Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Seven of the last 10 league meetings between Blackburn Rove

Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:32 am

Seven of the last 10 league meetings between Blackburn Rovers and Cardiff City have ended as draws, including both matches last season.

The last five league meetings between Blackburn and Cardiff at Ewood Park have ended as a draw, with the last two ending goalless.

Blackburn have won five of their last seven home league matches (D1 L1), as many victories as in their previous 19 games at Ewood Park beforehand.

Cardiff are yet to score a single Championship goal in the opening 45 minutes this season, with the earliest of their 11 goals coming in the 52nd minute. Indeed, their first eight league goals this season were all headers, which is still currently double that of any other side so far.

Mick McCarthy has lost eight of his last 10 away league games against Blackburn Rovers (W1 D1), with his only win coming in August 2011 in the Premier League with Wolves.

Re: Seven of the last 10 league meetings between Blackburn R

Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:44 am

I can only remember us winning at Ewood Park once, 4-1 in 2012/13. Has there been another I have forgotten?

Re: Seven of the last 10 league meetings between Blackburn R

Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:14 pm

mjw6150 wrote:I can only remember us winning at Ewood Park once, 4-1 in 2012/13. Has there been another I have forgotten?

By the same score around 1978-79? Ronnie Moore was one of our scorers I think, along with John Buchanan and Paul Giles (David’s brother). :old: