Wrexham fans

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wrexham fans

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:27 am

Fair play Wrexham fans , 580 travelled on Friday night away to Grimsby 340 mike round trip for a non league game.
Attachments
D4159E00-8B38-4B57-B454-8F3C101428B3.jpeg
D4159E00-8B38-4B57-B454-8F3C101428B3.jpeg (105.68 KiB) Viewed 5016 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Wrexham fans

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Wrexham fans

Postby Barclay1 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:07 am

Annis, a club support being caught up with the enthusiasm, charisma and support of the team shown by the owners.

It used to be us. Sadly, I can see our away support, which has been first class so far, dwindling due to the lack of enthusiasm, charisma and support shown by our owners.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:00 am

Barclay1 wrote:Annis, a club support being caught up with the enthusiasm, charisma and support of the team shown by the owners.

It used to be us. Sadly, I can see our away support, which has been first class so far, dwindling due to the lack of enthusiasm, charisma and support shown by our owners.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:28 am

Barclay1 wrote:Annis, a club support being caught up with the enthusiasm, charisma and support of the team shown by the owners.

That Lee is exactly how it works :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:33 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Surely a winning team can do that. Entertaining too. Not saying we’re doing that but those, I’d say, are the first 2 on the list.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Canton Kev » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:49 am

Interestingly, our away support is at some of it’s best in years. We took hundreds more to Forest on a Sunday for a game on Sky than we did 2 years ago for a Saturday 3pm kick off. I was at a midweek game in Derby maybe 3 or 4 years ago and there was about 300 there, last week 1400 went to Coventry midweek.

And that’s despite the fact investment and support from the owners is at its lowest in years.
Canton Kev

Postby moonboots » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:48 pm

Very well put.
moonboots

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:17 pm

Canton Kev wrote:

Interestingly, our away support is at some of it’s best in years. We took hundreds more to Forest on a Sunday for a game on Sky than we did 2 years ago for a Saturday 3pm kick off. I was at a midweek game in Derby maybe 3 or 4 years ago and there was about 300 there, last week 1400 went to Coventry midweek.

And that’s despite the fact investment and support from the owners is at its lowest in years.

We have not sold out an away game for years

I thought we would take 2,000 fans to Blackpool, pay on the day, Summer time, first away game of the season
Attachments
0FC831B2-CB14-4224-87FB-DADB5E84B153.jpeg
0FC831B2-CB14-4224-87FB-DADB5E84B153.jpeg (365.7 KiB) Viewed 3022 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Canton Kev » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Canton Kev wrote:

I thought we would take 2,000 fans to Blackpool, pay on the day, Summer time, first away game of the season

My point though is that our away support is improved in the past few seasons compared to what it has been previously despite the past few seasons having lower support/investment/interest from the top brass.

Also we’ve definitely sold out games in recent years. Brentford, West Brom, Hull, Luton, Reading, Swansea are some games in the past few years I can recall selling out. Plus most of the Premier League games in the 18/19 season would’ve been sold out.
Canton Kev

Postby Canton Kev » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:53 am

Canton Kev wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Canton Kev wrote:

My point though is that our away support is improved in the past few seasons compared to what it has been previously despite the past few seasons having lower support/investment/interest from the top brass.

Also we’ve definitely sold out games in recent years. Brentford, West Brom, Hull, Luton, Reading, Swansea are some games in the past few years I can recall selling out. Plus most of the Premier League games in the 18/19 season would’ve been sold out.

Forgot to add on, we may not have taken 2000 to Blackpool but the season before last we sold well over 3000 tickets for Wigan away first game of the season :ayatollah:
Canton Kev

Return to General Chat