Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ JASON PERRY IS SPOT ON ABOUT CARDIFF “

Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:When MM came on board he tried one or two of the fringe players and we went on that fantastic run that pulled us away from a relegation fight and nearly got us in the play offs. So going into this season you can understand the board wanting more of this where they must have encouraged MM to play more of the fringe players.

All the board are interested is doing is remaining in the Championship and reducing the wage bill. If this mark of £400 pw they are paying for these fringe players is true then it will be mission accomplished if we remain in this league. As for the style we play I don't think they will care.

Where has the £400 figure come from? Is it the same place £600 million incoming and £160 million debt came from?

£600 mill :lol: :lol: you don’t half exaggerate

It’s been explained ten times before the wages for our under 23’s are £400 a week and just look at my past posts :thumbright: :bluebird:
And this is a fact.

I’d be startled if they were earning £400 a week when promoted to the first team squad. Maybe when in the under 23s £400 is going rate but match bonus for championship can’t be that.

That’s close to what Tomlin ‘earns’ an hour based on seven day week.

Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:19 pm

Slade had a better squad.

Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:20 pm

About time players were offered self-employed contracts at hourly rate, and take out health insurance like the rest of us plebs.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:06 am

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:When MM came on board he tried one or two of the fringe players and we went on that fantastic run that pulled us away from a relegation fight and nearly got us in the play offs. So going into this season you can understand the board wanting more of this where they must have encouraged MM to play more of the fringe players.

All the board are interested is doing is remaining in the Championship and reducing the wage bill. If this mark of £400 pw they are paying for these fringe players is true then it will be mission accomplished if we remain in this league. As for the style we play I don't think they will care.

Where has the £400 figure come from? Is it the same place £600 million incoming and £160 million debt came from?

£600 mill :lol: :lol: you don’t half exaggerate

It’s been explained ten times before the wages for our under 23’s are £400 a week and just look at my past posts :thumbright: :bluebird:
And this is a fact.

I’d be startled if they were earning £400 a week when promoted to the first team squad. Maybe when in the under 23s £400 is going rate but match bonus for championship can’t be that.

That’s close to what Tomlin ‘earns’ an hour based on seven day week.

Neil, these wages are direct from two of our players .
They then get a bonus if they start or come on in the first team games.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:46 am

stickywicket wrote:Slade had a better squad.

Hadn't thought about it, but in fact yes, a FAR superior squad and more depth.

Sad that we have fallen this far.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:25 am

Barclay1 wrote:
stickywicket wrote:Slade had a better squad.

Hadn't thought about it, but in fact yes, a FAR superior squad and more depth.

Sad that we have fallen this far.

I second that, thats how Slade lasted so long :lol:

But on a serious note, the squad is getting weaker every season.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:35 am

Forever Blue wrote:Neil, these wages are direct from two of our players .

But previously you stated that the younger players 'were on £400 a week'

Now you mention that they receive appearance bonuses. So the £400 a week was not 'fact' it is a basic rate and in fact they can and are receiving substantially more.

So maccydee is perfectly correct when he questioned the £400 a week wage. I suppose the moral is you should make full disclosure before claiming something is a 'fact'. :D

Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:54 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Now you mention that they receive appearance bonuses. So the £400 a week was not 'fact' it is a basic rate and in fact they can and are receiving substantially more.

So maccydee is perfectly correct when he questioned the £400 a week wage. I suppose the moral is you should make full disclosure before claiming something is a 'fact'. :D

This

Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:01 am

Personally I’m happy if the club are saving money on wages.

Incentive based contracts are the way to go. Maybe Tomlin wouldn’t be sat on his arse it had an incentive based contract.

Of course the club would get stick it they were paying these players £6000 a week. Although has to br a sweet spot. Ledley was kept on a shite contract in comparison to others when we had turned down huge offers for him and we ended up losing him on a free because of it.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:05 am

Replies FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:09 am

maccydee wrote:

Incentive based contracts are the way to go. Maybe Tomlin wouldn’t be sat on his arse it had an incentive based contract.

