Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BRENTFORD BRILLIANT

Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:38 pm

now if cardiff played like that we' d all be happy but we keep going with old school uk manager
watching brentford last few seasons under foreign manager and leeds before under foreign manager playing the style of football i would like us to play so when are we going to learn and start the journey of playing this style and it also means a lot of foreign players and there must be plenty outside of the uk
We need scouts to sort and need this style to be introduced to our youngsters but with mick mcarthy we are never ever or where going to play that style of footie
micks thinking is if your 6ft plus your in the team but its footie no rugby i wish we would change straight away i am sure even the players we have can play a better style and i think mick has lost the dressing room
Lets hope the board act quickly and stop the rot.

Re: BRENTFORD BRILLIANT

Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:59 pm

The whole project at Brentford has been going on years. They got rid of their academy.

I pointed out a few weeks ago that the fact we're not making any strides to change things with the first team is the biggest problem.

These things take time and we should have started long before now.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:04 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:The whole project at Brentford has been going on years. They got rid of their academy.

I pointed out a few weeks ago that the fact we're not making any strides to change things with the first team is the biggest problem.

These things take time and we should have started long before now.

Best part of 10yrs theyve been perfecting their system of recruiting players selling and buying along the way... but crucially they invested in a young manager or two to help them on their way...todays game was crazy as could been 5 all... we appear to have good youngsters to work with all need is the manager to improve 5them... as I've repeatedly said mick is not the one to bring them forward and needs to ho but no confidence that tan or dalman can see this? Next manager will tell us a lot... maybe time for a foreign head coach? Director of football to help the committee

Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:27 pm

WORCESTER

The program may have started years ago but they where in 1st division came into the championship and kept the style going and look at them now and look at us i have been saying season after srason a foriegn manager is not rhe be all and end all but there contacts and style is so much better than some of the dinasour managers still trawlling around the championship sadly we have another and a board that does' nt have a football brain.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:47 pm

montyblue wrote:WORCESTER

The program may have started years ago but they where in 1st division came into the championship and kept the style going and look at them now and look at us i have been saying season after srason a foriegn manager is not rhe be all and end all but there contacts and style is so much better than some of the dinasour managers still trawlling around the championship sadly we have another and a board that does' nt have a football brain.

Dinosaur managers are more or less extinct now as we've had them all? Interesting to see where we go next?

Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:56 pm

PEMBROKE ALLAN

Having said that we got be by another dinasour manager today so what does that say about ours
Very depressing outlook sadly
wonder if bellamy is upto coming back or still not well along with someone else

Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:26 pm

montyblue wrote:PEMBROKE ALLAN

Having said that we got be by another dinasour manager today so what does that say about ours
Very depressing outlook sadly
wonder if bellamy is upto coming back or still not well along with someone else

Mick is probably the last of them ? Whilst there are oldies like mobrey today opposition boss ect ect they are not stuck in a time warp of one dimensional football like ones we've had past 7yrs