Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Cardiff City Mehmet Chairman Dalman

Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:12 am

Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:
fred keenor wrote:So it appears qpr this evening had a guest from malaysia king Al Sultan Abdullah of Malaysia .

So no travel restrictions on our owner or jahil visiting us to see this shite

Has it been said Tan isn’t visiting due to Covid restrictions?

Surely he has other priorities.

He probably believes his club is in safe hands. For the majority of his stewardship it has been even when he has been ‘quiet.’

Off the pitch it still is. On the pitch is clearly struggling.

It has been said that he has not 'avoided' coming to Cardiff but that he has been concentrating on his business interests, which include a massive fall in stock price because of Covid and his intention to 'hand over' the day-to-day running of the Berjaya Group to others

Whether he attends the CS or not is of little interest to me; more so, I would like to hear a 'statement of intent' to clarify the situation at the club and also his intent for the medium to long term

I'm sure most would want to know:

Is this a 'reset' season?

Is he 'happy with the way things are?

Are we 'for sale' in a meaningful way?

If not, what are his intentions for driving us forward (or not)?

In the meantime, whilst I am as confused as anyone else at what is going on currently, we should be (at least a little bit) grateful that Vincent Tan is covering the monthly losses to keep us afloat and (seemingly) away from the clutches of the FFP monster that is haunting other clubs

Can’t argue with any of that.

Very well put.

Let’s be quite honest. Under any other owner than Tan (based on their tenure at the time rather than current wealth) we would be in a world of shit probably facing points deduction and worse,

Haven’t Derby been told they won’t just have administration they are likely to be liquidated. That was us before Tan.

Before anyone points out the debt under Tan it’s based on yearly losses not overall debt and under Tan the debt is kept close and isn’t to every man and his dog or more importantly to HMRC.