Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff fans away at Blackburn Not happy at all

Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:41 am

Cardiff fans are starting to get fed up with the dire football and turned on the team away at Blackburn.

The disquiet among Cardiff supporters was vociferous following the final whistle. The thousand-plus fans who had made the journey made themselves known in the corner of the ground at Ewood Park and, to their credit, the players fronted up and went to face the music.

And while emotions are running high, McCarthy's message to the fans was that all he can do is continue to work as hard as possible to dig Cardiff out of this nasty slump.

"It's really difficult to try and do that today," the manager said when asked to give a message for the fans.

"Anything I say... all I can guarantee is that we keep trying 100 per cent to put our best in.

"We started well but when we conceded we got opened up. All I can continue to do is give absolutely everything."

Re: Cardiff fans away at Blackburn Not happy at all

Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:49 am

He’s not going to say it but if he said ‘the budget has been slashed and I’ve lost quite a few first team players and I’m being forced to play our kids’ I’d have a lot of sympathy with him.

Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:59 am

The result yesterday doesn’t give us much incentive to go to the game on Tuesday night against West Bromwich Albion

Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:05 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:He’s not going to say it but if he said ‘the budget has been slashed and I’ve lost quite a few first team players and I’m being forced to play our kids’ I’d have a lot of sympathy with him.

:thumbup:

Dalman would never allow him to say such things

Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:07 am

fred keenor wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:He’s not going to say it but if he said ‘the budget has been slashed and I’ve lost quite a few first team players and I’m being forced to play our kids’ I’d have a lot of sympathy with him.

:thumbup:

Dalman would never allow him to say such things

I know that mate so it seems MM has made a rod for his own back.

Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:21 am

I know this team is fairly limited but I dont believe this is the best we can expect from them. We are so defensive (we had 8 defensive players playing yesterday) we just invite pressure onto ourselves that we can't deal with. Micks football is so dire and negative.

Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:23 am

Escott1927 wrote:

I know this team is fairly limited but I dont believe this is the best we can expect from them. We are so defensive (we had 8 defensive players playing yesterday) we just invite pressure onto ourselves that we can't deal with. Micks football is so dire and negative.

I said yesterday that from the starting 11 there was not one player who could take an opponent on when 1:1. No pace in the side = problems in the championship.

Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:28 am

But most of the teams in this division have had their budgets slashed hardly anyone has actually spent money buying players. To that extent we are operating on a level playing field.

Used to be fairly neutral to in favour of MM not anymore. He simply isn't making the most of what we have got to the extent that had we not had the easiest possible start to the season in terms of fixtures we would be in relegation trouble already. His record against the better teams is one hundred percent losing. No one should delude themselves into thinking we can't be relegated under MM we certainly can.

He has got us playing such a dire brand of defensive hoofball that we have actually inverted the laws of football and all out goals are scored by central defenders. We were pretty bad when he came in and simply haven't moved on. There was a brief new manager effect when we won six on the trot but since then have been as bad as ever. The football is dire too.

Could do worse than giving Morrison a go for a few week and seeing if he is any good if not bring someone else in.

Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:00 am

[quote="Forever Blue"]Cardiff fans are starting to get fed up with the dire football and turned on the team away at Blackburn.

The disquiet among Cardiff supporters was vociferous following the final whistle. The thousand-plus fans who had made the journey made themselves known in the corner of the ground at Ewood Park and, to their credit, the players fronted up and went to face the music.

Agree there was some form of credit for facing up to the fans, they approached closer than normal, despite the obvious anger, especially Morrison who handed his shirt to a young girl and Pack who also gave his shirt and tried to indicate some form of apology for the shambolic performance.

One noticeable absentee was Mick, he was down the tunnel before the referee had finished blowing his final whistle.

Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:23 pm

Guy in my works is a Sunderland season ticket holder
And he said much was ok as a manager but always played too defensively, guess that’s all he knows.
Looks like he may have lost the dressing room as well,
Did anyone hear that guys saying on radio wales last night that he spoke to Tubby Tomlin, and Tomlin told him he would never play for MM ?

Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:39 pm

boglin wrote:Guy in my works is a Sunderland season ticket holder
And he said much was ok as a manager but always played too defensively, guess that’s all he knows.
Looks like he may have lost the dressing room as well,
Did anyone hear that guys saying on radio wales last night that he spoke to Tubby Tomlin, and Tomlin told him he would never play for MM ?

One main rule in football is you never slag off your players. You can say things like "if we continue to play like that we will go down etc etc" but slagging individuals off is not good management. As much as Tubby Tomlin has not helped himself much MM has added to that. Very poor from MM who has not helped his own course with the dire football he has got us playing.

Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:02 pm

No one forced him, he knew what to expect

Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:21 pm

Ninian27 wrote:

Forced to play the kids as the boss has told him to? You don’t think that’s happened?

Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:36 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:

Forced to play the kids as the boss has told him to? You don’t think that’s happened?

He could have walked away instead of taking a 2yr contract ? as you imply he was told by the committee
to play kids so he knew what to expect and was not forced to stay...

Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:01 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:

He could have walked away instead of taking a 2yr contract ? as you imply he was told by the committee

Fair point

Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:56 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:

Fair point

He either was not hold this or he thought was on a no lose situation as 2 yr contract is a good bonus if gets sacked for failing ? And at moment hes failing but will tan sack him not sure he will unless forced to.. Only hope fact we are using kids will stir the committee to bring in an appropriate manager to make them better?

Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:22 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:

Fair point

He either was not hold this or he thought was on a no lose situation as 2 yr contract is a good bonus if gets sacked for failing ? And at moment hes failing but will tan sack him not sure he will unless forced to.. Only hope fact we are using kids will stir the committee to bring in an appropriate manager to make them better?

My positive take on it is that he’s offloading the big earners (June) and will give a new manager (limited) funds to spend on a few players. Also change the style. Like what happened after Slade. Either that or clearing the decks for a sale.

Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:30 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:

Fair point

My positive take on it is that he’s offloading the big earners (June) and will give a new manager (limited) funds to spend on a few players. Also change the style. Like what happened after Slade. Either that or clearing the decks for a sale.

Tbh my view as been that mick be gone end season and a more appropriate manager be brought in to help youngsters improve with new players in to help change way we play? Cannot believe that the committee are blind to fact old school managers are for short term rescuing of clubs and not taking them forward long term ....if not careful colwill ect will be poached by top championship teams or even lower premier league clubs thats the worry

Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:53 am

When/if he does say that, it will be in his dying moments at this club.

Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:41 am

nubbsy wrote:

When/if he does say that, it will be in his dying moments at this club.

Yes I agree.