Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Has Mick McCarthy reached his Bluebird end point?

You may select 1 option

View results

POLL: MICK OUT?

Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:47 pm

Pathetic

And woeful football ad usual

Re: Mick Out

Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:49 pm

nobby wrote:Pathetic

And woeful football ad usual

Was ok until goal cannot legislate for pathetic defending.. cant even blame midfield as ball went over the top of them

Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:53 pm

100% MICK OUT

We are not going to improve or go forward under mick. The football is atrocious.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:54 pm

Lost 5 out of 6 now ffs :roll:

Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:55 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:100% MICK OUT

We are not going to improve or go forward under mick. The football is atrocious.

Totally agree

Mark Robbins could do a job

Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:55 pm

It should never have been Mick IN, once again our inept board have gone for a quick fix and it is crippling us. How we have ended up with 1 winger in the whole squad (on loan) is just criminal. Mick needs to be put out to pasture he is an utter cretin.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:56 pm

His dinosaur tactics and inability to change it up are destroying any chance of a good season. We need to get in a young manager and just leave him build a young team and change our whole way of playing. Don’t ask me who as I’ve not thought about it, but we’re going nowhere with Mick unfortunately. 5 losses out of 6 assuming we don’t make a miraculous comeback, and then WBA midweek could be embarrassing.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:56 pm

Its our state at the moment, what is a new manager going to do with the same players?? Cant ask for more money when there simply is no more money in the club so we are stuck where we are until the new season. The only way to get money is to sell Moore and we cant do that otherwise we will drop in the table even further.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:57 pm

nobby wrote:

Totally agree

Mark Robbins could do a job

Can’t see him leaving Coventry with them sitting 3rd in the league. Although I’d happily take him if he would leave.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:57 pm

Be 6/7 after Tuesday has to go this week Harris went for similar and that took the board too long

Get rid of him now before it’s too late

I’d take the kitman over mick

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:03 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:

Its our state at the moment, what is a new manager going to do with the same players?? Cant ask for more money when there simply is no more money in the club so we are stuck where we are until the new season. The only way to get money is to sell Moore and we cant do that otherwise we will drop in the table even further.

I doubt a new manager will make any difference with this squad.

The reality is hitting in but we just don't have the standard of players we have had over the last few seasons. We are bringing in the fringe players because the focus of the club it to reduce costs. It's a risky game and it looks like we could pay for it. As a number of us have said its going to be a long long season. My fear is the season now already feels long.

So who's in MM gets the boot

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:03 pm

Tough job with no money this gig im afraid

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:05 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:Be 6/7 after Tuesday has to go this week Harris went for similar and that took the board too long

Either way we will still be in the same situation. No good manager would come if there is no money to spend so either Mick or potentially a league 1 manager. :(

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:07 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:

Play a different formation, play different players, play different tactics, etc. We’re not talking about some Sunday league players having a laugh once a week, our team is made up of athletes who are in the top 0.1% of footballers in this country. They’re training for hours every day and a competent manager and coaching regime can easily change our style of play.

Re: So who's in MM gets the boot

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:09 pm

We better off with Mick
no one from the Championship would come since there is no money
Only a league 1 manager would come and result in relegation potentially
so no easy fix unless Tan has somehow found something in Malaysia.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:10 pm

Canton Kev wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:

Play a different formation, play different players, play different tactics, etc. We’re not talking about some Sunday league players having a laugh once a week, our team is made up of athletes who are in the top 0.1% of footballers in this country. They’re training for hours every day and a competent manager and coaching regime can easily change our style of play.

Well said Kev! You are exactly right, anything is better than this anti football stuff we play at the minute.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:12 pm

I think we'll end up with a like for like manager if Mick was given the boot. I don't think I'd trust the board to go for someone with a different style, would be someone with same crappy tactics.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:13 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:We better off with Mick

Why does money matter? At least 75% of the championship clubs have got no money. We just need a manager who is capable of playing a different type of football. And at least be able to see when things aren’t working and change it up. Mick is too stuck in his ways to change anything. We’re 3-0 down at half time and he doesn’t even change our shape or make any substitutions, I’m sorry but that’s just not acceptable.

Sorry just noticed he did make substitutions. Yet we’re no 4-0 down.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:13 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:
Canton Kev wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:

Well said Kev! You are exactly right, anything is better than this anti football stuff we play at the minute.

We are playing to the managers style of play? Change manager the style play will change given time thats way football works ..... sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt but cannot carry on with this style football with the players we have

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:18 pm

You would never think they train most days. Even basic things are a struggle at moment.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:19 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:
smakerzthebluebird wrote:Be 6/7 after Tuesday has to go this week Harris went for similar and that took the board too long

Either way we will still be in the same situation. No good manager would come if there is no money to spend so either Mick or potentially a league 1 manager. :(

There’s enough quality in this team to not concede 4 goals and win some football matches just need a manager that isn’t a dinosaur

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:23 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:We better off with Mick

Why does money matter? At least 75% of the championship clubs have got no money. We just need a manager who is capable of playing a different type of football. And at least be able to see when things aren’t working and change it up. Mick is too stuck in his ways to change anything. We’re 3-0 down at half time and he doesn’t even change our shape or make any substitutions, I’m sorry but that’s just not acceptable.

Sorry just noticed he did make substitutions. Yet we’re no 4-0 down.

True
a new way of playing is needed but any new manager would want some money to add to the team regardless.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:24 pm

Exactly who do we get if he is sacked?
I think under MM we will get enough points to stay up and that is the priority now.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:28 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:

There’s enough quality in this team to not concede 4 goals and win some football matches just need a manager that isn’t a dinosaur

We tried this with Neil Harris look what happened to him.
Went for a younger manager but similar tactics and nearly got us relegated.
Maybe someone like David Wagner would come but then again why move away from his current club.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:30 pm

It won’t change until we have a new board/owner who will inject cash so we can buy players unfortunately

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:31 pm

Just write the season off so a new manager can coach a new style of play. Im sure we will be patient.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:33 pm

Well Steve Morrison the U23's is doing well and his style of football is better, and the young players coming through would be playing the same football in the first team then
I know it's different in the championship but surely the difference in style of football would improve the results

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:04 pm

avondaleblue wrote:Well Steve Morrison the U23's is doing well and his style of football is better, and the young players coming through would be playing the same football in the first team then
I know it's different in the championship but surely the difference in style of football would improve the results

Worth a shout in the short-term; say until Xmas :thumbup:

Or has anyone considered this Bluebird leg end...? ;) :laughing6:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: POLL: MICK OUT?

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:08 pm

I've said no, but not because I think he's the man for the job.

But because if we replaced him, it would be for someone who is a carbon copy of him.

So it would be totally pointless.

Re: POLL: MICK OUT?

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:13 pm

The players are not buying into it, so to get any sort of performance out of them he has to go. That maybe unprofessional on their part but we are in freefall and heading to the lower reaches of the league at an alarming pace and seemingly with no plant to stop it. I would get someone in now and try and consolidate before the window in January. Even if we have to deal in free agents and loans at least we may be a more aattractive option than we currently are...