MY VIEW: CARDIFF TODAY TOOK ON FOR ONLY THE 2ND TIME THIS SE

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:48 pm

MY VIEW / OPINION:

CARDIFF TODAY TOOK ON FOR ONLY THE 2ND TIME THIS SEASON ANOTHER SIDE ABOVE THEM IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP AND AFTER LOSING AWAY TO COVENTRY CITY, CARDIFF ONCE AGAIN LOST & SADLY OUTPLAYED. :cry: :cry:

MICK BROUGHT IN SANG / BROWN & BACUNA / BIG CHANGES:
while Rubin Colwill, Joel Bagan and Perry Ng were dropped to the bench.
Harsh on Ng, who was probably City's best player up at Coventry.

We did very well to keep it only one nil.

For long periods Bournemouth dominated the game and outclassed Cardiff, City had their backs to the wall on many occasions.

No more from Mick McCarthy saying we have a quality, big squad and he is happy, total bullshit, at home today and thankfully only 1 nil, but both games against teams from above us and lost both and outplayed.

First-Half:For me Bournemouth were by far the better side, but to be fair to Cardiff closed them down and battled all over the pitch.

Second-Half Bournemouth were dominating so in 62nd min Sang and Harris made way for Colwill and Collins.

Another sitter missed by James Collins today.

Also more bullshit from Mick saying we dont need even any free agents, the truth is the board have blocked strengthening.

We will stay up, but mid table at best.

CARDIFF CITY 0 BOURNEMOUTH 1 :cry: :cry:
H-T 0-0
Crowd 19,090

Away support 1,452

Cardiff: Phillips; Sang, Flint, Morrison (c), Nelson, Brown; Vaulks, Pack, Bacuna; Harris; Moore

Subs: Smithies, McGuinness, Bagan, Ng, Bowen, Colwill, Collins

A good first-half by Bournemouth, who will feel they should have been winning and had some good chances, but Cardiff fought hard and kept it 0-0. :bluebird: :bluebird:

H-T 0-0

Goal! Cardiff City 0-1 Bournemouth (Billing) :cry: :cry:
It's been coming.

Smith feeds Billing midway inside the Cardiff half and he's able to pick is spot and stroke it into the bottom right-hand corner.
Phillips rooted to the spot.

62nd min Sang and Harris made way for Colwill and Collins.

Bournemouth dominating most of the game.

73 mins: Bagan on for Brown.

Brown hmmm not first team for me

“THATS 4 DEFEATS IN OUR LAST 5 GAMES & OUR ONLY WIN V THE BOTTOM OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP” :arrow: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tuesday Aug 24 Cardiff 0 Brighton 2 :cry: League Cup Rd 2 Crowd 6,013

Sat Aug 28 Cardiff City 1 Bristol City 2 :cry: :cry: Crowd 20,891 Away Support ( 2,453)

Sunday Sep 12 Nottingham Forest 1 Cardiff City 2 Crowd 24,153 Away Support ( 1,633) :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Sep 15 Coventry City 1 Cardiff City 0 :cry: :cry: Crowd Away Support ( 1,444)

Sat Sep 18 Cardiff City 0 A.F.C. Bournemouth 1 :cry: :cry: Crowd 19,090 Away Support (1,452)

Sat Sep 25 Blackburn Rovers A

Tue Sep 28 West Bromwich Albion H

UP NEXT BLACKBURN ROVERS AWAY NEXT SATURDAY 3PM / PAY ON THE DAY FOR CARDIFF FANS :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Attachments
8C7C7B18-8DC3-4987-91D7-4C417B372D97.jpeg
8C7C7B18-8DC3-4987-91D7-4C417B372D97.jpeg (147.67 KiB) Viewed 10794 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: MY VIEW: CARDIFF TODAY TOOK ON FOR ONLY THE 2ND TIME THI

Postby DEANO » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:54 pm

Let's hope they dont lose a load of supporters who wont come back .they wont pay or waste time watching this shite
Attachments
E_lDI81XoAwqetz.jpeg
E_lDI81XoAwqetz.jpeg (77.98 KiB) Viewed 10197 times
DEANO

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:55 pm

Not at all surprised by this performance or result.

