Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Any CCFC financial threads

Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:23 am

Just looking for some info to understand the clubs financial situation

Re: Any CCFC financial threads

Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:47 pm

BigBearBlue1974 wrote:Just looking for some info to understand the clubs financial situation

The financial situation is in the eye of the beholder? Debt Ranges from 50m to 200m depends on which
club accountant you listen to on here? Safe to say we are like most clubs losing money and cutting costs as much as possible..,
Best not to worry about it but concentrate on the football that's enough to worry about for now... :thumbup:

Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:46 pm

You can get a copy of the accounts from companies house for no cost, but they can be difficult to interpret and they are over a year out of date.

Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:45 pm

BigBearBlue1974 wrote:Just looking for some info to understand the clubs financial situation

FYI I have looked at the accounts for 2019/20 and it states that our total debt is £107m of which £49m is owed to shareholders and connected parties.

Our total net liabilities (£107m less our total assets) gave us a net liability of £24m. Interestingly Cardiff City Stadium is valued at £80m the same figure which Derby sold their ground for but it was deemed not a fair market value and they are now facing a points deduction :?

We lost £12,260,000 for the season. I don't fully understand how that figure is reached but things like Amortisation of player contracts caused a £17m loss just on that one thing :shock:

When you look at the headline figure (£12m loss) then that would work out at the reported £1mpm needed from Vincent Tan to keep the club afloat and would also make us compliant with FFP/Profit & Sustainability rules.

Mind you I am not really sure that VT (or someone else) is literally putting a physical £1mpm into the club but I'm no expert.