Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MY VIEW: CARDIFF TODAY TOOK ON FOR ONLY THE 2ND TIME THI

Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:24 pm

I understand frustrations and to be honest it reminds me of the Russell Slade years BUT we are 5 points off second and 2 off the Play Offs.

We are not in any danger of going down and are in a far better positions than some bigger clubs than ours with far more illustrious history's.

Personally I only ever realistically expected us to be in or around the higher mid-table with an outside shot of the Play Offs and I think most reasonable level headed fans would have thought the same?

The current Top 3 are what most people would have expected and after that it's pretty much a free for all. I never expected anything from the game today, we simply can't compete with Bournemouth at the moment, that might sound sad and pathetic but its the cold hard truth, I mean they had Mepham and Brooks on the bench who would walk into our team, as would Lowe probably.

After all the crap of the the last 7-8 years and everything we have been though as fans we have worked hard to get some unity back in the Club and around the fan base, now is the time to stand tall and keep the faith

:bluescarf:

Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:24 pm

fred keenor wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Reply FB:

Anyone who thinks we're in danger of going down is an idiot, even by the standards of our fans.

We have a mid table manager and mid table is where we will be.

There is no chance we will be dragged into a relegation battle.

Sensationalism from a few at it's finest.

I expected us to lose today tbh vs a team who acutally pass the ball about and create chances but unless we are winning every game which we certainly will not then it's always going to be mick out and relegation talk. No idea what people expect anymore I mean do they not see we are stripping the squad completely. David Brooks couldn't even get on the field today for Bournemouth yet what did we have when you look at ours "colins" says it all in the quailty in the two sides today we carry on regardless. We all know Mm will toe the party line with the media eitherway as its his wage like anyone in a job who really can't say how it is. Sacking him and replace him with another squad thinner manager while having zero to spend won't make any difference as the same players will be there in my opinion :bluescarf:

It would be nice to enjoy a game of football for a change
The problems are higher up the food chain than MM.
Our chairman being absent again today , was he selling some more Bentleys?

Ken was there again... :thumbup:

Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:37 pm

Worth pointing out that the last time MM was sacked and replaced (apart from his sHort stay in Cyprus) It was at Ipswich and he was replaced by Paul Hurst. He was regarded as a very progressive young manager. He had got Grimbsy promoted and joined Shrewsbury where in his first season there they finished third in league two they were top of the table for most of the season but were eventually caught by Blackburn and Wigan who had much bigger squads and more money to spend. He got them to the playoff final and the final of the Papa John trophy that season as well.

It was good enough to get him the Ipswich job in place of McCarthy. He was sacked later that season as Ipswich were obviously going to be relegated and were.They have looked no where near getting back to the championship since.

Whilst I have reservations about MM,he just doesn't seem to be taking us forward there is no guarentee that any replacement like Hurst who was regarded as young and progressive and had done brilliantly at his previous two clubs would be any better and his Ipswich replacement was much worse.

Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:43 pm

Played lot better when the 3 youngsters came on we actually started to play better football especially colwill on left... but it's very difficult for them when you got intransigent players in defence and midfield that cannot play type football the youngsters can and it showed today, my concern is if mick stays nothing will change playing wise because Theres Opportunity at end season for change direction with out contract players going new Broom required .... as for goal mmmmm love to ask Morrison why he stood 5 yards away from scorer and just turn his back on him? That is become the hallmark of how city concede goals...... people slated collins Wednesday but moore today was awful and looked as if suffering from fatigue (covid) but he needs Harris to be couple yards away not 20 so that he can feed off moore.... point on parker and his assistant! Never stopped whinging at 4th official and lino about everything
And assistant going outside the technical area most of game...

Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:“THATS 4 DEFEATS IN OUR LAST 5 GAMES & OUR ONLY WIN V THE BOTTOM OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP” :arrow: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

8 games...11 points...let's see what the next 8 games accumulate.

Are we playing any more teams in the bottom 4?

Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:15 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:“THATS 4 DEFEATS IN OUR LAST 5 GAMES & OUR ONLY WIN V THE BOTTOM OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP” :arrow: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

8 games...11 points...let's see what the next 8 games accumulate.

Are we playing any more teams in the bottom 4?

Swansea at moment

Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:23 pm

That could have been far worse if it wasn’t for some poor finishing from an otherwise very impressive Bournemouth side. Thought Colwill and Collins (yes Collins) added something when they came on. Living off scraps though.

Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:52 pm

I’m sure he’s a very pleasant man but he “is stealing a living.”
Vaulks is so bad he must be the only Welsh player in the championship who’s not good enough for the Wales squad - you know all those unheard of lower league players with Welsh grandads and Johnny Williams get in ahead of him.
He was that anonymous & useless at Coventry I thought surely dinosaur Mick won’t pick him ever ever ever again but no we had to witness another torrid 90 minutes from him.
So long as TRex continues to select him, a joke of a back 3, Bacuna - he is that bad - and Collins then we’re going nowhere but spiralling downwards.

Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Another sitter missed by James Collins today.

Really !!??

He had one chance when he managed to get his header towards the goal after arching his himself backwards. If that had gone in it would have been a wonder goal !!

Collins has been pretty poor but today he was excellent when he came on.

I thought he and Colwill gave us a bit of control and, maybe, hope for the rest of the season.

Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:10 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Another sitter missed by James Collins today.

Really !!??

He had one chance when he managed to get his header towards the goal after arching his himself backwards. If that had gone in it would have been a wonder goal !!

Collins has been pretty poor but today he was excellent when he came on.

I thought he and Colwill gave us a bit of control and, maybe, hope for the rest of the season.

Moore missed a good opportunity 1st half shot was weak when could of either taken it forward inside area or better pass it to Harris in better position... why bash Collins for a good effort when Moore did sfa all game? :roll:

Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:19 pm

Warwickshire Bluebird wrote:That could have been far worse if it wasn’t for some poor finishing from an otherwise very impressive Bournemouth side. Thought Colwill and Collins (yes Collins) added something when they came on. Living off scraps though.

Agree , I thought Collins was best player for us when he come on, was working hard and trying to create something

Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:28 pm

MM BE GONE BY XMAS

Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:47 pm

Many of us witnessed a very poor performance that lacked any kind of team game. Not more than two passes until the last 5 minutes and 85 minutes of punt ball previously was awful. It's going to be a long season.

Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:08 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Anyone who thinks we're in danger of going down is an idiot, even by the standards of our fans.

Spot on, Ned; but sadly many on here are driven by a 'result is everything' mentality...

Relegation will not involve us this season and our resolve not to lose will see us in good stead in that case

Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:18 pm

Crayfish wrote:Worth pointing out that the last time MM was sacked and replaced (apart from his sHort stay in Cyprus) It was at Ipswich and he was replaced by Paul Hurst. He was regarded as a very progressive young manager. He had got Grimbsy promoted and joined Shrewsbury where in his first season there they finished third in league two they were top of the table for most of the season but were eventually caught by Blackburn and Wigan who had much bigger squads and more money to spend. He got them to the playoff final and the final of the Papa John trophy that season as well.

It was good enough to get him the Ipswich job in place of McCarthy. He was sacked later that season as Ipswich were obviously going to be relegated and were.They have looked no where near getting back to the championship since.

Whilst I have reservations about MM,he just doesn't seem to be taking us forward there is no guarentee that any replacement like Hurst who was regarded as young and progressive and had done brilliantly at his previous two clubs would be any better and his Ipswich replacement was much worse.

I wonder how much of Hurts ineffectiveness was down to taking over from Mick and presumably a squad of players who had negative hit and hope football drilled into them.