Outplayed for large parts of the game I feel is going to be the way for us this season. Lets get those 40 odd points to avoid relegation.
Bakedalasker

Postby Plymuff Bloobird » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:56 pm

Outclassed today but not surprisingly so.
Gulf between the two teams was obvious to see for everyone to see.
I agree we will stay up but mid-table at best.
Plymuff Bloobird

Postby EastleighBlue » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:58 pm

I don't think we were outplayed today, we just didn't have the quality that Bournemouth have. They are top of the league and have premier league players in their team. We battled for everything and I can't ask for more than that. It was much better than mid-week. We are what we are which is a mid table side at best. We just have to get behind the team now and hopefully get some points on the board again soon. What we don't want is to fall in to a losing run. I'll take a point at Blackburn now. Really hope Giles is fit again soon, his quality has been hugely missed in the last three games.
EastleighBlue

Postby RICK+CCFC » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:00 pm

Unfortunately, we may as well get used to results like this. Thread bare squad and totally lacking in quality. Three years ago we were playing in the Premiership. The gulf in class since then is astonishing. It begs the question “where will we be in another three years time”,,,, at this rate?
Last edited by RICK+CCFC on Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RICK+CCFC

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:01 pm

Reply FB:
Attachments
5099B6A2-0A6E-499A-BF38-C4DEC955348B.jpeg
5099B6A2-0A6E-499A-BF38-C4DEC955348B.jpeg (309.13 KiB) Viewed 10337 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Crayfish » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:14 pm

Considering we beat Bournemouth reasonably comfortably away from home last season I wonder if MM has taken us forward at all. It is starting to look like our reasonably good start to the season was mainly due to us playing some of the more rubbish sides early on and now we are playing better sides we are being found out.

We have lost three of our last four games and had we not played the worst side in the league in our secondgame might have lost four on the trot. Harris was sacked after losing five on the trot.

Have not been to critical of MM in the past but the football is dire the manager seems to know only one way play. Will put up with one dimensional hoofball if we are winning but not if we are crap. Still on the fence about MM but much more of this and I am moving into the get rid of the dinosaur camp.
Crayfish

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Reply FB:

Anyone who thinks we're in danger of going down is an idiot, even by the standards of our fans.

We have a mid table manager and mid table is where we will be.

There is no chance we will be dragged into a relegation battle.

Sensationalism from a few at it's finest.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Bluebird1977 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:20 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Not at all surprised by this performance or result.

Outplayed for large parts of the game I feel is going to be the way for us this season. Lets get those 40 odd points to avoid relegation.

Relegation :lol: come on
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby Bluebird1977 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:28 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Anyone who thinks we're in danger of going down is an idiot, even by the standards of our fans.

I expected us to lose today tbh vs a team who acutally pass the ball about and create chances but unless we are winning every game which we certainly will not then it's always going to be mick out and relegation talk. No idea what people expect anymore I mean do they not see we are stripping the squad completely. David Brooks couldn't even get on the field today for Bournemouth yet what did we have when you look at ours "colins" says it all in the quailty in the two sides today we carry on regardless. We all know Mm will toe the party line with the media eitherway as its his wage like anyone in a job who really can't say how it is. Sacking him and replace him with another squad thinner manager while having zero to spend won't make any difference as the same players will be there in my opinion :bluescarf:
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby CantonStandBob » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:40 pm

Agreed we won't go down we will stay mid table as there are far worse teams than us in the league so we will get results. But in terms of football style we probably play the ugliest most negative football that I can remember seeing us play since I started going to games in the early 90's. How can a manager strip away all the wide players at a club AND all attacking midfielders and play a wingback formation with no wingbacks?
Mick is "experienced" but we will slowly get worse under him he is too arrogant to change anything even if it was within his capabilities to do it, which sadly I don't think is even an option.
Hindsight is a great thing but we should never have rushed into giving him a new contract after his first 10 games or so, it should have been the start of something new under a younger (and actually enthusiastic) manager.
CantonStandBob

Postby fred keenor » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:40 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

