Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kadeem Harris completes move

Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:13 am

Kadeem Harris completes Ukraine switch

Kadeem Harris could be the first Englishman to play in Ukrainian football after completing a shock move to Metalist Kharkiv.

The former Cardiff City winger left Sheffield Wednesday after his contract ended in the summer and has decided to move to eastern Europe in a surprise switch.

And, after his unveiling, he has spoken about the prospect of being an Englishman about to ply his trade in Ukraine.

"Yesterday we talked about it and I learned that I could become the first Englishman in the history of Ukrainian football," he told the club's website.

"This imposes a double responsibility on me, so I look forward to my debut even more, to take a step forward with the club and write history.

"I have a great family - a wife, two small children. My wife and I want to look around the city. We have already been to Gorky Park, I made a video there for my wife, this place made an excellent impression on my family.

"Now I feel very comfortable here and I hope that it will be the same for my family. It is necessary to find a school for children, perhaps they will not immediately live in Kharkov on a permanent basis.

"But, as soon as I get comfortable here, both my wife and children will immediately come here."

Re: Kadeem Harris completes move

Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:07 am

Good luck to him hope it all works out well :occasion5:

Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:09 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Good luck to him hope it all works out well :occasion5:

good luck indeed, especially being of colour!! Widespread racism still out there!( in football terms)

Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:23 pm

Scored on his debut

Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:52 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Scored on his debut

So far so good then, but a poor performance or two, and you watch the racist tone change towards him! I mean fair play to the boy for even having the balls, to take it on there!!