If his time at Ipswich was like his time here, I assume he got rid or didn’t play anybody that had flair, creativity of heavens forbid could make a pass. If that is the case it would be difficult for a progressive manager walking into that job.

And that is my worry here. What is the plan? Mick has removed any and all form of creativity - and before we blame only the board, Mick didn’t play Holiett last season, he didn’t play Murphy this season and he continues to use Bacuna, Vaulks etc in place of more creative choices.

We could well be Ipswich in two years time, with a squad so devoid of any creativity or footballers that it is an impossible job. If the academy kids coming through have been playing a more expansive game, MM should be trying to move us to that 1. To get the best from the youngsters coming through and 2. To lay the groundwork for when he goes in a couple of years.

We aren’t going up, so the board should mandate that to him otherwise once he goes, where do we go?

Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:25 pm

Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Spot on, Ned; but sadly many on here are driven by a 'result is everything' mentality...

Relegation will not involve us this season and our resolve not to lose will see us in good stead in that case

A resolve not to lose will only get you so far. This season we’ve lost as many as we’ve won and by the start of October is conceivable that we will have lost more than we have won.

Bournemouth matched our physicality and added skill. Coventry did the same. They both had as much resolve as we did, but actually showed the quality it takes to win games.

Everyone to their own opinion, but based on what we’ve seen so far this season it is very optimistic to say that we won’t be involved in a relegation battle this season.

Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:37 am

Blue78 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:MY VIEW / OPINION:

CARDIFF TODAY TOOK ON FOR ONLY THE 2ND TIME THIS SEASON ANOTHER SIDE ABOVE THEM IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP AND AFTER LOSING AWAY TO COVENTRY CITY, CARDIFF ONCE AGAIN LOST & SADLY OUTPLAYED. :cry: :cry:

MICK BROUGHT IN SANG / BROWN & BACUNA / BIG CHANGES:
while Rubin Colwill, Joel Bagan and Perry Ng were dropped to the bench.
Harsh on Ng, who was probably City's best player up at Coventry.

We did very well to keep it only one nil.

For long periods Bournemouth dominated the game and outclassed Cardiff, City had their backs to the wall on many occasions.

No more from Mick McCarthy saying we have a quality, big squad and he is happy, total bullshit, at home today and thankfully only 1 nil, but both games against teams from above us and lost both and outplayed.

First-Half:For me Bournemouth were by far the better side, but to be fair to Cardiff closed them down and battled all over the pitch.

Second-Half Bournemouth were dominating so in 62nd min Sang and Harris made way for Colwill and Collins.

Another sitter missed by James Collins today.

Also more bullshit from Mick saying we dont need even any free agents, the truth is the board have blocked strengthening.

We will stay up, but mid table at best.

CARDIFF CITY 0 BOURNEMOUTH 1 :cry: :cry:
H-T 0-0
Crowd 19,090

Away support 1,452

Cardiff: Phillips; Sang, Flint, Morrison (c), Nelson, Brown; Vaulks, Pack, Bacuna; Harris; Moore

Subs: Smithies, McGuinness, Bagan, Ng, Bowen, Colwill, Collins

A good first-half by Bournemouth, who will feel they should have been winning and had some good chances, but Cardiff fought hard and kept it 0-0. :bluebird: :bluebird:

H-T 0-0

Goal! Cardiff City 0-1 Bournemouth (Billing) :cry: :cry:
It's been coming.

Smith feeds Billing midway inside the Cardiff half and he's able to pick is spot and stroke it into the bottom right-hand corner.
Phillips rooted to the spot.

62nd min Sang and Harris made way for Colwill and Collins.

Bournemouth dominating most of the game.

73 mins: Bagan on for Brown.