I expected us to lose today tbh vs a team who acutally pass the ball about and create chances but unless we are winning every game which we certainly will not then it's always going to be mick out and relegation talk. No idea what people expect anymore I mean do they not see we are stripping the squad completely. David Brooks couldn't even get on the field today for Bournemouth yet what did we have when you look at ours "colins" says it all in the quailty in the two sides today we carry on regardless. We all know Mm will toe the party line with the media eitherway as its his wage like anyone in a job who really can't say how it is. Sacking him and replace him with another squad thinner manager while having zero to spend won't make any difference as the same players will be there in my opinion :bluescarf:

It would be nice to enjoy a game of football for a change
The problems are higher up the food chain than MM.
Our chairman being absent again today , was he selling some more Bentleys?
fred keenor

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:45 pm

Don’t say this often but I actually enjoyed watching Bournemouth play!

A good football side with excellent movement, a great defence and a cutting edge.
Be nice if we could play similar football one day but I guess we can dream.

I thought we did well to hold them to 1-0 as we defended well at times and pressed very well in their final third.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Danny Says » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:45 pm

There was such an air of total inevitability about today’s result.
City are so behind Bournemouth in footballing tactics and quality, even more so than Coventry.
1 clean sheet in 8.
8 goalless first half’s.
No creative or quick players in the team. (Giles may have made a difference but doubt it)
It’s becoming harder and harder to get enthused about watching such poor football.
I just will have to grin and bear it until those clowns who gave him a 2 year contract grow a pair and get shot of him
Danny Says

Postby Bluebird1977 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:53 pm

CantonStandBob wrote:Agreed we won't go down we will stay mid table as there are far worse teams than us in the league so we will get results. But in terms of football style we probably play the ugliest most negative football that I can remember seeing us play since I started going to games in the early 90's. How can a manager strip away all the wide players at a club AND all attacking midfielders and play a wingback formation with no wingbacks?
Mick is "experienced" but we will slowly get worse under him he is too arrogant to change anything even if it was within his capabilities to do it, which sadly I don't think is even an option.
Hindsight is a great thing but we should never have rushed into giving him a new contract after his first 10 games or so, it should have been the start of something new under a younger (and actually enthusiastic) manager.

I doubt the manager had zero say in the wide players gone out you talk about. I agree with some bits but it is what it is and we all know what's going on at the club currently. Wait till next season when Morrison, ralls and many others contracts have been run down the club cockroaches at the helm will get a manager who says are squads good enough and big enough even if we had 11 kids on the field to be honest :lol:
Bluebird1977

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:55 pm

Reply FB:
Attachments
69229C8B-9855-48BD-8633-E8A5BCF8E5CE.jpeg
69229C8B-9855-48BD-8633-E8A5BCF8E5CE.jpeg (334.63 KiB) Viewed 8877 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby theclaw » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:57 pm

Very poor and limited attacking display,we don’t even look like scoring from corners anymore.Time to go to a back four again I reckon.
theclaw

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:59 pm

Bournemouth now top of the Championship and gap already started
Attachments
2B589836-7F5E-4823-9D35-28945A5920AD.png
2B589836-7F5E-4823-9D35-28945A5920AD.png (578.8 KiB) Viewed 8793 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:59 pm

theclaw wrote:Very poor and limited attacking display,we don’t even look like scoring from corners anymore.Time to go to a back four again I reckon.

We did second half and looked slightly better.
Definitely we should try it next game.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby CantonStandBob » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:59 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
CantonStandBob wrote:Agreed we won't go down we will stay mid table as there are far worse teams than us in the league so we will get results. But in terms of football style we probably play the ugliest most negative football that I can remember seeing us play since I started going to games in the early 90's. How can a manager strip away all the wide players at a club AND all attacking midfielders and play a wingback formation with no wingbacks?

I doubt the manager had zero say in the wide players gone out you talk about. I agree with some bits but it is what it is and we all know what's going on at the club currently. Wait till next season when Morrison, ralls and many others contracts have been run down the club cockroaches at the helm will get a manager who says are squads good enough and big enough even if we had 11 kids on the field to be honest :lol:

Agree with you, any of them that want to stay under Mick would need their heads read we are going one way with him and that is down. Our players are (hopefully) too good this season but next season maybe not so. Besides Bournemouth we haven't even played the better teams yet but we are outplayed every game.
CantonStandBob

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:05 pm

“THATS 4 DEFEATS IN OUR LAST 5 GAMES & OUR ONLY WIN V THE BOTTOM OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP” :arrow: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Blue78 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:MY VIEW / OPINION:

CARDIFF TODAY TOOK ON FOR ONLY THE 2ND TIME THIS SEASON ANOTHER SIDE ABOVE THEM IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP AND AFTER LOSING AWAY TO COVENTRY CITY, CARDIFF ONCE AGAIN LOST & SADLY OUTPLAYED. :cry: :cry:

For long periods Bournemouth dominated the game and outclassed Cardiff, City had their backs to the wall on many occasions.

No more from Mick McCarthy saying we have a quality, big squad and he is happy, total bullshit, at home today and thankfully only 1 nil, but both games against teams from above us and lost both and outplayed.

First-Half:For me Bournemouth were by far the better side, but to be fair to Cardiff closed them down and battled all over the pitch.

Second-Half Bournemouth were dominating so in 62nd min Sang and Harris made way for Colwill and Collins.

Also more bullshit from Mick saying we dont need even any free agents, the truth is the board have blocked strengthening.

H-T 0-0
Crowd 19,090

Away support 1,452

Cardiff: Phillips; Sang, Flint, Morrison (c), Nelson, Brown; Vaulks, Pack, Bacuna; Harris; Moore

A good first-half by Bournemouth, who will feel they should have been winning and had some good chances, but Cardiff fought hard and kept it 0-0. :bluebird: :bluebird:

H-T 0-0

It's been coming.

Smith feeds Billing midway inside the Cardiff half and he's able to pick is spot and stroke it into the bottom right-hand corner.

Sat Aug 28 Cardiff City 1 Bristol City 2 :cry: :cry: Crowd 20,891 Away Support ( 2,453)

Sunday Sep 12 Nottingham Forest 1 Cardiff City 2 Crowd 24,153 Away Support ( 1,633) :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Sep 15 Coventry City 1 Cardiff City 0 :cry: :cry: Crowd Away Support ( 1,444)

Sat Sep 18 Cardiff City v A.F.C. Bournemouth

UP NEXT BLACKBURN ROVERS AWAY NEXT SATURDAY 3PM / PAY ON THE DAY FOR CARDIFF FANS :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I’m sure the board have blocked some recruitment, but let’s not kid ourselves - what would Mick bring in? Just more giants and one dimensional players.

1-0 down today, outfought in the air and his substitutions consist of 1 creative player (who was stuck on the wing), a lump of a forward and a left back. Bowen should have come on to at least try and change the game. Yet he continues doing the same turgid rubbish every week.

3.5 hour drive to the game to not even have a moment where I was out of my seat. It’s pathetic.
Blue78

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:13 pm

Blue78 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:MY VIEW / OPINION:

H-T 0-0
Crowd 19,090

Away support 1,452

H-T 0-0

It's been coming.

Sat Sep 18 Cardiff City v A.F.C. Bournemouth

I’m sure the board have blocked some recruitment, but let’s not kid ourselves - what would Mick bring in? Just more giants and one dimensional players.

1-0 down today, outfought in the air and his substitutions consist of 1 creative player (who was stuck on the wing), a lump of a forward and a left back. Bowen should have come on to at least try and change the game. Yet he continues doing the same turgid rubbish every week.

3.5 hour drive to the game to not even have a moment where I was out of my seat. It’s pathetic.

You make a valid point about McCarthy’s possible recruitment but we don’t really know.

A 7 hour round trip?! Fair do’s mate, I couldn’t be doing that to watch our football at the moment.

10 minutes for me :laughing6:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby castleblue » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:30 pm

We need to get used to performances and results like this and for me this season is ALL about reaching 50 points and safety. I thought today was about one team having a coach who has his team playing patient football with lots of passing and movement probing away to create the openings to win the game, the other team has been coached to keep shape and close the gaps the opposition are looking to expose.

You could say MM is organising the Cardiff team to play to it's strength with little to no interest in creating chances in open play just praying one long throw will create an opening to score. Tactically it belongs in the jurassic era and it WILL result in MM losing his job and it's just a matter of when he goes. It's Blackburn away, WBA Home, Reading Home and Swansea away to take us to 12 games for me we will be lucky to pick up and handful of points out of those games.