Of course the club would get stick it they were paying these players £6000 a week. Although has to br a sweet spot. Ledley was kept on a shite contract in comparison to others when we had turned down huge offers for him and we ended up losing him on a free because of it.

We finally agree Neil, if the Committee who over see every contract and sign them All of had put the bonus clauses and incentives in Tomlins contract I believe he would of made more than 32 starts for Cardiff in over four and a half years. He is over paid and his track record with his previous six clubs is exactly like it is here.

Talented, but lazy , big headed and arrogant player.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:10 am

The problem with Tan has to sell us to someone who will invest is who?

Lack of investment in the playing squad isn’t a new thing. We have been used to it at Cardiff. Went years without spending money before Sam and then years before Tan when it all went tits up and we couldn’t afford a pot to piss in.

We are 18 months into a crazy pandemic. We are losing money hand over fist. We don’t want the debt to get much higher. We chose this course of action with reverting to blue.

We won’t go down.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:10 am

It's not hard to see is it?

Mick's football is outdated and we wont progress under him. End of.
We already knew this before he was appointed.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:11 am

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

We finally agree Neil, if the Committee who over see every contract and sign them All of had put the bonus clauses and incentives in Tomlins contract I believe he would of made more than 32 starts for Cardiff in over four and a half years. He is over paid and his track record with his previous six clubs is exactly like it is here.

Correct. But again as many have alluded to when he was firing us to the play offs majority wanted him to have a new deal.

But yeah he’s a bit of a knob.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:25 am

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Correct. But again as many have alluded to when he was firing us to the play offs majority wanted him to have a new deal.

Def a knob.

But he had an improved contract and his existing had not run out and his previous years with us were awful.

I do agree at the time everyone wanted to stay as he finally started playing, but not an improved one with massive wages.

As to the football, not only are we losing games , but it’s dire, awful to watch and many of these youngsters are not class like people at our club are making out.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:46 am

Remember when Pep came to the premier league, was there instant success? No. If you remember there were stupid mistakes after a stupid mistake, they came close because it was a good squad, but not good enough for how Pep wanted to play. He did what he needed that season and changed the squad with players he wanted over the summer. We can't do that.

Remember Trollope, they nasty board don't always pick dinosaurs, what happened, we hounded him out of town, why because the players were not capable of doing what he planned (and he was a coach and not a manager or first team coach)

We can't change. We do not have the players. The daftest thing we have done is give Mick two full seasons, i hope there is a break option in his contract for the summer.

Smithies - Warnock
NG - Committee
Morrison - Ole
Flint - Warnock
Nelson - Warnock
Brown - Warnock
Pack - Warnock
Vaulks - Warnock
Bacuna - Warnock
Ralls (Malky ;) )
Tomlin - Warnock
Vassell - Warnock
Moore - Committee (not sure, bit a no brainer though)
Harris - Academy
Collins - Mick

The squad has Warnocks DNA running throughout, it can't play any other way. Its Warnock without the pace. We did have a football man at the club, he was the manager at the time. I am glad Mick has no money......

Keep us in the league Mick. Board, please do not extend anyones contract and then get a new first-team coach in early next season and lets rebuild for a promotion push.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Def a knob.

But he had an improved contract and his existing had not run out and his previous years with us were awful.

I do agree at the time everyone wanted to stay as he finally started playing, but not an improved one with massive wages.

As to the football, not only are we losing games , but it’s dire, awful to watch and many of these youngsters are not class like people at our club are making out.

Wasn’t improved Annis. Same deal as before.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:09 pm

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Def a knob.

Neil,
Yes it was improved a fact .

Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:17 pm

Tony is right the board is not to blame for the dreadful performances of the last few games. I for one thought that we were unlucky to loose the Bristol game, But since then its been dreadful, and the combination of injuries and form have resulted in two of the worst 1-0 defeats are can remember. I would have prefer to go down battling loosing by a bigger score but having a go at the opposition rather than setting up just to contain them, if we are to play with youngsters then give them their head and encourage them to express themselves on the field, as someone said we have to be careful not to ruin them as prospects, so over to you MM, thats your challenge :old: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Def a knob.