Brown hmmm not first team for me

Tuesday Aug 24 Cardiff 0 Brighton 2 :cry: League Cup Rd 2 Crowd 6,013

Sat Aug 28 Cardiff City 1 Bristol City 2 :cry: :cry: Crowd 20,891 Away Support ( 2,453)

Sunday Sep 12 Nottingham Forest 1 Cardiff City 2 Crowd 24,153 Away Support ( 1,633) :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Sep 15 Coventry City 1 Cardiff City 0 :cry: :cry: Crowd Away Support ( 1,444)

Sat Sep 18 Cardiff City v A.F.C. Bournemouth

Sat Sep 25 Blackburn Rovers A

Tue Sep 28 West Bromwich Albion H

UP NEXT BLACKBURN ROVERS AWAY NEXT SATURDAY 3PM / PAY ON THE DAY FOR CARDIFF FANS :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I’m sure the board have blocked some recruitment, but let’s not kid ourselves - what would Mick bring in? Just more giants and one dimensional players.

1-0 down today, outfought in the air and his substitutions consist of 1 creative player (who was stuck on the wing), a lump of a forward and a left back. Bowen should have come on to at least try and change the game. Yet he continues doing the same turgid rubbish every week.

3.5 hour drive to the game to not even have a moment where I was out of my seat. It’s pathetic.

The committee have blocked three of Micks transfers that were coming in and all agreed.

But Mick is a puppet and won’t say a word other than the squad is big, strength in all areas etc etc Neil Harris repeating himself

Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:25 am

Twitter:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:13 pm

[quote="RV Casual"]I understand frustrations and to be honest it reminds me of the Russell Slade years BUT we are 5 points off second and 2 off the Play Offs.

We are not in any danger of going down and are in a far better positions than some bigger clubs than ours with far more illustrious history's.

Personally I only ever realistically expected us to be in or around the higher mid-table with an outside shot of the Play Offs and I think most reasonable level headed fans would have thought the same?

The current Top 3 are what most people would have expected and after that it's pretty much a free for all. I never expected anything from the game today, we simply can't compete with Bournemouth at the moment, that might sound sad and pathetic but its the cold hard truth, I mean they had Mepham and Brooks on the bench who would walk into our team, as would Lowe probably.

After all the crap of the the last 7-8 years and everything we have been though as fans we have worked hard to get some unity back in the Club and around the fan base, now is the time to stand tall and keep the faith

Two points.Yes we are only five points off second and two off the the playoffs but I suspect that is entirely due to the fact we have had an extremely easy set up fixtures up to now the likes of Forest Blackpool and Peterborough all of whom could be relegated. We started a set of fixtures against teams who want to make the playoffs or go up automatically with Coventry and Bournemouh and have been found wanting. I think six games from now people will be saying we are only seven points off the playoffs and twelve off top spot.

As for we can't compete with the likes of Bournemouh why on earth not? We did last season we beat them in Bournemouth in a vital match towards the end of last season and deserved to win that match too. If we had not lost five games on the trot under the inept Harris we would probably have finished higher than them too.

The reason we looked so poor against Bournmouth this time round is we have not moved forward under McCarthy and Bournemouth have under a new manager. Have to say I am coming round to the view that we are going nowhere under MM and as long as he is here we will be condemned to Slade type mid table mediocrity though the football was better with Slade.

Don't think we will get relegated under MM squad is good enough to stay up and we do have some good youngsters coming through though whether we will get the best out of them with this tedious hoofball is another thing.

Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Blue78 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:MY VIEW / OPINION:

CARDIFF TODAY TOOK ON FOR ONLY THE 2ND TIME THIS SEASON ANOTHER SIDE ABOVE THEM IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP AND AFTER LOSING AWAY TO COVENTRY CITY, CARDIFF ONCE AGAIN LOST & SADLY OUTPLAYED. :cry: :cry:

MICK BROUGHT IN SANG / BROWN & BACUNA / BIG CHANGES:
while Rubin Colwill, Joel Bagan and Perry Ng were dropped to the bench.
Harsh on Ng, who was probably City's best player up at Coventry.

