So tan watchs us on TV?.

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So tan watchs us on TV?.

Postby skiprat » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:38 pm

Surely if he watches the rubbish we serve up he can't be happy? .his best assets the young guns coming through will get ruined playing in our present team
skiprat

So tan watchs us on TV?.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: So tan watchs us on TV?.

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:49 pm

skiprat wrote:Surely if he watches the rubbish we serve up he can't be happy? .his best assets the young guns coming through will get ruined playing in our present team

Maybe he's seen it and is waiting until end season to act ? You would hope so as not best thing to do is replace him midway through season
pembroke allan

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:51 pm

As long as we don't go down to League One, he doesn't really care.

He didn't even intend for us to be promoted when Warnock was in charge, as someone wisely said on here a few days ago.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:20 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:As long as we don't go down to League One, he doesn't really care.

He didn't even intend for us to be promoted when Warnock was in charge, as someone wisely said on here a few days ago.

And you know this for certain because?
Sneggyblubird

Postby Sven » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:22 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:As long as we don't go down to League One, he doesn't really care.

Ned, I think/hope it was me who said that the other day when referring to the genius of Neil Warnock's almost 'accidental' promotion when his brief was just to keep us in the Championship with a squad that largely reflected that (lack of) ambition

I blame Mick McCarthy, as I would any other manager, for our 'style' of play but not for the squad he has been provided with and whilst not being one to 'bash' the owner at any given time, I modernly believe that he (the owner) is leaving us to paddle in the midstream of the Championship

What remains a mystery is why? Lack of funds after Covid, lack of interest or simple lack of knowledge?

I'd be looking at the first reason myself and partially grateful that we haven't been enveloped as some clubs have. Being honest, I think under previous regimes, we would be in deep trouble right now. We saw how close we came not too many years ago and the situation (out there) now is far far worse

At this point, we need to suck it up and be just a tad grateful the current owner for his continued financial support in the areas that matter, i.e. keeping this club afloat during the current pandemic; something I am aware even Sam has praised him for... ;) :clap:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:40 pm

Sven wrote:

Ned, I think/hope it was me who said that the other say when referring to the genius of Neil Warnock's almost 'accidental' promotion when his brief was just to keep us in the Championship with a squad that largely reflected that (lack of) ambition

I blame Mick McCarthy, as I would any other manager, for our 'style' of play but not for the squad he has been provided with and whilst not being one to 'bash' the owner at any given time, I modernly believe that he (the owner) is leaving us to paddle in the midstream of the Championship

What remains a mystery is why? Lack of funds after Covid, lack of interest or simple lack of knowledge?

I'd be looking at the first reason myself and partially grateful that we haven't been enveloped as some clubs have. Being honest, I think under previous regimes, we would be in deep trouble right now. We saw how close we came not too many years ago and the situation (out there) now is far far worse

At this point, we need to suck it up and be just a tad grateful the current owner for his continued financial support in the areas that matter, i.e. keeping this club afloat during the current pandemic; something I am aware even Sam has praised him for... ;) :clap:

What's going to be interesting is end season? 8 players ot contract do we get rid of 5 or 6 of them and if so what kind player does mick bring in if in fact hes still here to bring anyone in? The world could be city's oyster when it comes to players available with current financial situation likely to still mean lots of good freebies available .... or are we going to waste a good opportunity again to get players to change our style of play by bringing in players suitable for micks style play instead.....
pembroke allan

Postby Barclay1 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:05 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:

Ned, I think/hope it was me who said that the other say when referring to the genius of Neil Warnock's almost 'accidental' promotion when his brief was just to keep us in the Championship with a squad that largely reflected that (lack of) ambition

What's going to be interesting is end season? 8 players ot contract do we get rid of 5 or 6 of them and if so what kind player does mick bring in if in fact hes still here to bring anyone in? The world could be city's oyster when it comes to players available with current financial situation likely to still mean lots of good freebies available .... or are we going to waste a good opportunity again to get players to change our style of play by bringing in players suitable for micks style play instead.....