Neil,

https://salarysport.com/football/player/lee-tomlin/

Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:49 pm

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Def a knob.

Neil,

You don’t honestly believe half of them :lol: :lol:

Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Def a knob.

Neil,

You don’t honestly believe half of them :lol: :lol:

As much credibility as anywhere else.

I mean it was said first team players were on £400 a week and we had brought in £600 million.

I don’t believe half the things I read.

However I have read numerous articles about his new contract and none of them mention a pay increase and I think they would. It was also stated he was on 20k a week many times before his extension and still states that.

Football manager game is normally a pretty good source and that says 20k a week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:54 pm

Warnock denied it, but it’s true.

What was worse when Tomlin went to Posh on loan, Cardiff paid all his wages.

We have been doing this regularly and paying other players wages when they’ve gone out on loan 50% & 60% madness.

We promised we would stop all this.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:59 pm

And that was then???

The football club are delighted to announce the loan signing until the end of the season of Lee Tomlin.

10th January 2019

Peterborough United are delighted to have reached an agreement with Cardiff City for Lee Tomlin to re-join the football club in a loan deal until the end of the season.

Cardiff City will be covering all of Tomlins £22,000 a week wages.

The 29-year-old made 156 appearances for Posh between August 2010 and February 2014, scoring 43 goals helping the club to promotion to the Sky Bet Championship before spells at Middlesbrough, Bournemouth, Bristol City and a loan spell at Nottingham Forest.

He joined Cardiff City for close to £3 million in January 2017 and has been linked with a number of clubs but the opportunity to re-join the club was too good to turn down.

“I want to thank everybody at Cardiff City for helping to make this transfer happen. I feel like a kid again, I have got a smile on my face and I cannot wait to get started. It feels like coming home. It is a club that I love and a club that I have wonderful memories of.

“It is not just a sentimental move for me though, I am here to help the club try and get promoted. We have wonderful facilities at the club now, it has come on a lot since I was here the first time so there has been a lot of investment and the players are quality players.

“It has taken a little while to get completed but that is all done now and I can concentrate on playing football. I am looking forward to the challenge. The supporters’ have been really positive on social media and I thank them for that. Now it is down to me to train well and hopefully play some regular first team football, which is what it is all about, playing with a smile on my face,” Tomlin said.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Warnock denied it, but it’s true.

What was worse when Tomlin went to Posh on loan, Cardiff paid all his wages.

We have been doing this regularly and paying other players wages when they’ve gone out on loan 50% & 60% madness.

We promised we would stop all this.

So when he went on loan to Peterborough he was on 28k a week and now he’s on 20k a week.

So he had a pay cut in new contract then.

Good business then in reality could have been worse.

In all seriousness though him being on 28k a week while on loan at Peterborough would probably be due to a promotion clause in his contract which would give him higher wages on promotion. Those wages would go down when we got relegated.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:I agreed with some of Jason's comments.
But I can't help thinking that with a fit Joe Ralls and Ryan Giles along with Lee Tomlin playing football for us for a change and back to his best, things could look a lot more rosy.
I think Mick has been unlucky with the loss of those three lately.
But we so badly need a midfield general who can thread that special pass opening up defences. Possibly an experienced premiership player willing to drop down a division.
Not easy to come by without splashing the cash in the transfer window.
Finally, I personally want to see Mick continuing to give the younger lads plenty of game time. Obviously they will make mistakes, but the current experience will benefit them in the future.

Every club gets injuries

Plus Micks own words we have plenty of strength in depth our squad :thumbright:

Just wanted to come back on these points.
I agree that all clubs have injuries and I don't agree with Mick's comments that we have plenty of strength and depth.
To have to rely on our younger lads when we have a few injuries does not suggest this at all.
Not that I wish to decry the inexperienced young lads.
But we were always likely to drop down from a healthy league position when we lost Ralls and Giles from the matchday squad along with the continuing absence of Lee Tomlin. Lets face it, we haven't too many other players to rely on to open up defences.