We did very well to keep it only one nil.

For long periods Bournemouth dominated the game and outclassed Cardiff, City had their backs to the wall on many occasions.

No more from Mick McCarthy saying we have a quality, big squad and he is happy, total bullshit, at home today and thankfully only 1 nil, but both games against teams from above us and lost both and outplayed.

First-Half:For me Bournemouth were by far the better side, but to be fair to Cardiff closed them down and battled all over the pitch.

Second-Half Bournemouth were dominating so in 62nd min Sang and Harris made way for Colwill and Collins.

Also more bullshit from Mick saying we dont need even any free agents, the truth is the board have blocked strengthening.

We will stay up, but mid table at best.

CARDIFF CITY 0 BOURNEMOUTH 1 :cry: :cry:
H-T 0-0
Crowd 19,090

Away support 1,452

Cardiff: Phillips; Sang, Flint, Morrison (c), Nelson, Brown; Vaulks, Pack, Bacuna; Harris; Moore

Subs: Smithies, McGuinness, Bagan, Ng, Bowen, Colwill, Collins

A good first-half by Bournemouth, who will feel they should have been winning and had some good chances, but Cardiff fought hard and kept it 0-0. :bluebird: :bluebird:

H-T 0-0

Goal! Cardiff City 0-1 Bournemouth (Billing) :cry: :cry:
It's been coming.

Smith feeds Billing midway inside the Cardiff half and he's able to pick is spot and stroke it into the bottom right-hand corner.
Phillips rooted to the spot.

62nd min Sang and Harris made way for Colwill and Collins.

Bournemouth dominating most of the game.

73 mins: Bagan on for Brown.

Brown hmmm not first team for me

Tuesday Aug 24 Cardiff 0 Brighton 2 :cry: League Cup Rd 2 Crowd 6,013

Sat Aug 28 Cardiff City 1 Bristol City 2 :cry: :cry: Crowd 20,891 Away Support ( 2,453)

Sunday Sep 12 Nottingham Forest 1 Cardiff City 2 Crowd 24,153 Away Support ( 1,633) :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Sep 15 Coventry City 1 Cardiff City 0 :cry: :cry: Crowd Away Support ( 1,444)

Sat Sep 18 Cardiff City v A.F.C. Bournemouth

Sat Sep 25 Blackburn Rovers A

Tue Sep 28 West Bromwich Albion H

UP NEXT BLACKBURN ROVERS AWAY NEXT SATURDAY 3PM / PAY ON THE DAY FOR CARDIFF FANS :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I’m sure the board have blocked some recruitment, but let’s not kid ourselves - what would Mick bring in? Just more giants and one dimensional players.

1-0 down today, outfought in the air and his substitutions consist of 1 creative player (who was stuck on the wing), a lump of a forward and a left back. Bowen should have come on to at least try and change the game. Yet he continues doing the same turgid rubbish every week.

3.5 hour drive to the game to not even have a moment where I was out of my seat. It’s pathetic.

The committee have blocked three of Micks transfers that were coming in and all agreed.

But Mick is a puppet and won’t say a word other than the squad is big, strength in all areas etc etc Neil Harris repeating himself

I’m not doubting that - I think it is clear to see that they haven’t wanted more players in. And that might be for legit financial reason which is fair is so…or was there a doubt on who he wanted to bring in?

But my point is would Mick have got in more creativity or would it have been more of the same - big physical players rather than creativity. You might know who the players were so you might have a view on that.

So far he has bought in Collins (who hasn’t had a great start), Winkle who he then shipped to Blackpool, Giles (who looks quality) and McGuiness who is supposed to be more of a ball player than our other centre backs, but despite being back from injury for a few weeks can’t get a look in.

Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm

No versatility in the team
Looked like at times a lack of understanding.

Mick is out of his depth and will show more and more as the season goes on

Bmid table may be pushing it from the style we are playing