Sky Sports Will Vaulks:

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sky Sports Will Vaulks:

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:09 am

Will Vaulks':

Will Vaulks has taken the Sky Sports EFL podcast 's Ten to Tackle and given us a quick peak behind the curtain at Cardiff City.

The midfielder named his cleverest team-mate, revealed his initiation song and what he thinks makes Cardiff so special.

He also spoke about how a chance meeting with Alan Shearer, his boyhood idol, left an indelible mark on him and why Cardiff fans are so special.

Here is his Q&A...

What do your team-mates call you?

"Nothing exciting. It's either Will or Vaulksy - some of them say it 'Vowlksy', which isn't really how you say my name!

"But I don't have any crazy nicknames."

How should it be pronounced?

"Like walks!"

Cleverest team-mate?

"We've got quite a bright dressing room, actually. I would say between Curtis Nelson and Marlon Pack, for different reasons.

"Nels investigates everything. He likes to know the ins and outs of why things happen. Marlon has just got very good general knowledge."

Who's not the brightest?

"We've definitely got a few of them as well!

"I'm going to have to go a loan player, Ryan Giles. I'm not sure he has actually got a brain in his head.

"If he wasn't good at football then I don't know what he'd do.

"He's rapid on the pitch but extremely slow in his head."

Highlight of your career so far?

"Probably promotion at Wembley with Rotherham.

"Just to have that experience, not many players get the experience to play at Wembley, let alone win there.

"So that's probably the highlight.

"And my debut for Wales, that was a special, special day."

Best player you've played with?

"It's pretty obvious I guess. Without doubt Gareth Bale.

"He is definitely in the top five of my generation."

Which team do you support?

"As a kid I supported Newcastle, because my dad is from there.

"Since I started playing professionally I wouldn't even look at Newcastle's score.

"I'd say now I support my ex-teams. Falkirk, I've followed them since I left there because I loved the club when I was there. I check their results every week.

"I like to see how they are getting on, the club means a lot to me. They're not doing so well at the minute but hopefully they can get back up the leagues."

Earliest football memory?

"I remember the first time my mum and dad let me play for a local team.

"My brother was playing for them and they had an age-group lower.

"Another one was going to watch Newcastle play at their training ground and Alan Shearer just rubbed the top of my head when we were getting signatures done.

"I'll never forget that because he was my idol. I was only young and I have got a picture of it with my nan in the Newcastle kit.

"I've always kept that in my mind - I'm no Alan Shearer, lets be honest! - for when kids come up and ask us to sign stuff. It's important, it did mean a lot to me at the time."

Pre-match routines?

"I've always avoided pre-match routines and superstitions.

"When I was just breaking through at 18, 19 a pro I played with had this weird routine of tapping the benches, going in the toilet and do something there, come out and tap the top of the door frame.

"If he didn't do it he felt like he was going to have a really bad game. So I made a conscious effort to never have any routine or superstition.

"Just in case that one time you don't have your lucky socks or you can't do what you want to do then it doesn't affect you."

Initiation song at Cardiff?

"I sang Keep on Movin' by Five.

"It was actually in front of 100 people in Texas! It was pre-season and they welcomed all the supporters from the other games, so there was a bit of pressure on it.

"Actually it was in Albuquerque (New Mexico)."

What makes Cardiff City special?

"As cliched as it is, it really is the fans.

"I had a taste for it when I played for Wales, because a lot of the Wales fans are Cardiff fans and I've missed them for a good proportion of my time here at the club.

"The away following is unbelievable.

"Also as players, fans can sometimes try and catch you out. Catch you in a restaurant, take a photo of you or stitch you up a bit.

"With Cardiff it's the complete opposite of that. They just want to have a quick chat, say hello and probably try and buy you a pint! I always accept, unless I'm training the next day and then I'd probably be too scared to!"
Attachments
4D28DBF0-8670-4578-A5C9-B7F94DBBE658.jpeg
4D28DBF0-8670-4578-A5C9-B7F94DBBE658.jpeg (125.69 KiB) Viewed 4016 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Sky Sports Will Vaulks:

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Sky Sports Will Vaulks:

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:53 am

Forever Blue wrote:Will Vaulks':

Will Vaulks has taken the Sky Sports EFL podcast 's Ten to Tackle and given us a quick peak behind the curtain at Cardiff City.

