Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

STEVE COOPER

Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:32 am

Forests new manager compo agreed with the jacks as his contract is not up until next summer!
Has got a job on his hands, now we will see how good he is :thumbup:

Re: STEVE COOPER

Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:55 pm

Former Swansea City boss Steve Cooper is the new manager of Nottingham Forest, 90min understands.

18th September 2021

Swansea City will receive £2million in compensation as Cooper was still under contract with them.

Forest sacked Chris Hughton on Thursday following the club's dreadful start to the Championship season that has seen them take just one point from seven matches.

While Steven Reid was placed in temporary charge as interim first-team coach, it seems the Midlands side has quickly honed in on a replacement.

Roy Keane, Neil Lennon and Jack Lester were all considered, but Forest have decided upon Cooper. 90min understands the Welshman is finalising his backroom staff and is set to be in attendance at the John Smith's Stadium when his new side travel to face Huddersfield in the league on Saturday afternoon.

Cooper has been out of work since leaving Swansea by mutual consent in July having guided the Welsh club to the playoff final in 2020/21, where they were beaten by Brentford at Wembley.

Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:09 pm

Jeez I think I’d take the ugly bugger over our dinosaur!

Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:48 pm

Hate to say it by I have to agree.

Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:59 pm

We should have signed him up, he’s an undercover BlueBird whose great developing young players! Wonder what compensation we’ll get when we part with MM?

Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:42 am

Coopper will want a big salary and money so I bet he has been promised money as the jacks said no to him and he left and he wouldnt come to Cardiff for the same reason. McCarthy is doing his best with what he was giving

Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:15 pm

Forest wont flirt with relegation, even without him, they have a decent squad, with some good players, they won away yesterday, so they have started by breaking their duck.

Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:04 pm

I definitely would have taken cooper I think he will do well for forest the day of the dinesours are coming to an end

Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:46 am

cardiff 74 wrote:I definitely would have taken cooper I think he will do well for forest the day of the dinesours are coming to an end

Agree but unfortunately they’re not quite extinct yet!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:11 pm

Confirmed now.

Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:05 pm

Forest got good players they've just list their way..... cooper will bring order to their play whether it will get them going up league hard to say but certainly wont be relegated..