Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Has Mick McCarthy reached his Bluebird end point?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: POLL: MICK OUT?

Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:09 am

Honestly, some of the worst football I've ever seen us play. And Ive been watching since 1999.

But at the same time, I just don't think anyone else who is available would do any better. The team is absolutely terrible. No speed, no skill, no technique, we just rely on hooting the ball 10 ft in the air, and then we're able to compete.

The club has had its budgets completely slashed, and it shows. I voted unsure.

Re: Mick Out

Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:50 am

Canton Kev wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:100% MICK OUT

We are not going to improve or go forward under mick. The football is atrocious.

Its our state at the moment, what is a new manager going to do with the same players?? Cant ask for more money when there simply is no more money in the club so we are stuck where we are until the new season. The only way to get money is to sell Moore and we cant do that otherwise we will drop in the table even further.

Play a different formation, play different players, play different tactics, etc. We’re not talking about some Sunday league players having a laugh once a week, our team is made up of athletes who are in the top 0.1% of footballers in this country. They’re training for hours every day and a competent manager and coaching regime can easily change our style of play.

There's the problem we don't appear to have a competent manager. Time for a change but who would want to come?

Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:06 pm

BC-CB wrote:
Canton Kev wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:

We are not going to improve or go forward under mick. The football is atrocious.

Its our state at the moment, what is a new manager going to do with the same players?? Cant ask for more money when there simply is no more money in the club so we are stuck where we are until the new season. The only way to get money is to sell Moore and we cant do that otherwise we will drop in the table even further.

Play a different formation, play different players, play different tactics, etc. We’re not talking about some Sunday league players having a laugh once a week, our team is made up of athletes who are in the top 0.1% of footballers in this country. They’re training for hours every day and a competent manager and coaching regime can easily change our style of play.

There's the problem we don't appear to have a competent manager. Time for a change but who would want to come?

Mick McCarthy's CV will show he is (at least) a 'competent' manager, so maybe the question should be more one of whether he has lost either or both of (a) the dressing rom, and/or (b) lost ground on 'modern' football?

I think the latter is more a case of intransigence than lack of knowledge, so for me, it's the former

But having said that, would anyone else get a better tune out of this squad?

I note someone about state Lee Tomlin's apparent opinion on the manager...

I couldn't give a flyer on Lee Tomlin's opinions right now; the guy hasn't earned the right to criticise anyone at the CCS and (not a moot point) he hardly 'played' for any of his previous managers either, did he?

Will be talked about for years to come; sadly for (effectively) stealing a living and all the other bad reasons and it appears the guy really doesn't give a flyer either :(

Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:21 pm

Sven wrote:
BC-CB wrote:
Canton Kev wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:

Mick McCarthy's CV will show he is (at least) a 'competent' manager, so maybe the question should be more one of whether he has lost either or both of (a) the dressing rom, and/or (b) lost ground on 'modern' football?

I think the latter is more a case of intransigence than lack of knowledge, so for me, it's the former

But having said that, would anyone else get a better tune out of this squad?

I note someone about state Lee Tomlin's apparent opinion on the manager...

I couldn't give a flyer on Lee Tomlin's opinions right now; the guy hasn't earned the right to criticise anyone at the CCS and (not a moot point) he hardly 'played' for any of his previous managers either, did he?

Will be talked about for years to come; sadly for (effectively) stealing a living and all the other bad reasons and it appears the guy really doesn't give a flyer either :(

Micks been left behind in footballing terms as playing one way wont work long term against the type of managers in football today who analyse every opponents weaknesses as we saw yesterday.... as for the question of who would come here? There are quite a lot who would leave their present club to take over city we are a big draw for most if not all managers in efl despite the current regime running club? When it comes to size we are one of the bigger clubs in efl no matter what some will say about club... ask any pundit and they will say we are . :old:

Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:27 pm

Get the hoof ball man out out out

Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:07 pm

Why get rid, he will be replaced with no better

Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:32 pm

Replies FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:41 pm

The club have handed him nothing in terms of players, he took over from Harris raised our performance immediately and then was not backed with decent signings .

Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:27 am

New Day Rising wrote:The club have handed him nothing in terms of players, he took over from Harris raised our performance immediately and then was not backed with decent signings .

I agree, but when you start seeing threads like this you know it's just a matter of time, unless he gets a positive reaction from the players, they either stick a shift in and back him, of they carry on defending like parks players and get him the sack!!!!!

Morrison, Flint, Nelson and co it's over to you??????

Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:50 am

Mick is only the tip of the iceberg.

The problem is insitutional.

The people who currently run our club at the top have no idea what they're doing when it comes to football.

Would you trust Dalman, Choo, Tan and that crew to recruit a new manager? Afterall, they hired Mick.

We need new people running the club as well as a new Manager.

Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:21 am

I didn’t want him from the start I think we need a young and upcoming manager who wants to play football but we need to give him the time to change the way we play not everyone screaming to get him out after a couple months . We need to him a couple of seasons to get it right

Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:07 pm

Should have resigned or be sacked after that performance and comments.
Our club is a basket case run by amateurs.

Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:40 pm

todder76 wrote:I didn’t want him from the start I think we need a young and upcoming manager who wants to play football but we need to give him the time to change the way we play not everyone screaming to get him out after a couple months . We need to him a couple of seasons to get it right

And you'd be absolutely right but the entitled know alls wouldn't give him a chance.You gotta remember Dave Jonses' side played some of the best football in the last twenty years but the crowd got on his back because he wouldn't blow kisses to a certain section.My view is the problem with the side has been there since the Warnock days and hasn't been adressed.Aproper changing of the guard is required and that means senior players as well as the manager.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:58 am

At the moment its a No from me.
BUT I think he has to turn things around. Not sure how? I am worried.
MM has some excuse for our midfield in that Pack Vaulks and Bacuna were Warnock purchases. However, even Neil Warnock appreciated that you also need players with PACE (ie usually wingers). We lost NML, sold Whyte then loaned out Murphy. Sorry I cant for the life of me see why when you have the best centre forward in the league you decide to lose all pace and creativity, and instead try several youngsters atthe same time. Just doesnt make basic common sense!?!
B.t.w. (Unlike everyone else on here) Tonight I would try a midfield combination without Marlon Pack. :bluebird:

Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:35 pm

Jurassic style football totally outdated.
Currently we have no midfield no width and zero service to Keiffer and he is looking a very frustrated.
Its frustrating just to watch the oppostion play a one two or run at our midfield or defense and we just disintergrate. This is down to tactices or lack of.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:24 pm

Can I change my not sure to Mick Out