Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Alcohol inside stadiums latest.

Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:00 pm

Tracy crouch mp is expected to recommend that drinking alcohol be permitted by fans in their seats.. a pilot scheme for div 2 and national league premier will be recommended in near future....the alcohol will be served in recycled plastic bottles to avoid excited fans losing their beer jumping up down like in fan zones.. :thumbup:

Re: Alcohol inside stadiums latest.

Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:21 pm

I like a drink but this could make football like the rugby when you spend most of the game having your view disrupted with people traipsing back and forth to the bar/bog.

Trouble is, unlike rugby, football doesn’t have natural breaks of scrums, etc.

No problem with people taking a pint to their seat at the start of the game and/or halftime, but keep the bars shut whilst game is on.

Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:12 pm

piledriver64 wrote:I like a drink but this could make football like the rugby when you spend most of the game having your view disrupted with people traipsing back and forth to the bar/bog.

No problem with people taking a pint to their seat at the start of the game and/or halftime, but keep the bars shut whilst game is on.

They say its an outdated rule that doesnt apply to any other event held at ccs and other football arenas
The idea is to maximise revenue for clubs and to stop fans congregating at bars at halftime .... see point about walking back and forth during game but it will make sure people have time to get refreshments at half time as less people at kiosks... not to sure be a problem like rugby because as you say less natural breaks in game so people unlikely to leave seat? Anyway only a pilot so these things will come up and have chance to decide if its bad idea....

Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:29 pm

piledriver64 wrote:I like a drink but this could make football like the rugby when you spend most of the game having your view disrupted with people traipsing back and forth to the bar/bog.

^^^THIS^^^^ :ayatollah:

People movement is bad enough now; and the thought of a fan zone style drenching from some of our less than thoughtful attendees is not one I'd look forward to... :(

Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:49 pm

Perfect way of doing it. Close the bars at 5 mins after kickoff and reopen them at 40mins and allow people to carry drinks into the stand. People can survive 35minutes without a pint, even watching CCFC :laughing6:

Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:16 am

I can’t be arsed with wannabes lobbing their pints across my head.

It was fun as a one off in Euro 2016 as history was being made, but won’t be as fun when we’re in 14th place playing 19th place Blackpool.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:11 am

Spot on

Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:35 pm

Mot sure be that much of a problem as how many fans will have more than one drink before halftime? Easier to stay in concourse areas and watch on tv?

Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:35 pm

Watching my team gives me the 'high' I need.
I don't need it supplemented by alcohol during the matches.
But then, I'm sure many do!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:33 pm

MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:Watching my team gives me the 'high' I need.

Think people more likely to take beer to seat at start of game and go just before halftime to miss crush bit like now.... all this is subject to it being adopted by the relevant authorities :o

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:35 pm

MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:Watching my team gives me the 'high' I need.

And this may change as the season progresses..

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:54 pm

The way this season is going, I might need to have whiskey on a drip during our games.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:29 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:The way this season is going, I might need to have whiskey on a drip during our games.

I have my pint before game it helps numb the experience of what we are about to watch? :laughing6:

Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:30 am

So we’ll be allowed to drink crap beer watching crap football

Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:12 pm

Need hallucegenic drugs to watch this shite :banghead: