Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Thank you ticket office staff

Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:54 am

I arrived at the ground a little earlier than normal minus a hard season ticket with my virtual one failing to load, so Friday went onto my account and downloaded an e ticket as i have done for every home game to date. That never worked and was told that I had to go to the ticket office, the customer service lad said there wouldn't be much of a queue. When i walked from the Ninian stand it was already snaking well past the FK statue and it was 14:20 !!!!

25 mins of frustration and anger was going to be vented at someone and the ticket office staff were going to have it...But the young lady behind the glass was brilliant, fully explained what had happened and gave short term resolution. Shame her bosses and their boss are not as good at customer service than she is.

What struck me at the turnstile whilst the young lad was on the radio trying to work out whats gone wrong was the amount of fans who placed their card under the scanner rather the on the contactless symbol. Did anyone think it would have taken a lot of the confusion away if they made it known that prior to getting at the turnstyle. I must have advised at least 10 fans in 2 mins.

Yesterday was a chore, but i was expecting it. You have to love it and sometimes I do think.......

Re: Thank you ticket office staff

Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:24 am

llan bluebird wrote:I arrived at the ground a little earlier than normal minus a hard season ticket with my virtual one failing to load, so Friday went onto my account and downloaded an e ticket as i have done for every home game to date. That never worked and was told that I had to go to the ticket office, the customer service lad said there wouldn't be much of a queue. When i walked from the Ninian stand it was already snaking well past the FK statue and it was 14:20 !!!!

25 mins of frustration and anger was going to be vented at someone and the ticket office staff were going to have it...But the young lady behind the glass was brilliant, fully explained what had happened and gave short term resolution. Shame her bosses and their boss are not as good at customer service than she is.

What struck me at the turnstile whilst the young lad was on the radio trying to work out whats gone wrong was the amount of fans who placed their card under the scanner rather the on the contactless symbol. Did anyone think it would have taken a lot of the confusion away if they made it known that prior to getting at the turnstyle. I must have advised at least 10 fans in 2 mins.

Yesterday was a chore, but i was expecting it. You have to love it and sometimes I do think.......

Teething problems always come with new systems at large venues but didnt see any at my entrance.... but did upstairs... ... but theres always something not working at club every season..... :laughing6:

Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:32 am

I have always found all the staff in ticket office friendly and very helpful :thumbright: :bluebird:

It’s the big big bosses who don’t give them the resources.

Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:22 am

Forever Blue wrote:I have always found all the staff in ticket office friendly and very helpful :thumbright: :bluebird:

Agree with that, Annis; and people need to remember those they actually face at the end of any queue are there to resolve issues that others behind them (club or otherwise) actually create

It's a tough gig for them but I've personally never encountered a bad attitude or poor service and have often praised them on here

Great that the OP's issue was easily sorted but it seems sometimes others wind themselves up so much over very little that someone/anyone is 'having it' no matter what

Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:29 am

Forever Blue wrote:I have always found all the staff in ticket office friendly and very helpful :thumbright: :bluebird:

Couldn't agree more. As in many industries, If those in charge actually got their hands dirty every now and again and got down onto the "factory floor" now and again, they would be in a better position to see where the problems lie.