Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Losing faith in mick

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:04 pm

That 1st half is the worst I've seen in years, defence is a shambles and no threat at all going forward.

Re: Lossing faith in mick

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:05 pm

wez1927 wrote:That 1st half is the worst I've seen in years, defence is a shambles and no threat at all going forward.

Is it MM or is it that we don't have the quality in the squad?

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:15 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:That 1st half is the worst I've seen in years, defence is a shambles and no threat at all going forward.

I think its the way he's playing 3 at the back tbh also bucuna what does he do ffs

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:30 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

At this stage in Micks career, it’s probably both, plus the board who signed the players. It doesn’t seem a happy club really.

Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:00 am

wez1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

I think its the way he's playing 3 at the back tbh also bucuna what does he do ffs

Wez part of the problem with the formation is that our full backs are not wing backs and offer 0 attacking threat. Square pegs round holes.

Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:47 am

The defence has no confidence in the attack and vice versa.

I mean, we struggle to create anything anyway, especially as Moore is out of form, Collins couldn't hit a barn door, Harris hasn't scored this season, our set pieces aren't working, Giles wasn't on the pitch in the first half to put crosses in and we haven't scored a goal in a first half game in the league this season!

But many of us have been saying all season that we don't have enough flair, creativity, passing ability and width.... people would slag me off saying that 'route 1 is effective' and we must 'play to our strengths'... we all know route 1 CAN be effective in certain circumstances and against certain teams BUT when it is ONLY tactic you have it will never ever get you promoted or sustain a premier league place.

We now have attacking players who are slower than the central defenders they are chasing the ball for! Madness.

And the youngsters being brought on are great players but apart from Evans none of them provide the pace and guile we need. Colwill is an exceptionally talented player with great technique, but he hasn't got the pace and width we are desperate for.

When Warnock got us promoted yes we hoofed the ball, but we had great pace in NML and Junior and others who could get on the end of long balls and create moments of real quality when we needed it. How many times did we play really poorly but Junior picked up the ball, cut inside and fired in a magical shot... plenty! We also had Gunnarsson who was a level above any midfield player we have now and was a effective both ends of the pitch.

And even that style of play wasn't sustainable in the premier League as we got relegated.

But Mick - or Mick and the Board, have stripped this squad of all pace, creativity, width and passing ability leaving us one dimensional, boring and now even a soft touch.

Yeah we will win games playing like that, but it is prehistoric, unstainable, unattractive and ultimately ineffective.

Re: Losing faith in mick

Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:23 am

He has to go back to basics again!!!

Start with the defence back to basics, don't concede and then work from there, we are always capable of scoring from a set piece, we can give teams one two and three nil leads it becomes impossible then.

We are missing Bennett, those fans who used to say he couldn't defend must be starting to realise how underrated he was now!