Cardiff City Mehmet Chairman Dalman

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:37 am

Cardiff City Chairman Mehmet Dalman

By Glen Williams

Wednesday 22nd September 2021

Mehmet Dalman this summer stated “We are desperate for some quality in the team.”

No fewer than 13 players have departed since McCarthy entered the building, if we include the returns of Harry Wilson and Sheyi Ojo and the curious Marley Watkins exit.

Mick McCarthy has worked this summer on less than a shoestring and it’s now showing with so much lack of quality in the side.

Ciaron Brown, unfortunately, is just not the answer, plus many others as they are all still learning.

With Williams and Wintle both having left, the former being released and the latter having been loaned out to Blackpool.

McCarthy has stated recently that he won’t even be signing free agents.

It might mean that Cardiff don't have enough quality or experience to challenge at the very top, then again they might surprise us and squirm their way into the top six somehow.
Attachments
66B54B8E-F274-499D-B5E6-23694A50BD95.jpeg
66B54B8E-F274-499D-B5E6-23694A50BD95.jpeg (45.22 KiB) Viewed 11352 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Cardiff City Mehmet Chairman Dalman

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:02 am

Reply FB:
Attachments
F8D3056B-FC2B-463A-9105-50C610A635BD.jpeg
F8D3056B-FC2B-463A-9105-50C610A635BD.jpeg (373.53 KiB) Viewed 10981 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Clusterman » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:40 am

I think those two players were McGuinness & Wintle weren't they?
Clusterman

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:36 am

Reply Twitter:
Attachments
B75FD169-885F-453A-855D-D419F975D71E.jpeg
B75FD169-885F-453A-855D-D419F975D71E.jpeg (274.21 KiB) Viewed 10231 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:49 pm

Replies FB:
Attachments
1A27071C-DBCA-48AA-9276-E636B4E6169A.jpeg
1A27071C-DBCA-48AA-9276-E636B4E6169A.jpeg (324.94 KiB) Viewed 9819 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:24 pm

Replies FB:
Attachments
24FF5FD6-52FF-4916-9287-7806B39A8214.jpeg
24FF5FD6-52FF-4916-9287-7806B39A8214.jpeg (340.6 KiB) Viewed 9661 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby john52 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:49 pm

That is where Swansea even with al, their problems think ahead more by having a Director of Football who has been involved in football
john52

Postby JJ1927 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:33 am

john52 wrote:That is where Swansea even with al, their problems think ahead more by having a Director of Football who has been involved in football

That's is exactly what our problem is. None of the three Mehmet, Tan and Choo have probably ever kicked a ball let alone know anything about the game.
JJ1927

Postby bluebird58 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:38 pm

Change the owner . Change the board. Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, Oldham, Bury, Bolton, Coventry, Luton, Macclesfield. Bet their supporters wish they had owners like ours (although some of those have eventually recovered) Be careful what you wish for. The constant slagging off is getting boring now.
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:52 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
john52 wrote:That is where Swansea even with al, their problems think ahead more by having a Director of Football who has been involved in football

That's is exactly what our problem is. None of the three Mehmet, Tan and Choo have probably ever kicked a ball let alone know anything about the game.

Remind me of the football pedigree Abramovic had when he took over Chelsea Or Levy at Spurs and don't try telling me they listen to some football men,they are very much their own man types.Same as those people who bought Man City,they just got money to burn compared to Vincent Tan. Football men have ruined more clubs over the years than owners often squandering the owners money.
Sneggyblubird

Postby valleyrambill » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:00 pm

Been saying this for years since Tann got rid of Malky for being popular as he was doijng a good job and would have fought hard as would have players and stayed up.

But no we got oli in and we have paid the price of that for years then Warnock came in and brought us some time as a club but again no we lose against Swansea and Bristol and that its it no money when in the prem and we sack you.

You cant get much better than Warnock to run a club in the championship and he changed our club but what happens no support from the owners we spend 22 million Fulham spent 100 million and we both got relegated plus we got a striker in January that sadly got killed in a plane who knows what would have happened if he lived and Warnock got the support he deserved.

If you look at both times we been in the premiership Tann and his useless team have let us down they are the problem and will always will be while they are here no manager is at fault they work with what they got and to be honest no manager will get our club where we want to be unless Tann and his team Feck off
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:30 pm

..... has no interest in our club, adds no value to our club and takes a wage that would be better being paid to a player.
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby fred keenor » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:22 am

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:..... has no interest in our club, adds no value to our club and takes a wage that would be better being paid to a player.

:thumbup:
fred keenor

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:33 am

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:..... has no interest in our club, adds no value to our club and takes a wage that would be better being paid to a player.

100%

And don’t forget he was in his way to Charlton not long ago.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluebird7291 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:14 am

Just a reply to the 3 above. Dalman isn't in a paid role apparently. And has openly talked about Charlton (watch Andy Campbell podcast). Wasn't true.
bluebird7291

Postby fred keenor » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:26 pm

There used to be a time when the Chairman and CEO would be moved on for the results as well as the manager

It needs to happen

For me it cant come soon enough.

