Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Has Mick McCarthy reached his Bluebird end point?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: Mick Out

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:14 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:100% MICK OUT

We are not going to improve or go forward under mick. The football is atrocious.

Its our state at the moment, what is a new manager going to do with the same players?? Cant ask for more money when there simply is no more money in the club so we are stuck where we are until the new season. The only way to get money is to sell Moore and we cant do that otherwise we will drop in the table even further.

One idea could be to play Bacuna as the defensive midfield player his clearly is. That's one thing a different manager could try.

As for dropping in the table where do you think we will be after WBA, Reading, Swansea and Fulham :?

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:14 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:
nobby wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:100% MICK OUT

We are not going to improve or go forward under mick. The football is atrocious.

Totally agree

Mark Robbins could do a job

Can’t see him leaving Coventry with them sitting 3rd in the league. Although I’d happily take him if he would leave.

But what would he do with the players at his disposal here??

Re: POLL: MICK OUT?

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:18 pm

He has no plan B we lost 4 out of 5 games coming into this same formation again and that’s his fault as he got rid of all our wingers absolute madness

Even if he switches 4-4-2 now it needs to be a diamond in midfield really as we only have Giles on the wing

Appalling management

Harris went for a similar run last year the bloke has to go maybe someone coming in can galvanise and keep us up as I can’t see where the next win is coming from right now

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:19 pm

1 winger in the whole sqaud giles and probably only got him till jan should tell everone that micks not an a a attack minded manager he even left murphy go out on loan and was happy with it and the sqaud .

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:31 pm

Unfortunately this pandemic have crippled our club.
Businesses been hit for Tan
Tan focus is on his businesses in Malaysia
Board cant ask Tan for more money
Board says to the manager there is no more money
Manager uses youngsters and the players who stayed for years
Results are up and down and fans want more
McCarthy hands are tied and cant do anything other than what he knows
And lastly fans dont like his playing style which cant change under Mick unless he gets sacked

And a new manager would walk into this

So here are the problems at our club
there is no more money
even if you want change the results wont improve until the new manager gets to know the players well
which could take until December time and we could be around 17th by then heading into January
which we wont do anything in unless we sell players like Moore but by then problems would have mounted
and we could be heading out the league if we sell players.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:32 pm

Not yet. But he's appearing too stubborn. 5 at the back and 2 holding midfielders and we still concede 5!! Ffs. Too defensive. Just invites teams at us.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:38 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I've said no, but not because I think he's the man for the job.

But because if we replaced him, it would be for someone who is a carbon copy of him.

So it would be totally pointless.

I can’t think of many other managers who play as bad a brand of football as Mick. This is about the football being played and on that he has to go. It doesn’t matter if you think the board will give money to the new manager or if he’s a yes man. We need a manager who is able to get this team playing some type of football that is not one dimensional. Yes it will be a transition to change the way we play, but we’ve definitely got enough player who can actually play football and play a much better brand.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:44 pm

Yes to go but lets look at our heirarchy as well.
Absent every game. When was the last time we heard from them?

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:46 pm

Please go Mick.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:49 pm

fred keenor wrote:Yes to go but lets look at our heirarchy as well.
Absent every game. When was the last time we heard from them?

Spot on MM is going to get the sack at sometime so why not just get on with it. As for the people who run the club the silence is deafening.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:50 pm

Mid table squad performing like a ....mid table team...if not lower .
Odd win, draw , lose more ....playing the worst football in years .
MM is 10 years out of date but ....no money etc etc leaves no options .

Can’t think of an established manager who would come in so would probably be someone young and ambitious like a Mike Flynn..

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:51 pm

Not sure

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:55 pm

ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE. OUR FRONT 3 HAVE NO PACE AND OUR FULL BACKS ARE NOT COMFORTABLE GETTING FORWARD.

CENTRE BACKS,GK AND 2 CM ARE ADEQUATE FOR TOP 6 . BUT THE REST...

Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:07 pm

He has to go doesn't he.

Even if the board restricted bringing in new players, he is still woeful.

Yesterday he told the press conference that McGuiness was unlucky not to be in the defense because the back three have been "excellent".

We can all see they aren't and that anY player with pace cuts through them like a hot knife through butter.

I don't buy that another manager couldn't do any better. Even with a depleted and unbalanced squad they could.... Start McGuiness, Sang, Giles, Harris & Bowen.. for a start.

Maybe we need to pick up a few free transfers too.

