Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

At least we had 61% possession

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:53 pm

I know some are bothered by that.

Re: At least we had 61% possession

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:58 pm

Picking the ball out of the net 5 times accounts for most of that.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:26 pm

Good grief.. that means we conceded 5 in 36 mins.. lethal from Rovers. Or one goal every 7mins 12 secs. More possession is bad.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:29 pm

maccydee wrote:I know some are bothered by that.

That may have been the problem. We don’t know what to do with it when we have the ball.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:02 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

That may have been the problem. We don’t know what to do with it when we have the ball.

Exactly. Possession stats I think are based on the number of passes so if the back 7 plus keeper are just passing it to each other then our stats will be high.

Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:39 am

Floppsy wrote:Picking the ball out of the net 5 times accounts for most of that.

:lol:

Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:59 pm

by rumpo kid » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:26 pm

Good grief.. that means we conceded 5 in 36 mins.. lethal from Rovers. Or one goal every 7mins 12 secs. More possession is bad.

On the other hand, if we had only had 39% possession we might have conceded even more. Maybe it's a new tactic and we'll go for 70% or more in the next match and only concede 3. A few on here have been saying that we should try something different. :?

Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:55 am

Floppsy wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Exactly. Possession stats I think are based on the number of passes so if the back 7 plus keeper are just passing it to each other then our stats will be high.

Isn't it based on the amount of time the ball in under our control?

Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:38 am

nubbsy wrote:
Floppsy wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

It flies in the face of hoofball if get more possession than opposition? Think the stat is high because for large parts game we were actually in control but for idiotic defending what did Blackburn do? If you look at match stats they had 9 shots n target we had 4.......we had 4 more corners than them..... scoreline doesn't tell story of game especially as the goals were made by us rather than their great play? Like said take out 4 goals and wasnt much in game in fact Morrison should have scored well before they did then it's a different game but like Bournemouth we missed sitter in 1st minute ultimately it cost us ...

Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:57 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Floppsy wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

It is. Having checked I've been misunderstanding it for years.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:44 pm

Floppsy wrote:Picking the ball out of the net 5 times accounts for most of that.

:lol:

Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:47 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Floppsy wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

It flies in the face of hoofball if get more possession than opposition? Think the stat is high because for large parts game we were actually in control but for idiotic defending what did Blackburn do? If you look at match stats they had 9 shots n target we had 4.......we had 4 more corners than them..... scoreline doesn't tell story of game especially as the goals were made by us rather than their great play? Like said take out 4 goals and wasnt much in game in fact Morrison should have scored well before they did then it's a different game but like Bournemouth we missed sitter in 1st minute ultimately it cost us ...

Same old story lately though Allan, we miss a few good chances & play really well for the first 10-20 minutes & then BANG! We're 1-0 down from a breakaway & it's all downhill from there.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:24 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Floppsy wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Same old story lately though Allan, we miss a few good chances & play really well for the first 10-20 minutes & then BANG! We're 1-0 down from a breakaway & it's all downhill from there.

Yes and its causing the furore we've seen lately with the fans..... whilst i still say mick needs to go end season only way that would change is by him changing way we play now? so giving youngsters more opportunity to play decent football and to improve.. I just feel keeping him will waste a good chance to alter the whole setup given we have so many out of contract players... yes we could struggle with new manager but long term be good for the club fans and the youngsters.... Saturday was an abirition of defending not way we played? but there was signs given better tactics we can play better football if only mick can see that but not sure he can..