Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: VERY BAD NEWS:’HEAD OF CARDIFF CITY ACADEMY LEAVES '

Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:44 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:It was only a few months back people were saying how badly run our Youth Academy was.

If I am honest, I've not been overly excited by any of the younger players yet, bar Colwil after he came on against Forest. Harris is okay, Bagan looks like he could become a good player but is probably not quite there yet, Bowen also not done too much. I don't want to sound negative though, it's great to see so many academy players in the squad, even if it probably has been forced as a result of the pandemic.

I don't personally know how good he was as a coach though, so can't really comment on that, but it is funny how quick things can change.

I still believe we only have about two excellent players, two more than the previous 10 yrs.

But this impresses me as these are even younger and way better in my opinion

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=223846 :bluebird:

Re: VERY BAD NEWS:’HEAD OF CARDIFF CITY ACADEMY LEAVES '

Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:55 pm

Bluebina wrote:
stickywicket wrote:former Bluebirds defender David Hughes was appointed Academy Head of Coaching in November 2020.
Things do seem to have moved on since Hughes and Morrison joined the club

True for the better :thumbup:

Hughes is a top coach.

Good luck to McCarthy, but there is an opportunity there for someone else.

With the bullying issues over the past few years hanging over the previous regime at the academy he maybe thinks it’s time for a challenge away from all of that.