Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Surely Vincent tan?????

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:17 pm

You bankroll the club .you want better than this????

Re: Surely Vincent tan?????

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:15 pm

skiprat wrote:You bankroll the club .you want better than this????

Nope.....

Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:28 pm

Barclay1 wrote:

Nope.....

Yes, but if it was your money keeping the club afloat eventually you would have had enough.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:30 pm

Winchmore Hill Bluebird wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:

Nope.....

Yes, but if it was your money keeping the club afloat eventually you would have had enough.

Absolutely, but I wouldn't string the club or fans along and I would sell.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:02 pm

I agree that Tan can’t be getting much out of this and probably hasn’t for the last couple of years.

Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:04 pm

Tan isn’t the problem it’s the rest of the board Dalman etc they have repeatedly recommended managers to Tan and tbf to Tan has given them money and is putting his own money in every month to keep us running. I think the board needs a shake up , it definitely needs someone with some football knowledge . Think we’ve got to get a director of football.

Every year the money we’ve wasted on players and paid over inflated prices for them on ridiculous wages, the players we bought who didn’t work out we were then stuck with due to the over inflated wages we pay. In a season or two I’m worried we’ll go down as we’ve got no long term plan. T
Lots of players out of contract so we’ll get no fees for them, the only player I’d thin we have with any saleable value is Moore. With ffp as well will be very difficult to do a rebuild job of a squad and be competitive in the league

Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:01 pm

no interest tan, not been for years , slowly killing us

Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:56 pm

Ninian27 wrote:no interest tan, not been for years , slowly killing us

Just enough interest in club to put in a million or two every month :o

Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:07 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:

Nope.....

You said yesterday you didn't know what was going on; but now you're telling us (again) what the owner is doing...

Opinion is one thing, 'some' fact-based knowledge is another (no matter where it comes from ;) ) but to constantly make it up based only on a heavily lop-sided bias opinion is not good, is it?

Just saying/noting, like... :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:27 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:no interest tan, not been for years , slowly killing us

Just enough interest in club to put in a million or two every month :o

His choice.

Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:28 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:

Nope.....

Not that easy selling a football club? Firstly there is clubs debts (regardless of who's to blame) to pay then there is a cost of bringing in new management and others "probably " new players usually come with new manager..... unless cost cutting and tells him no money need to use the youngsters? Above all else new owner needs to understand football and what it means to fans.. finally new owner must be acceptable to present owner? Ask Newcastle fans about that.. must be 4 attempts to take over none acceptable to Ashley..:laughing6: if only it was as simple as buying a pint... :D

Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:11 pm

I think the realism is that VT is willing to bankroll the club in the short to medium turn but he wants at least £100m for a club that are closer to Div1 than the Premier League.

Last season there were "at least" two interested parties willing to buy the club. For reasons of confidentiality I am not going to name them but:

Party 1
An individual who has always held the Bluebirds close to his chest. He regards himself as a supporter. As "one of us" and, in due course, I think would bring the club and supporters together. In my honest belief, I think, nowadays, he is more wealthy than VT and could bring Premier League football to the club again. That said I do not think VT would be willing to sell to him!

Party 2
Was born in Cardiff and is involved in the running of a very successful number of companies. I am not willing to divulge his name but I am willing to say that he and a South African multi millionnaire were interested in buying the club last year. The deal fell, not through lack of interest, but because VT wanted too much. Far too much for a club playing outside the Premier League at a time when Football is not that much of a profitable business.

Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:30 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:I think the realism is that VT is willing to bankroll the club in the short to medium turn but he wants at least £100m for a club that are closer to Div1 than the Premier League.

Last season there were "at least" two interested parties willing to buy the club. For reasons of confidentiality I am not going to name them but:

Party 1
An individual who has always held the Bluebirds close to his chest. He regards himself as a supporter. As "one of us" and, in due course, I think would bring the club and supporters together. In my honest belief, I think, nowadays, he is more wealthy than VT and could bring Premier League football to the club again. That said I do not think VT would be willing to sell to him!

Party 2
Was born in Cardiff and is involved in the running of a very successful number of companies. I am not willing to divulge his name but I am willing to say that he and a South African multi millionnaire were interested in buying the club last year. The deal fell, not through lack of interest, but because VT wanted too much. Far too much for a club playing outside the Premier League at a time when Football is not that much of a profitable business.

Party no 1 does not take too much to work out who it is. More wealthy than VT? If its who I think it is and that is a true fact then his knockers will go quiet.

Party no 2 not a scooby unless its that internet king whose game escapes me.

Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:31 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:I think the realism is that VT is willing to bankroll the club in the short to medium turn but he wants at least £100m for a club that are closer to Div1 than the Premier League.

Party 1

Party 2

This post deserves a thread of its own! Party 1 has to be Sam Hammam? Party 2 no idea but a multi-millionaire is no good these days multi-billionaires are the way ahead ;)

Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:01 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Party 1

Party 2

Party no 1 does not take too much to work out who it is. More wealthy than VT? If its who I think it is and that is a true fact then his knockers will go quiet.

If party one is who I think it is wouldt careless if he was multi billionaire ..... my views are well known on him and still wouldn't buy 2nd hand car from him.. :old:

Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:16 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Party 1

Party 2

If party one is who I think it is wouldt careless if he was multi billionaire ..... my views are well known on him and still wouldn't buy 2nd hand car from him.. :old:

Even if he somehow managed to get Tan to sell One sell, would he pass the fit and proper tests that owners have to do now?

Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:21 pm

darran1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Party 1

Party 2

Even if he somehow managed to get Tan to sell One sell, would he pass the fit and proper tests that owners have to do now?

Not sure he would ... :D

Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:53 pm

If Option 1 is who we assume it to be, just because he might now be richer doesn’t mean he would do the right thing.

He was pretty rich before but put a lot of debt onto the club, so it’s not his money that is being invested.

The bit I don’t get, is if a club had to operate within FFP why does it matter how much the owner is worth - surely they can only spend as much as the club turnovers over in a given time period. Unless I’m missing something?

If so then surely a bloody good administrator who could build the profile of the club, build its turnover and a outline and execute a mid/long term plan is the most important thing.