Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO Vincent Tan……

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:11 pm

You watch City,,,, what do you think?

Re: FAO Vincent Tan……

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:31 pm

He doesn't think. If we are 'customers' he is giving us less than zero value for money, and, is doing NOTHING about it.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:32 pm

Barclay1 wrote:He doesn't think. If we are 'customers' he is giving us less than zero value for money, and, is doing NOTHING about it.

What should he do then?

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:37 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:He doesn't think. If we are 'customers' he is giving us less than zero value for money, and, is doing NOTHING about it.

What should he do then?

Probably sell up by the end of this season if he cant get anymore money from malaysia.
wont get anything from Cardiff this season

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:45 pm

What should he do then?

He should go. He should have sold when he had the chance, and not let his pride get in the way.

You know what, people hide behind the fact that 'at least he pays the wages. Quite disrespectful to the majority of other clubs owners who also pay the wages to keep their clubs afloat.

Yes, he pays the wages. The last two years, more specifically THIS year, he has given the fans NOTHING to cheer about. For me, if he is not prepared to even give fans a side thought then he should be gone.

Lets be honest though, you will disagree with me because its me, because I am the author of this comment. If I suddenly said Tan was amazing, you'd find a way to disagree with me then, and still make out that I know absolutely zero about football, or this club.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:00 pm

Barclay1 wrote:

What should he do then?

He should go. He should have sold when he had the chance, and not let his pride get in the way.

You know what, people hide behind the fact that 'at least he pays the wages. Quite disrespectful to the majority of other clubs owners who also pay the wages to keep their clubs afloat.

Yes, he pays the wages. The last two years, more specifically THIS year, he has given the fans NOTHING to cheer about. For me, if he is not prepared to even give fans a side thought then he should be gone.

Lets be honest though, you will disagree with me because its me, because I am the author of this comment. If I suddenly said Tan was amazing, you'd find a way to disagree with me then, and still make out that I know absolutely zero about football, or this club.

Gosh no love lost here.

Back to the question of what should he do. Well nothing at the moment because he has given out his orders and MM is following them to the rule. That being Tan wants cheap fringe players in and the high wagers out. He will have his way come the start of the next campaign.

However, is Tan willing to go this way at the expensive of relegation? Well come the transfer window in January where we could find ourselves in a relegation fight we will soon find out if he is.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:04 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:

What should he do then?

Probably sell up by the end of this season if he cant get anymore money from malaysia.

Which one of the queue of potential buyers would you prefer him to enter talks with mate?

Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:06 pm

Barclay1 wrote:

What should he do then?

You gonna give Tan an offer for the club or do you want to hold your hat out so we can chuck a few quid in first?

Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:06 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:

What should he do then?

Which one of the queue of potential buyers would you prefer him to enter talks with mate?

Sam Hammam please.....

Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:36 pm

................sell up, quickly!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:11 pm

It would make sense for him to sell. The club is losing money and he’s running it down. To what end?

If there are no buyers, out of interest who were the two parties Tan turned down(allegedly)..

Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:20 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:

What should he do then?

Sam Hammam please.....

Really??
Is he interested?

Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:32 pm

rumpo kid wrote:It would make sense for him to sell. The club is losing money and he’s running it down. To what end?

If there are no buyers, out of interest who were the two parties Tan turned down(allegedly)..

2 parties? I thought there was only one and that was Sam Hamman.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:49 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:It would make sense for him to sell. The club is losing money and he’s running it down. To what end?

2 parties? I thought there was only one and that was Sam Hamman.

Simply as a valid statement in respect to your reply, and with no intention to stir the pot further, I'm glad there appears to be a general understanding on this board that Hammam is or would be an interested party.

I hope everyone who has (consistently) said to my 'sell up' statements "Are you gonna offer to buy us" realises now that there is and, as a guess because I don't know Mr Hammam at all, remains a party that may be interested to buy us.

Let's hope that puts that to bed.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:10 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:

What should he do then?

Sam Hammam please.....

Really??
Is he interested?

Hope not ..... besides no money in it for him so hopefully that will put him off .. :?

Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:25 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:

What should he do then?

Sam Hammam please.....

Really??
Is he interested?

Hope not ..... besides no money in it for him so hopefully that will put him off .. :?

Fair enough, an honest opinion, said with conviction without reverting to name calling.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:29 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:

What should he do then?

Sam Hammam please.....

Really??
Is he interested?

Fair enough, an honest opinion, said with conviction without reverting to name calling.

Am I right in saying that he allegedly threatened to shut the club down. Saying something about it having no history before he came and he can make sure it has no future. I’m happy to be corrected on this if I’m wrong.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:34 pm

I really don't know, but I would like to see the context or backdrop against which that was said.

I claim to know nothing of what goes on within the four walls, but based on stories, The club was being taken away from Sam by other parties after he had, in my opinion, built it up and pulled it up from the floor.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:37 pm

Barclay1 wrote:I really don't know, but I would like to see the context or backdrop against which that was said.

I claim to know nothing of what goes on within the four walls, but based on stories, The club was being taken away from Sam by other parties after he had, in my opinion, built it up and pulled it up from the floor.

‘Based on stories’ could cover all manner of things particularly if you remember that there’s always two sides to a story mate.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:44 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:I really don't know, but I would like to see the context or backdrop against which that was said.

‘Based on stories’ could cover all manner of things particularly if you remember that there’s always two sides to a story mate.

Sam had indeed done a superb job in putting life bank in the club and for that I will always be grateful to him. :bluescarf:

Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:58 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:

What should he do then?

Sam Hammam please.....

Never get back in bed with an ex - they are an ex for a reason

However he is due credit for lighting the touch paper that sparked Cardiff City to life because before him we where going nowhere. However it ember the meetings I went to when to many people fell for the bullshit he spouted when he was selling players from under us.

Many good days but many bad days - if only they had beeen more good days :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:03 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:

What should he do then?

Sam Hammam please.....

REALLY?! I mean WTF.

Why on earth (apart from nostalgic reasons and boys club) would anyone want Sam back.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:09 pm

:clap:
Barclay1 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:

What should he do then?

Sam Hammam please.....

Really??
Is he interested?

Is victor meldrew name calling? :mrgreen: it was said with conviction I lived several hundred yards from plough lane in his time at Wimbledon and I honestly believe his intentions were to do same to us as he did to them .... we need a totally different direction and never go back it very rarely works ..
If you noticed I have been calling for him to go for couple months... so not that different to you just do it in different way... :D

Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:13 pm

Let it fold

Let the ungrateful pricks who think we are like bigger than Barcelona have their way and laugh your tits off as they try to phoenix but slowly realise you can't polish turd.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:46 pm

What should he do then?

He will answer once he's spoken to his source ;) :laughing6:

What I would like to see/hear is some kind of statement and/or interview from the man himself and not one of his puppets; particularly the smooth-talking politician

Sadly, I don't think it will happen but we live in (some) hope

Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:32 pm

Sven wrote:

What should he do then?

What I would like to see/hear is some kind of statement and/or interview from the man himself and not one of his puppets; particularly the smooth-talking politician

Tan is like lot of these overseas owners once they withdraw from every day running of club you wont get a word out of them unless something drastic happens? Classic example the owners of the breakaway clubs they had to appear in public to answer the criticism of their greed.... some were not heared from in years bit like tan now. So dont expect anything from him unless it's good news or he is selling club.

Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:13 am

Sven wrote:

What should he do then?

I believe I did reply? And I didn't speak to a source as I have no 'source' only my own opinion, which I have mentioned time and again.

I do however agree with points two and three. If I am ever to give Tan any credit, then he is going to have to talk to the fans, so they can understand.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:01 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:

What should he do then?

Who is he going to sell to?

Even if he did sell up then we would have a "new owners same old problems" situation. Selling the club makes no difference whatsoever to our financial predicament. We still need to cost cut due to the loss of £36m parachute payments and our operating losses will still need to be kept under £13m per season.

The only thing that will change is the person who is paying the bills at the end of the month.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:11 pm

Barclay1 wrote:

What should he do then?

So Vincent Tan sells up and we get new owners. Those new owners will have to operate within the same financial restrictions that the present owner does. If we don't cut our costs and still run the run on the same footing as last season our projected loss would be nearly £50m.

We would immediately face a points deduction and near certain relegation. We would continue to receive points deductions until we got our house in order.

I disagree with you because your argument has no logic. You are stuck in the past believing that 'new owners' with money to burn is answer to every crisis. You are totally wrong because the landscape has completely changed due to P&S/FFP.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:33 pm

Blue78 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:

What should he do then?

Sam Hammam please.....

REALLY?! I mean WTF.

Why on earth (apart from nostalgic reasons and boys club) would anyone want Sam back.

Sam has the contacts, knows his football insider out, inspires atmosphere, players , staff loved him and now he has the money , he never had before . Wealthy beyond now :bluebird: :bluebird:

At least he loves Cardiff , I know the true facts , not media shite .

Majority of fans live him and as we see time and time again the fickle ones soon change with a bit of success.

Tan does not give a shite