But doing nothing isn't an option.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:16 pm

We should have stuck with Harris who was trying to change our style! He was the only Manager to get Tomlin playing and we got to the playoffs! Unfortunately with Moore and Morrison our injured we had a bad run and he was gone.
Dalman and Choo must be replaced by a proper Director of Football and he should then choose the new Manager.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:22 pm

AfricanBluebird wrote:He has to go doesn't he.

Even if the board restricted bringing in new players, he is still woeful.

Yesterday he told the press conference that McGuiness was unlucky not to be in the defense because the back three have been "excellent".

We can all see they aren't and that anY player with pace cuts through them like a hot knife through butter.

I don't buy that another manager couldn't do any better. Even with a depleted and unbalanced squad they could.... Start McGuiness, Sang, Giles, Harris & Bowen.. for a start.

Maybe we need to pick up a few free transfers too.

But doing nothing isn't an option.

This is totally right.

It’s crazy to suggest another manager can’t do better. MM is setting up in a way that doesn’t work, continues to pick Bacuna, ignores players who could give us something different and has no interest in playing anyway that isn’t set piece based.

We don’t need to play like Man City. We don’t need defenders to play like creative midfielders.

But we can expect our defenders to defend and give the ball 5 yds to a midfielder to move it forward. We can expect players to press, to move, to find space and to pass to feet. We can expect us to have a plan B that doesn’t involve longs throws, corners and free kicks floated it. We can expect midfielders to move ahead of the striker or players to overlap.

Those choices are the tactics of the manager and I refuse to believe that professional players can’t pass, move or run. It’s a complete waste of the kids coming through…and will have an impact on their value.

Mick should never have got the job in the first place, he shouldn’t have been given a extension before the end of the season (as the club originally said) and it is now coming home to roost.

The easy answer is to give the job to Morrison, but the club have to find someone who has experience of being able to develop players and get the best out of them.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:26 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I've said no, but not because I think he's the man for the job.

But because if we replaced him, it would be for someone who is a carbon copy of him.

And me Ned end of the day who's going to come in knowing they have the same bunch of players and zero money with no backing plus more to go out at the end of the season as out of contract big earners on the way out for free. It will only be cheaper options or youngsters coming in really. End of the day we are stuck in the mud untill this squad gets rid of the deadwood or big earners the way I see it or get another yes man in and try change the style of play with what we got but for now I'll back him. Although I'm expecting nothing better than bottom half to mid table before a ball was kicked tbh with what we got and what's going on at the club :bluescarf:

Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:08 pm

I'd go along with most comments on here.

We don't expect to start playing like Barcelona but the players we have, with a different formation & selection, are better than recent performances.

We haven't scored a first half goal in the league so far this season. Let that sink in.

We have the lowest successful pass rate, lowest dribbles and the least mobile team in the league statistically.

In his post match interview Mick was devoid of any ideas, unapologetic & showed no sign he would change anything... In fact he said that he did change things today... what??? Maybe playing Bagan a little further up and Bacuna a bit deeper... If that's the extent to which he is changing things then gawd help us.

Most of our problems come from lack of movement, lack of pace, inability to hold onto the ball and poor communication.

When we had some pace in the side a hoof from the defenders would at least result in some pacey players chasing the ball or Moore holding it up... We have lost all of that ability and options so now the ball just comes straight back.

It truly is woeful stuff
Last edited by AfricanBluebird on Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:09 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:

And me Ned end of the day who's going to come in knowing they have the same bunch of players and zero money with no backing plus more to go out at the end of the season as out of contract big earners on the way out for free. It will only be cheaper options or youngsters coming in really. End of the day we are stuck in the mud untill this squad gets rid of the deadwood or big earners the way I see it or get another yes man in and try change the style of play with what we got but for now I'll back him. Although I'm expecting nothing better than bottom half to mid table before a ball was kicked tbh with what we got and what's going on at the club :bluescarf:

if got rid of mick are there actually anymore dinosaurs like him to come to city because think we've used them all past 8yrs or so.... as for getting someone to come here mmmm doing club a disservice it is a very good job for someone to have despite what people say about the setup and owner.... come end season the other dinosaurs like Morrison ect will be gone that is
a very good pull for a manager as clean canvas....but only if get rid mick otherwise all be given 1yr contracts you'd suspect...

Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:42 pm

I never wanted mick here in the first place for precisely the football we are seeing. However, after a decent finish to the season last season I reluctantly accepted that we would be a no thrills but hard to beat team under him. But that isn't the case now. We arnt hard to beat and the football is even more dire than I expected.

We play with 5 at the back with 2 holding midfielders (and even a defensive midfielder as a forward) yet we still leak sloppy goals. His plan A isn't working and he has no plan B. He's reluctant to change a losing side or to even change tactics. We are relying on youth with a manager who will not play to their strengths. We are going backwards under mick and this board. Definitely time for the manager to go but we are stuck with the board.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:56 pm

Who would have brought in either Neil Harris or Mick? Certainly not me.

So a definite out from me.

Vincent Tan should be looking at who was responsible for selecting them!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:40 pm

I think he should go, but then who comes in? In truth I don’t trust the board to select a decent manager.

They got it right with Warnock, but that’s about it.

If the ambition is to be competing for promotion and playing better football then there needs to be a change of approach and I think the only way that comes is if Tan sells and we get in new owners with a new approach and backroom set up.

Until that point we’ll do nothing other than tread water and the problem with that is there’ll come a point when we’ll fail to do it and we’ll end up in League 1

Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:46 pm

No pint , as he is the Committee puppet

Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:02 pm

Problem is not just the manager, yes he’s the one who has to accept responsibility but ultimately the players, board and owner need to look at themselves too

Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:02 pm

Make no mistake, the main objective of this season now is to stay up.
If we do stay up, hopefully throughout the season some of the youngsters will have developed into Championship standard players. A few have made promising starts but none are there yet.
If we do stay up, hopefully either he will see it for himself, or somebody will tell him, "Mr Tan, there is no future in the archaic football that's been delivered by Slade, Warnock, Harris and McCarthy, we have to change"
If we do stay up, hopefully Mr Tan will have seen the light and consider reinvesting in more technical players who feel comfortable in procession of the ball.
McCarthy is not the answer to our problems, but sacking him isn't either. Things might have to get worse before they get better. A few more defeats and hopefully Mr Tan will get his wallet out in January to keep us up.
I'm no big fan of MM, but given a little bit of help in the next window, he gives us a better chance of staying up than the next predictable choice of Dalman and Choo.
We're in the s***. We might have to hold our noses and stick with MM?

Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:10 pm

He should never ever in a million years been given a contract before the season ended.

That though is the clubs major problem. There is nobody whatsoever in the hierarchy who knows anything about football. They may be successful in their own businesses but and wouldn’t allow a lay person to have any input in their businesses but Tan is happy to let Dalman and Choo make such crucial decisions on 100% related matters such as who manages the football team.

It’s a lamentable position and we’re now witnessing the perfect storm of amateurs getting involved in football decisions, a host of overpaid incompetent footballers and a dinosaur manager.

I don’t suppose we’ll get relegated but we’ll have to suffer stuffings by properly run football clubs.

And it was so obvious, so foreseeable and so easily avoidable.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:17 pm

Danny Says wrote:He should never ever in a million years been given a contract before the season ended.

That though is the clubs major problem. There is nobody whatsoever in the hierarchy who knows anything about football. They may be successful in their own businesses but and wouldn’t allow a lay person to have any input in their businesses but Tan is happy to let Dalman and Choo make such crucial decisions on 100% related matters such as who manages the football team.

It’s a lamentable position and we’re now witnessing the perfect storm of amateurs getting involved in football decisions, a host of overpaid incompetent footballers and a dinosaur manager.

I don’t suppose we’ll get relegated but we’ll have to suffer stuffings by properly run football clubs.

And it was so obvious, so foreseeable and so easily avoidable.

That last sentence in particular is so true

Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:48 pm

avondaleblue wrote:Well Steve Morrison the U23's is doing well and his style of football is better, and the young players coming through would be playing the same football in the first team then
I know it's different in the championship but surely the difference in style of football would improve the results

Steve morrison until end of season and then review his progress. He knows youngsters better too

Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:59 pm

boyo1927 wrote:
avondaleblue wrote:Well Steve Morrison the U23's is doing well and his style of football is better, and the young players coming through would be playing the same football in the first team then
I know it's different in the championship but surely the difference in style of football would improve the results

Steve morrison until end of season and then review his progress. He knows youngsters better too

Not sure Morison would know what to do with those 3 central defenders and the midfield we’ve got :roll:

Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:33 am

It's not good......I LL bet Wolves are glad they didn't buy our Keifer.
Bring back Slade I say :twisted: