Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lose the next 2 games and Mick goes?

Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:11 am

Do you think if we lose the next 2 games mick will be sacked?

That would mean 7 loses out of 8 games.

With the international window it would be great timing however i don't think the board will want to pay up his contract so i think personally we would be stuck with him.

Hopefully we win the next 2 games but i really can't see it at the moment.

We need to change this formation and stop playing with 3 cbs!

Re: Lose the next 2 games and Mick goes?

Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:20 am

West Brom are a very good side and Reading wont be an easy game either

I hope I am wrong but it wouldnt be a shock to lose the next 2 games.

Whether Mick will go is another question though. Will anyone want to come into the club at the moment?

No money to spend, fans turning against the club, a team lacking any major quality. Its not very appealing :(

Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:23 am

100% DEF NOT

Mick was cheap had no job and says and does what he is told.

They won’t get a good manager to be totally controlled.

Good managers will not join this lot now.

Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:27 am

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Do you think if we lose the next 2 games mick will be sacked?

With the international window it would be great timing however i don't think the board will want to pay up his contract so i think personally we would be stuck with him.

I agree with most of what you say but not the 3 centre back point.

There is nothing wrong with playing 3 centre backs, it's who those centre backs are is the biggest issue. Flint, Morrison and Nelson are too similar; great in the air, battlers but not enough pace and, more importantly, none of them can pass.

If you want to play 3 centre backs play Flint and Morrison with McGuiness or even Pack just to give us a chance of retaining the ball and not continually lumping it hopefully forward which just gives the ball back to the opposition.

Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:44 am

piledriver64 wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Do you think if we lose the next 2 games mick will be sacked?

There is nothing wrong with playing 3 centre backs, it's who those centre backs are is the biggest issue. Flint, Morrison and Nelson are too similar; great in the air, battlers but not enough pace and, more importantly, none of them can pass.

If you want to play 3 centre backs play Flint and Morrison with McGuiness or even Pack just to give us a chance of retaining the ball and not continually lumping it hopefully forward which just gives the ball back to the opposition.

I Just don't think this formation is working for us. I would prefer to go back to 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 and get our feet back on the ground.

I hope mcguiness gets a shot soon as mick was saying he can't get in the team as the defence have been brilliant (not sure what he has been watching)

If we did change formation mind we have no natural wingers really apart from giles as we got rid of them all

Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:51 am

Mick isn't on high wages so sacking him won't be that costly..

Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:08 am

Forever Blue wrote:100% DEF NOT

I agree. Wouldn’t be surprised if even after catastrophic results (losing next 8 out of 10) he’d still be here.

Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:21 am

piledriver64 wrote:

We've been in need for a sweeper, young Gabbidon type of player for years, I don't think we have anything like him a ball over the top or a player running at us and we've had it!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:34 pm

So for the West Brom Game and the Reading Game.

Smithies (just to give phillips a break from the onslaught of Goals against).
I would bite the bullet and play,
4 at the back ,
one just in front probably Pack ,(give a bit of protection)
3 midfield ,
2 up front .

Shore it up a bit and protect the back four (not three) i would play this for a few games, to hopefully get some points on the board and build up some confidence .. if we carry on as we are , we are in deep doo doo............

ALSO Mick get involved with a bit of Passion from the side line FFS.

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:03 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I agree. Wouldn’t be surprised if even after catastrophic results (losing next 8 out of 10) he’d still be here.

So we are stuck with mick for next 18mnths? and probably the loss of our youngsters like colwill to better clubs come end season ... because cannot have both either mick goes or the youngsters do?

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:11 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

So we are stuck with mick for next 18mnths? and probably the loss of our youngsters like colwill to better clubs come end season ... because cannot have both either mick goes or the youngsters do? As cannot see them wanting to stay playing the type of football we are playing for another season so even more youngsters in team that are not ready division one here we come..

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:52 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

So we are stuck with mick for next 18mnths? and probably the loss of our youngsters like colwill to better clubs come end season ... because cannot have both either mick goes or the youngsters do? As cannot see them wanting to stay playing the type of football we are playing for another season so even more youngsters in team that are not ready division one here we come..

Not saying I’m happy for him to say. Just what I think may well happen

Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:13 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Not saying I’m happy for him to say. Just what I think may well happen

So was I ......going on whats been said micks happy as Larry to be here and being a yes man and doesnt Care less if get relegated playing team of youngsters as that's all be left at end season with so many out contract and no money to replace experienced players.... and tbh that only means relegation next season plus wont be surprised to see several youngsters go like colwill to top end championship clubs to play better football......
I said at beginning of season need to replace mick at end season because to defensive last season showed that and he will ruin young talent nothing as changed to alter that view ...

Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:26 pm

Good clubs buy cheap players and sell high.. we buy high and give em away. As soon as Tan f***s off, the club may experience a change in fortune. Some of our signings Benny from Crossroads would advise against..

Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:03 pm

Its very doubtful we will win the next 3 games if we play the same way (might draw one of them).

Mick is a steady eddy and I guess he works well with Tan / Dalman and Choo.

He doesnt seem so enamoured with us though - seems to walk down the tunnel after every game if memory serves me correctly.

replaced by who ? - the only one who could carry on with this style is Pulis perhaps.

So it looks like more of the same for the foreseeable future

Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:31 pm

piledriver64 wrote:

Those 3 centre backs were our centre backs last season when we went on a blinding run.

Obviously something has changed considerably but it’s not the quality of the centre backs.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:19 pm

maccydee wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Those 3 centre backs were our centre backs last season when we went on a blinding run.

Obviously something has changed considerably but it’s not the quality of the centre backs.

Bennet and Murphy were very good down our left in that blinding run !

Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:36 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Yes, I tend to think the (so called) Committee will stick with him for now

The manager clearly has had a 'brief' imposed on him and the sudden and contradictory withdrawal of offers to several players over the Summer is testament to that

What needs to change is the approach to games and in many ways I see a similar situation to that of previous managers Russell Slade and Neil Harris developing, where their hands are totally tied

Mick McCarthy could do himself and the team a potential favour tonight by tweeking the style, bringing back the likes of Giles for a start and moving one or two others, maybe even Bacuna, to their natural positions

West Brom will be a test for us tonight and a Bluebird win would lighten the mood/tension somewhat

Over to you, Mick; time is still on your side but the hour glass is slowly and inevitably tilting to the vertical position... ;)