Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ The road ahead for CCFC “

Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:49 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
bluelover wrote:There was obviously a plan to get rid of as many high paid players as possible in the summer with the others to go next summer. The kids were there to subsidise the playing staff and hopefully shine with no expectation whatsoever that we would gain promotion. So the plan this year was to survive and that should be achieved, if only because clubs are being penalised through points deduction. So what was the plan for next year??

Sell our youngsters for a profit and replace them with fringe players.

If that was the case then it was made to think they would be good enough to warrant a fee of any note.

My expectation this year was that we would survive and then next year hope to start afresh, bring in a new manager with passing the ball being the ethos, who would enhance the younger players and through freed up wages, sign some hungry players who would finally be willing to come to the club due to the calibre of manager we had signed.

I suspect it was thought, after last year, that MM would see us comfortably end up mid table. The risk now is that, whilst I don't see us going down, we are playing so badly compared to last seasion that any skills/confidence that the younger players had may be totally eroded by the time next season starts

Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:13 pm

Yes, but as has been said on here already, a new Manager and those players cost alot of money.. something we dont have.

Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:38 pm

I'm going to repeat myself here.

The board are doing their best, and are at least keeping us on the right side of the financial regulations.

Even if a new billionaire took over the club tomorrow, he wouldn't be allowed to spend hundreds of millions of pounds on players - its just not allowed any more. Be careful if you wish for new owners - better the devil you know.

We are in a similar position to more than half of the teams in the division - we could finish in the top 6, we could finish in the bottom 6.

The constant witch hunt against the owners and board is getting boring now, although i respect people's rights to have an opinion. People on here will never be happy with whoever owns the club because it isn't Sam Hammam.

Lets just get behind the players and the team - forget the rest of it

Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:51 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Yes, but as has been said on here already, a new Manager and those players cost alot of money.. something we dont have.

Not necessarily. The requirement is to meet FFP rules. The wage cuts will free up some money. A decent up and coming manager from abroad with an eye for talent would be great. At the end of the day I just want to watch footballers who know what to do with a ball rather than lump it up the field and if we manage to get that, then the rubbish we have to put up with this year will be well worth it.

Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:15 pm

Ninian1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:OPINIONS: :bluebird:

My honest opinion on the points you raise

Mick McCarthy is recently evidencing that he is out of touch with modern football but , like Neil Warnock before him is too stubborn or proud to admit it and falls back on the old adage of how he has many many years of experience in football. Unfortunately the football both he and NW had experience of has moved on considerably over the years and largely left them behind.

The fault I put on the CCFC board is they didn`t move NW out as soon as we reached the Premier League or at very least when his "questionable" dealings with a disgraced former football intermediary came to light. They were also at fault in rushing into an extended contract for MM. To me that demonstrated their lack of a decision maker with current football knowledge on the club board - a weakness which needs to be addressed urgently if we are to progress as a club.

Our current style of football at first team level is , in my opinion, appalling. I am at a total loss as to why players paid several thousands of £ a week cannot even do the basics of controlling a ball properly when passed to them or passing the ball accurately themselves. Every team we have played so far this season can do that , as can our u23 side - they go two steps further in that they can receive and control a pass whilst moving and can move into space to receive a ball.

The youngsters we now have in or on the fringes of the team have the skills but some are being asked to change their game plan, negating the skills they have, or are being played out of position (e.g Tom Sang who is a better midfielder than any of our current central midfielders). Also those youngsters will have spells of bad form (e.g Joel Bagan) and need to be occasionally rested. Must be demoralising for them though when they see the senior pros playing so poorly but with seemingly little chance of being dropped because that would mean MM having to admit that he is getting it wrong.

On the legal case front, of the three cases you refer to , the Michael Isaac one has already failed at first instance at court and the Sam and Nantes ones almost certainly wont come to court until next year when I fully expect the club to win both of them (only time will tell ).

That's an interesting read... :thumbup:

I can tell you that the club came close to replacing Neil Warnock on reaching the Premier League and again soon after. However, it was dropped as an idea forva number of reasons that included the expected unrest from thevsupport base

Interesting also to read your comments on the two remaining Court cases and I would welcome your reasoning for believibg the club (Cardiff City) will win both? :thumbright:

Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:06 am

Where is the communication to the fans at large, a few statements, interviews would not go amiss. :banghead:
Even hearing from VT would be welcome.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:46 am

At the moment, the road ahead looks pretty bleak under mick. If we are going to rely on youth, we need a manager who will play to their strengths and at least give them a fighting chance of making an impact. That's not going to happen playing the dross we have seen this season so far.

Being optimistic, I'm hoping micks job is to oversee the transition whilst we offload the high earners, and then we'll bring someone else in to move forward with the younger players. I cant help but feel the club will try to rebuild next season with mick as manager and we will waste more money playing shit football and we'll end up doing an Ipswich.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:39 pm

Can someone see any positives after tonight.
Awful performance , outclassed outfought and outplayed.
A near empty stadium with 20 minutes to go.
Yet again no chairman to witness such an abysmal performance.
Fans singing your getting sacked in the morning.
A shambles from top to bottom.
Make no mistake we are in a relegation fight despite Derby and Reading losing points.