I think it's by no means obvious that even if we let 5 or 6... or 8 players go, that we will bring any in. Tan can force the new manager to play even younger kids for even less money.

Somewhat sarcastic I know, but it was the approach this season.

Of the so called '5' we brought in this year, one was told to go, one we loaned out, one is out ill/injured and two are not regular starters. As such, until Giles comes back, we have not increased ojr level of skill or experience or roster one jot.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby RV Casual » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:14 pm

Don't be silly mate.

Thats exactly what he hoped for, and he's hoping for the same thing, but sadly going to be dissapointed with Mccarthy

Tan like anybody else wants us to be playing at the highest level possible. I honestly believe Dalman has told Tan that Mccarthy is a Warwick Mk2 but he just isn't and doesn't have the contacts or the general togetherness to be anywhere near.

Mccarthy is ok, but he's not going to pull up any trees.

I can't be having that they didn't intend for us to go up under Warwick though, I don't think Neil would take any job where he didn't think he could take the club on or up
RV Casual

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:46 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:

I think it's by no means obvious that even if we let 5 or 6... or 8 players go, that we will bring any in. Tan can force the new manager to play even younger kids for even less money.

Somewhat sarcastic I know, but it was the approach this season.

Of the so called '5' we brought in this year, one was told to go, one we loaned out, one is out ill/injured and two are not regular starters. As such, until Giles comes back, we have not increased ojr level of skill or experience or roster one jot.

Agree about skill levels as for the 5 mentioned MM is doing what warnock did? but if anyone thinks that if we let 5/6 go end season which we will and we will then
replace them with academy kids must be very optimistic in us being relegated because that's what will happen.... do you think tan is that stupid to gamble that much on such a plan? To get relegated would be financial disaster for him and the club .... and something i cant imagine even he wont contemplate despite his so called lack of footballing knowledge he certainly as buisness and financial brain.
pembroke allan

Postby Barclay1 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:10 pm

Tan certainly isnt stupid which is what is the most confusing thing.

I've said before Tan has a warped vision of our West Wales neighbours, who successfully brought in Foreign talent. He tried it (HE) and, as he is not a football person, it failed.

The jacks also successfully brought through young talent and sold on at massive profits. Tan also attempted this, but our academy is vastly lacking.

I simply think Tan thinks we're currently unlucky and things will change and our kids will suddenly become good.
Barclay1

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:16 am

Barclay1 wrote:Tan certainly isnt stupid which is what is the most confusing thing.

I've said before Tan has a warped vision of our West Wales neighbours, who successfully brought in Foreign talent. He tried it (HE) and, as he is not a football person, it failed.

The jacks also successfully brought through young talent and sold on at massive profits. Tan also attempted this, but our academy is vastly lacking.

I simply think Tan thinks we're currently unlucky and things will change and our kids will suddenly become good.

It's time for tan to try harder to sell club as he seems to be in a dilemma as to his club goes forward? Whilst he's failed in certain things like u illustrated hes succeeded in promotion twice! .....but poor management in bringing in decent players by the two managers involved meant didnt get close to capitalising on it..... not sure what he'll do now we've got a resemblance if success with couple youngsters like colwill Harris ect certainly wont do what swans did as market as crashed for players value.... needs to sack mick end season bring in Flynn or similar and take chance on changing style of play radically over next couple seasons to bring on the academy players that are here
pembroke allan

Postby john52 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:05 am

Must start by getting rid of Dalmatian and company
john52

Postby john52 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:06 am

Sounds good but meant Dalman and company
john52

Postby Barclay1 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:50 am

john52 wrote:Must start by getting rid of Dalmatian and company

:lol: keep the Dalmation! Give it a chance ... can't do worse than Dalman!
Barclay1

Return to General Chat