A football man trusted and respected is needed at the top.
fred keenor

Postby SamCCFC1927 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

100%

Annis when are these muppets that are on our board going to leave they’ve been the problem for years the fact we’ve had no football brain on the board as cost us badly :( tan just want puppets that listen to him he’s got to face facts he signed the transfers off and wasted money I’m thinking if we had someone with a bit of football knowledge could have said right that players not for us but no we keep wasting more and more money
We're Cardiff City We'll Always Be Blue
SamCCFC1927

Postby SamCCFC1927 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

100%

Annis when are these muppets that are on our board going to leave they’ve been the problem for years the fact we’ve had no football brain on the board as cost us badly :( tan just want puppets that listen to him he’s got to face facts he signed the transfers off and wasted money I’m thinking if we had someone with a bit of football knowledge could have said right that players not for us but no we keep wasting more and more money
We're Cardiff City We'll Always Be Blue
SamCCFC1927

Postby darran1927 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:20 pm

Dalman says what we want to hear but what he says doesn't reflect his actions
darran1927

Postby maccydee » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:08 am

JJ1927 wrote:

But all of us on here who also haven’t kicked a ball, do?
maccydee

Postby JJ1927 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:37 am

maccydee wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

Speak for yourself mate. Most of us on this forum have played at some level.
JJ1927

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:32 am

SamCCFC1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

100%

In other words you want someone with a crystal ball :roll:

Surely Neil Warnock would qualify as someone with 'football knowledge' yet he thought it a good idea to sign Madine, Tomlin, Issacs, Murphy at a total waste of £20m.

We don't need a 'football man' with knowledge on the board, what we need is a decent scouting system.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:48 am

bluebird58 wrote:Change the owner . Change the board. Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, Oldham, Bury, Bolton, Coventry, Luton, Macclesfield. Bet their supporters wish they had owners like ours (although some of those have eventually recovered) Be careful what you wish for. The constant slagging off is getting boring now.

Totally agree.

Vincent Tan and the board have for years provided this club with a stable financial position. Unfortunately we have had a succession of managers who have made poor decisions with regard to players they have signed and even Neil Warnock and Malky McKay fall into that category.

VT has repeatedly backed managers and that policy got us promoted twice. He is hasn't let us down its the Managers and players who have done that.

We now operate in different times S&P/FFP has changed the landscape. We don't have the option to throw money at the playing squad anymore. Anyone who thinks we can then I point to Derby and Sheffield W as examples of clubs who tried and failed to do that in recent years.

We can't strengthen the squad at the moment due to financial restrictions imposed by S&P/FFP and the EFL will jump all over us if we breach the loss limit of £13m per season maximum.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby maccydee » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:10 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

Speak for yourself mate. Most of us on this forum have played at some level.

What level?

How do you know they haven’t played at that level?

Plus, kicking a ball doesn’t guarantee anything. Wide and diverse range of ex player pundits out there. Some haven’t got a scooby.
maccydee

Postby Blue78 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:16 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:Change the owner . Change the board. Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, Oldham, Bury, Bolton, Coventry, Luton, Macclesfield. Bet their supporters wish they had owners like ours (although some of those have eventually recovered) Be careful what you wish for. The constant slagging off is getting boring now.

Totally agree.

Vincent Tan and the board have for years provided this club with a stable financial position. Unfortunately we have had a succession of managers who have made poor decisions with regard to players they have signed and even Neil Warnock and Malky McKay fall into that category.

VT has repeatedly backed managers and that policy got us promoted twice. He is hasn't let us down its the Managers and players who have done that.

We now operate in different times S&P/FFP has changed the landscape. We don't have the option to throw money at the playing squad anymore. Anyone who thinks we can then I point to Derby and Sheffield W as examples of clubs who tried and failed to do that in recent years.

We can't strengthen the squad at the moment due to financial restrictions imposed by S&P/FFP and the EFL will jump all over us if we breach the loss limit of £13m per season maximum.

Post of the week, year, decade and century!! :clap:
Blue78

Postby maccydee » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:27 pm

Totally agree.

Great post Tony.

Even better than my flow charts one.
maccydee

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:05 pm

maccydee wrote:

Totally agree.

Great post Tony.

Even better than my flow charts one.

I think the position of owner and of chief executive come with a slightly wider brief than just existing.

The wanton waste of good time funds on transfer fees and wages has been a shambles. Not one, but two parachute payments. No lessons learnt whatsoever from the first premier league relegation. None.

And Dalman has been in post for how long?

And that's not yet mentioning the red. Dalman was here for that. His stomach churning lap of honour the day we returned to blue was vile.
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby fred keenor » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:13 pm

So it appears qpr this evening had a guest from malaysia king Al Sultan Abdullah of Malaysia .

So no travel restrictions on our owner or jahil visiting us to see this shite
fred keenor

Postby maccydee » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:07 am

fred keenor wrote:So it appears qpr this evening had a guest from malaysia king Al Sultan Abdullah of Malaysia .

Has it been said Tan isn’t visiting due to Covid restrictions?

Surely he has other priorities.

He probably believes his club is in safe hands. For the majority of his stewardship it has been even when he has been ‘quiet.’

Off the pitch it still is. On the pitch is clearly struggling.
maccydee

Postby Sven » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:03 am

maccydee wrote:
fred keenor wrote:So it appears qpr this evening had a guest from malaysia king Al Sultan Abdullah of Malaysia .

Has it been said Tan isn’t visiting due to Covid restrictions?

Surely he has other priorities.

He probably believes his club is in safe hands. For the majority of his stewardship it has been even when he has been ‘quiet.’

Off the pitch it still is. On the pitch is clearly struggling.

It has been said that he has not 'avoided' coming to Cardiff but that he has been concentrating on his business interests, which include a massive fall in stock price because of Covid and his intention to 'hand over' the day-to-day running of the Berjaya Group to others

Whether he attends the CS or not is of little interest to me; more so, I would like to hear a 'statement of intent' to clarify the situation at the club and also his intent for the medium to long term

I'm sure most would want to know:

Is this a 'reset' season?

Is he 'happy with the way things are?

Are we 'for sale' in a meaningful way?

If not, what are his intentions for driving us forward (or not)?

In the meantime, whilst I am as confused as anyone else at what is going on currently, we should be (at least a little bit) grateful that Vincent Tan is covering the monthly losses to keep us afloat and (seemingly) away from the clutches of the FFP monster that is haunting other clubs
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Next

Return to General Chat