Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Are Cardiff City too predictable? '

Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:09 am

' Are Cardiff City too predictable? '

Bournemouth's Scott Parker's predecessor referred to Cardiff as the 'land of giants', and their reputation was once again referenced by the Cherries boss, who clearly felt that nullifying City's physicality was central to beating them, same with Coventry City boss Mark Robins, he said stop their players towering over and their set pieces, we knew exactly what to expect from Cardiff.

In hindsight he was probably right.

“It’s a hugely important result," he said.

“I thought today we looked superb to be honest with you, coming to a very difficult place where defensively the game they bring to you is something difficult, a very big side physically. Back-to-front with corners, they can cause you massive problems.

“I asked the players to stand up to that challenge and be brave in terms of our defensive line being high, being aggressive, second balk game, understand that dynamic.

“While then also wanting us to improve more on Tuesday night with the ball, having more control with the ball, I thought we did that again, I was very, very pleased, I thought for the large part we nullified them.

“Of course they come with pressure, long-throws into the box from nearly our halfway line. But I thought our boys were brave, so all in all very pleasing.”

Interestingly Mark Robins seemingly echoed those comments, after watching his Coventry City side ease past the Bluebirds on Wednesday, stating “You know what is coming from Cardiff".

To expect a rough and tumble test against this Cardiff side isn't all that profound an observation.

But there's a real feeling now that Cardiff might well need to bring something else to the table over the coming weeks.

Four defeats now for Cardiff in their last five games, and the only win against bottom club Forest, not good enough and fans are not happy with the dire football.

Tuesday Aug 24 Cardiff 0 Brighton 2 :cry: League Cup Rd 2 Crowd 6,013 Away Support ( 492)

Sat Aug 28 Cardiff City 1 Bristol City 2 :cry: :cry: Crowd 20,891 Away Support ( 2,440)

Sunday Sep 12 Nottingham Forest 1 Cardiff City 2 Crowd 24,153 Away Support ( 1,668) :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Sep 15 Coventry City 1 Cardiff City 0 :cry: :cry: Crowd Away Support ( 1,277)

Sat Sep 18 Cardiff City 0 A.F.C. Bournemouth 1 :cry: :cry: Crowd 19,090 Away Support (1,452)

Sat Sep 25 Blackburn Rovers A

Tue Sep 28 West Bromwich Albion H

Sat Oct 2 Reading H

- Swansea City v Cardiff City – 12pm, Sunday 17th October (Sky Sports) £30,000 for Cardiff City :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Are Cardiff City too predictable? '

Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:06 am

YESY YES YES and no plan B

Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:19 pm

Yep

Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:03 am

Out, out everything, played, out fought, out managed, but... To keep them to only 1 goal was the positive. I think that is the best we will face this season.

Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:29 am

While Giles is unavailable we have very little creativity, so yes we are which helps our opponents. More of a concern for me is that this "style" is not going to help build up a fanbase.