Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We DO seem to be building

Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:19 am

The U23 team seem to be unbeaten so far this season and during the summer we seemed to have signed a number of players to bolster their squad.

Now there is this rumour of the ex Spurs lad as well.

The first team may be a bit unbalanced and not getting results that the fans are expecting of them but it does seem as though the club are taking the U23's seriously.

That's what we all wanted - players developed and promoted from within.

Yes I am disappointed with how things have started with the 1st team like the rest of us, but I think we've got to accept this transition season and look forward to the changes over the next few years :bluescarf:

Re: We DO seem to be building

Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:35 am

Only real problem I have with it is are we doing it too quick?

I would like to see 3 possible 4 U23, fringe players, become established this season then followed by another 3 or 4 fringers.

Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:38 am

Personally, I dont think we are going to advance under mick. He is only going to play one way which doesn't suit the youngsters coming through. The u23s play nice passing football and are then expected to play hoofball when the ball is up in the air more than it is on the ground. And then the fans slate them at the earliest opportunity for not hitting the ground running.

If we are going to advance on the pitch by relying on youngsters, we need a manager who is going to play to their strengths.

Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:32 pm

Morrison, for me and the sooner the better.

Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:23 pm

Escott1927 wrote:Personally, I dont think we are going to advance under mick. He is only going to play one way which doesn't suit the youngsters coming through. The u23s play nice passing football and are then expected to play hoofball when the ball is up in the air more than it is on the ground. And then the fans slate them at the earliest opportunity for not hitting the ground running.

If we are going to advance on the pitch by relying on youngsters, we need a manager who is going to play to their strengths.

Spot on mate. Whatever progress they're making will get coached out of them by Mick and his fellow dinos if they make it through to the senior set up. I actually feel bad for these young ones coming into this team and playing the way we do it's doing them no good.