Long long season coming up.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby davids » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:33 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Whilst I don't think we will go down I'm not sure how you can be so blase about the possibility of us being involved in a battle at the wrong end of the table. We could actually be in a relegation struggle by the end of this month if we losee against Blackburn and West Brom which is not beyond the realms of possibility.

Three losses in the league in the last four games (also the League Cup defeat as well). a first team relying on young players learning their trade, very little prospect of reinforcements at all this season, nothing on the bench today that could influence the game, virtually no attacking threat in the last two full games.

I say again I'm sure we have enough to stay up but history is full of relegated teams who were "too good to go down"
davids

Postby fred keenor » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:38 pm

castleblue wrote:We need to get used to performances and results like this and for me this season is ALL about reaching 50 points and safety. I thought today was about one team having a coach who has his team playing patient football with lots of passing and movement probing away to create the openings to win the game, the other team has been coached to keep shape and close the gaps the opposition are looking to expose.

You could say MM is organising the Cardiff team to play to it's strength with little to no interest in creating chances in open play just praying one long throw will create an opening to score. Tactically it belongs in the jurassic era and it WILL result in MM losing his job and it's just a matter of when he goes. It's Blackburn away, WBA Home, Reading Home and Swansea away to take us to 12 games for me we will be lucky to pick up and handful of points out of those games.

As our forever absent chairman stated in August, Vincent Tan is intent on driving Cardiff forward.
Well, Its been a long, long time since we were entertained at home.

Within 8 months we have 8 first team players out of contract, we will soon see how Vincent Tan decision to drive the club forward is going to pan out.

My own opinion is we are seeing the finale of his ownership.
fred keenor

Postby Plymuff Bloobird » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:43 pm

It's easy to say get rid of dinosaur Mick and get a young manager in.
Firstly It's obvious he has been told to cut the squad and bring the kids on board in the first team,this is exactly what he is doing so therefore he is sticking to his brief.
Unless we get into relegation trouble or lose 7 or 8 on the bounce he won't be sacked.
As for being replaced by a young forward thinking manager exactly who? Even if this did happen he would have the same players to work with and changing the style of play could be a disaster as at least we are picking up points at the moment, even though its not exactly eye candy on the pitch.
At the moment and the foreseeable future the only way of getting promoted is via a play off scenario as we are light years from a top two team.
We had 2 shots in the Premier league and got it wrong for whatever reasons (not being good enough and probably the wrong managers at the time)
I believe we are in this division for quite a while along with about 14/15 other similar standard of teams.
The Prem is almost a closed shop now with a few teams gaining the yoyo tag (Norwich wba Fulham and probably Bournemouth etc)
Plymuff Bloobird

Postby davids » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:56 pm

fred keenor wrote:
castleblue wrote:We need to get used to performances and results like this and for me this season is ALL about reaching 50 points and safety. I thought today was about one team having a coach who has his team playing patient football with lots of passing and movement probing away to create the openings to win the game, the other team has been coached to keep shape and close the gaps the opposition are looking to expose.

As our forever absent chairman stated in August, Vincent Tan is intent on driving Cardiff forward.
Well, Its been a long, long time since we were entertained at home.

Within 8 months we have 8 first team players out of contract, we will soon see how Vincent Tan decision to drive the club forward is going to pan out.

My own opinion is we are seeing the finale of his ownership.

I will say this for Tan, Dalman and Choo - at least we've not had the usual pre-season bollocks from the board about how they expect us to be challenging for promotion and that the target is the play-offs at the very least.

In fact, we've not been told anything about their plans, their expectations, the future etc from the hierarchy at the club other than the twin policies of financial cut backs and reliance on youth team players.
davids

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:14 pm

We did well to hold them to 1 mil. Seemed a bit of a bizarre goal - we seemed to stop playing and they carried on.

Other than that not much in it - but by christ it was so boring to watch. We seemed bereft of any semblance of tactics or a plan in any way shape or form.

Hopefully things will improve next week
ReesWestonSuperMare

Next

Return to General Chat