Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Has Mick lost the dressing room?

Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:42 pm

My opinion is he has and when this happens eventually there’s only one outcome.I normally back the manager until it’s virtually impossible not too but the time is up.
Where do we go,a young British manager with bright ideas,an older foreigner or promote from within (Steve Morrison).
I’d love to see a former player involved,not necessarily manager but in a backroom room staff roll.Sol would have been a good choice but that’s gone but how about Mark Hudson.
Any other suggestions.

Re: He has lost the dressing room.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:52 pm

I’m not saying that he has or hasn’t because I really don’t know but we could have Klopp with Guardiols as his assistant and if they haven’t got the players to change the style then it’s pointless.
I’ve said in an earlier thread that I’m usually a positive poster but it seems we’re in a real mess.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:12 pm

I don't think so.

He is now giving a number of youngsters their chance and I would say all of them will want to work for him because of that. If he has lost any faith in him it will most likely be the senior players who are possible struggling with the extra demand on them. I don't think that is the case there neither.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:34 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:I don't think so.

He is now giving a number of youngsters their chance and I would say all of them will want to work for him because of that. If he has lost any faith in him it will most likely be the senior players who are possible struggling with the extra demand on them. I don't think that is the case there neither.

Yes the youngsters are obviously grateful of a chance but are totally alien to this football.The senior players can see that this style of football is going nowhere now.
Perfect example is Mark Harris,loves to make a run down the channels for a midfielder to slip a pass in,not going to happen in this set up.
We will lose one or two of these youngsters and they will goon to bigger things and all of sudden fans will ask why.
I’m not a fan of sacking managers Willy nilly but if we are to godown the road of promoting the youngsters to the first team we definitely need a manager to play a style akin to them.

Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:45 pm

Micks way and his trusty assistant TCs is wank. f**k then off ASAP

Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:50 am

I don’t think he has... a lot in that team would not be playing if another manager was here. The senior players need to step up, show a bit more fight.

Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:00 pm

He's lost Ojo Wilson and Bennett

Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:30 am

I don't think he comes across as particularly likeable and never has. He has the attitude of "this is me and like me or hate me I don't care" for fans and players which is fair enough but that then extends on to personal issues with players whereby if they cross him (like Tomlin clearly has) then that is it, there is no way back. Read the story about Bothroyd with Mick years ago and why he hates him, Bothroyd himself says he was partly to blame but Micks treatment of him after he crossed him for having a tantrum for being subbed sums up how Mick is. He has his favourites, but besides them you are pretty much screwed. You can argue that Bothroyd and now Tomlin are also to blame but some players for whatever reason need a different approach to get the best from them and Mick clearly doesn't have this about him, it's either his way or the reserves for you.

Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:59 am

Agree with OP

Dressing room has been lost.

That usually means it's time to start again.

Re: Has Mick lost the dressing room?

Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:09 am

What surprises me is if the board knew the was the road we'd like to go down, cutting costs and bringing through the entire U23 team, why didn't they hire a manager who has proven experience bringing youth players in? Rather than Mick. Surely they knew the direction they'd be taking the club, and would prepare a manager suitable for that task?

Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:23 am

theclaw wrote:My opinion is he has and when this happens eventually there’s only one outcome.I normally back the manager until it’s virtually impossible not too but the time is up.
Where do we go,a young British manager with bright ideas,an older foreigner or promote from within (Steve Morrison).
I’d love to see a former player involved,not necessarily manager but in a backroom room staff roll.Sol would have been a good choice but that’s gone but how about Mark Hudson.
Any other suggestions.

Starting to look like he has, how many times do this lot down tools and manage out the Manager?

Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:26 am

Bluebina wrote:
theclaw wrote:My opinion is he has and when this happens eventually there’s only one outcome.I normally back the manager until it’s virtually impossible not too but the time is up.
Any other suggestions.

Starting to look like he has, how many times do this lot down tools and manage out the Manager?

If it is indeed the case then it will be good to see the back of most if not all of them come June.

Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:55 am

CantonStandBob wrote:I don't think he comes across as particularly likeable and never has. He has the attitude of "this is me and like me or hate me I don't care" for fans and players which is fair enough but that then extends on to personal issues with players whereby if they cross him (like Tomlin clearly has) then that is it, there is no way back. Read the story about Bothroyd with Mick years ago and why he hates him, Bothroyd himself says he was partly to blame but Micks treatment of him after he crossed him for having a tantrum for being subbed sums up how Mick is. He has his favourites, but besides them you are pretty much screwed. You can argue that Bothroyd and now Tomlin are also to blame but some players for whatever reason need a different approach to get the best from them and Mick clearly doesn't have this about him, it's either his way or the reserves for you.

Very good post.

Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:57 am

Bakedalasker wrote:I don't think so.

For now I think you are right for now.