Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Cardiff are reportedly open to loaning out “

Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:43 am

Cardiff are reportedly open to loaning out striker Mark Harris in January.

Monday 20th September 2021

According to reports, Cardiff are willing to let the Wales international secure a loan spell away in order to gain valuable first-team experience.

Harris was previously linked with temporary moves to League One duo Rotherham United and Fleetwood Town in the summer, but a deal failed to materialise.

McCarthy is keen on loaning Harris to a league one or two club to get more games under his belt.

The near 23 year-old has gone on to feature in six of Cardiff's opening eight games of the season, although he's yet to score or complete a full 90 minutes for the Bluebirds.

McCarthy has also been told to reduce squad before he can add any news players in January.

Harris has made 24 first team appearances, mainly as a substitute for Cardiff City in over four years scoring 3 goals.

Harris came through the Cardiff Accademy but all the previous managers decided to let him go out on loan several times.

McCarthy was told to play all the younger ones and has played Harris six times.

Cardiff gave Harris a new contract keeping him at the Bluebirds till June 2023.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Cardiff are reportedly open to loaning out “

Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:53 am

Good Idea, he's not going to be a 15-20 goal a season guy with us

works hard but no end product

Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:56 am

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Good Idea, he's not going to be a 15-20 goal a season guy with us

I have been told that they want to loan him to a lower league club where he will hopefully do well and City might then get a fee for him.
Harris is not a Championship striker, he would of made it by now.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:00 am

I agree at 23 he should be settled at a club now

But he's not the only player we have who are not championship standard :lol: :lol:

Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:18 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Mr Moo Cow wrote:Good Idea, he's not going to be a 15-20 goal a season guy with us

I have been told that they want to loan him to a lower league club where he will hopefully do well and City might then get a fee for him.

That makes sense to me.

23 years old and being loaned out tells me he does not have much of a chance here making it.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:37 am

Mr Moo Cow wrote:I agree at 23 he should be settled at a club now

But he's not the only player we have who are not championship standard :lol: :lol:

:lol:

I agree but they are cheap and many are league 1 & 2 standard, but Mick says he is happy.

The good news is we won’t go down :thumbright:

Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:37 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

That makes sense to me.

23 years old and being loaned out tells me he does not have much of a chance here making it.

Ian, totally agree.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:15 am

Sums us up at the moment our 2nd choice striker only considered good enough for a loan move to a lower division club

Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:50 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Sums us up at the moment our 2nd choice striker only considered good enough for a loan move to a lower division club

If you look at his record it is remarkably consistent. He has scored exactly 1 goal in every 8 games he has played for every club he has been with including us in the championship and Wrexham in the national league. I am open to the argument that a player can improve paticularly a young player but the fact of the matter is he is no striker and in trying to use him as one we are indulging in an excercise of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Th problem is we thought we had got a decent goal poacher in Collins but he hasn't even managed I goal in his 8 games. We either need to play to Harris's strengths which appear to be more as an attacking midfielder than as a striker or get him out on loan. He is never going to be a decent striker at this level or for Wales and his scoring record proves it.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:53 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

That makes sense to me.

Ian, totally agree.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:54 am

Agree with all posts. He’s a trier but he’s not champ standard. Key question is… will we get a replacement?

Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:51 pm

I really feel bad for the Harris as he spends most of the time running around off scraps. Even though they play in a different position, I would rather we got rid of Bacuna, Pack, Vaulks, who offer nothing to the team.

Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:49 am

The question that will come up now is who will replace him if he does go out on loan?

Whether we think he is good enough or not - Harris has either been starting or on the bench for pretty much all of our games so far. If he goes then we will be left with a space in an already thinning squad.

Would this mean Zimba or Ligzenda (spelling) given a chance? If so we may as well keep Harris