The midfielder named his cleverest team-mate, revealed his initiation song and what he thinks makes Cardiff so special.

He also spoke about how a chance meeting with Alan Shearer, his boyhood idol, left an indelible mark on him and why Cardiff fans are so special.

Annis, my nephew won electricians apprentice of the year through screw fix, won 10k and 10k of tools, uk winner out of 21 finalists!!anyway he is now up on posters in bus stops in the city, as the poster boy of the college he attended!
He sent me a photo the other day,of him and will Vaulks in the city centre, I couldn't resist saying, oh! He must have recognised you from the posters, and wanted his pic with you :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:

Here is his Q&A...

What do your team-mates call you?

"Nothing exciting. It's either Will or Vaulksy - some of them say it 'Vowlksy', which isn't really how you say my name!

"But I don't have any crazy nicknames."

How should it be pronounced?

"Like walks!"

Cleverest team-mate?

"We've got quite a bright dressing room, actually. I would say between Curtis Nelson and Marlon Pack, for different reasons.

"Nels investigates everything. He likes to know the ins and outs of why things happen. Marlon has just got very good general knowledge."

Who's not the brightest?

"We've definitely got a few of them as well!

"I'm going to have to go a loan player, Ryan Giles. I'm not sure he has actually got a brain in his head.

"If he wasn't good at football then I don't know what he'd do.

"He's rapid on the pitch but extremely slow in his head."

Highlight of your career so far?

"Probably promotion at Wembley with Rotherham.

"Just to have that experience, not many players get the experience to play at Wembley, let alone win there.

"So that's probably the highlight.

"And my debut for Wales, that was a special, special day."

Best player you've played with?

"It's pretty obvious I guess. Without doubt Gareth Bale.

"He is definitely in the top five of my generation."

Which team do you support?

"As a kid I supported Newcastle, because my dad is from there.

"Since I started playing professionally I wouldn't even look at Newcastle's score.

"I'd say now I support my ex-teams. Falkirk, I've followed them since I left there because I loved the club when I was there. I check their results every week.

"I like to see how they are getting on, the club means a lot to me. They're not doing so well at the minute but hopefully they can get back up the leagues."

Earliest football memory?

"I remember the first time my mum and dad let me play for a local team.

"My brother was playing for them and they had an age-group lower.

"Another one was going to watch Newcastle play at their training ground and Alan Shearer just rubbed the top of my head when we were getting signatures done.

"I'll never forget that because he was my idol. I was only young and I have got a picture of it with my nan in the Newcastle kit.

"I've always kept that in my mind - I'm no Alan Shearer, lets be honest! - for when kids come up and ask us to sign stuff. It's important, it did mean a lot to me at the time."

Pre-match routines?

"I've always avoided pre-match routines and superstitions.

"When I was just breaking through at 18, 19 a pro I played with had this weird routine of tapping the benches, going in the toilet and do something there, come out and tap the top of the door frame.

"If he didn't do it he felt like he was going to have a really bad game. So I made a conscious effort to never have any routine or superstition.

"Just in case that one time you don't have your lucky socks or you can't do what you want to do then it doesn't affect you."

Initiation song at Cardiff?

"I sang Keep on Movin' by Five.

"It was actually in front of 100 people in Texas! It was pre-season and they welcomed all the supporters from the other games, so there was a bit of pressure on it.

"Actually it was in Albuquerque (New Mexico)."

What makes Cardiff City special?

"As cliched as it is, it really is the fans.

"I had a taste for it when I played for Wales, because a lot of the Wales fans are Cardiff fans and I've missed them for a good proportion of my time here at the club.

"The away following is unbelievable.

"Also as players, fans can sometimes try and catch you out. Catch you in a restaurant, take a photo of you or stitch you up a bit.

"With Cardiff it's the complete opposite of that. They just want to have a quick chat, say hello and probably try and buy you a pint! I always accept, unless I'm training the next day and then I'd probably be too scared to!"
bluesince62

Return to General Chat