Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Alan Tate leaves Swansea City to join ‘

Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:43 pm

Alan Tate leaves Swansea City to join Steve Cooper at Nottingham Forest just days after landing new role

The Swansea City favourite has left the club just days after being given a new job

By Ian Mitchelmore

Tuesday 21st September 2021

Alan Tate has left Swansea City to re-unite himself with Steve Cooper at Nottingham Forest.

Cooper has been out of work since leaving the Swans in July but is set to be appointed as Chris Hughton's successor at Forest on Tuesday.

He is expected to add Swansea's former head of performance analysis Steve Rands to his coaching staff at The City Ground.

And Tate will also make the move to Nottingham having left his post as part of the backroom team at Swansea.

It comes just four days after Swansea officially announced that Tate had taken up a new role at the club.

On September 17, the club confirmed Tate was no longer a first team coach.

The former defender - who earned two promotions as a player with the Swans - was set to oversee the club's out-on-loan players.

He was also tasked with playing a part in scouting players for the club.

However, he will now join Cooper's backroom team as Nottingham Forest bid to turn their fortunes around under new management having lost six of their first seven Championship matches this season under the previous regime.

Forest agreed a compensation fee with the Swans to take Cooper to Nottingham after the 41-year-old left his role in south Wales with a year left to run on his contract.

Re: ‘ Alan Tate leaves Swansea City to join ‘

Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:15 pm

Swansea til I die my @rse.
Jumped ship the first chance he had. Scummy scab.

Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:31 pm

Tate the scum .now Tate the scab.

Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:32 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Swansea til I die my @rse.

From a Scummy Scab to a Proper Scab, mate; and they deserve each other...! :(

One big question though; if the likes of 'Beaker' are leaving the Dying Swans, what does that say about their current situation...? ;)

Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:41 pm

Poor old plug the new Manager had him counting the daisies, a matter of time allegedly!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:28 pm

Sven wrote:

From a Scummy Scab to a Proper Scab, mate; and they deserve each other...! :(

One big question though; if the likes of 'Beaker' are leaving the Dying Swans, what does that say about their current situation...? ;)

tatebeaker.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:45 pm

At 3-0 doen half time on Sat some of their fans weee pushing for him to become manager

Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:04 pm

Lawnmower wrote:At 3-0 doen half time on Sat some of their fans weee pushing for him to become manager

That must have put the fear of the guy above into the playing squad, if their improved second half performance was anything to go by... :lol:

Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:42 am

Sven wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:At 3-0 doen half time on Sat some of their fans weee pushing for him to become manager

That must have put the fear of the guy above into the playing squad, if their improved second half performance was anything to go by... :lol:

Haha. Yes, sort it out or Beaker will be here next week. :lol: