Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: AS CARDIFF FANS & WBA FANS SANG TOGETHER

Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:33 pm

MY VIEW / OPINION:

AS CARDIFF FANS & WBA FANS SANG TOGETHER YOUR GETTING SACKED IN THE MORNING ( MICK McCARTHY)

ABSOLUTELY SMASHED AGAIN & THIS TIME AT HOME :cry: :cry:

6 DEFEATS FROM 7 GAMES & DIRE FOOTBALL / PLUS NO QUALITY :cry: :cry:

UP & TILL TONIGHT CARDIFF HAD NOT TAKEN A SIMGLE POINT OF A TEAM ABOVE THE BOTTOM 7 OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP & ONCE AGAIN THIS CONTINUED.

Cardiff had lost their previous five out of six games, so tonight against 2nd in the Championship City once again lost,

James Collins was chosen over Kieffer Moore to start.

Ryan Giles started for the first time since seeing of through covid :bluebird: :bluebird:

First-Half: WBA scored in less than 5 mins :cry: WBA played football, City hoof balled and it came to nothing,

Second-Half: Nelson own goal with in 11mins :cry: :cry: City from then on totally outclassed :cry: :cry:

PLEASE NO POINT SAYING SACK MICK, AS THEY WONT SACK HIM, THE PROBLEM LIES WITH OUR BOARD END OFF

CARDIFF CITY 0 WBA 4 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
H-T 0-1

Crowd 17,363

Away Support 1,680

Cardiff City: Phillips; Nelson, McGuinness, Morrison, Flint, Brown; Pack, Vaulks; Bacuna, Collins, Giles.

Subs: Smithies, Bagan, Ng, Ralls, Colwill, Harris, Moore.

4 mins: Goal, Grant scores.

The striker picked the ball up unchallenged outside the Cardiff area, shifts it on to his right and drills it low and hard into the bottom corner.

Unstoppable from Phillips' perspective. Morrison should have done more to close him down. 0-1 :cry: :cry:

H-T 0-1 :cry: :cry:

GOAL! Cardiff City 0-2 West Brom (Nelson OG 56)
Oh no.

Phillips got a hand on a cross and it falls in the danger zone. Brown slides and tries to hook it clear, but it hits Callum Robinson and ricochets back towards goal.

Nelson cannot sort his feet out and smacks it against the post and in.

Horrible to watch, that. 0-2 :cry: :cry:

Cardiff subs: McGuinness off, Moore on.

Collins off, Harris on.

Colwill on for Vaulks.

GOAL! Cardiff City 0-3 West Brom (Mowatt 75)
Goal. Thunderbolt from Mowatt.

A cross his half cleared and Alex Mowatt slams it into the top corner on the half volley. :cry: :cry:

GOAL! Cardiff City 0-4 West Brom (Phillips 82)
Goal. Phillips scores.

A quick free-kick down the wing and Diangana crosses to Phillips at the back post. He is unmarked and smashes it past Phillips.

Ouch. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: AS CARDIFF FANS & WBA FANS SANG TOGETHER

Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:35 pm

CARDIFF FANS BOOED OFF TEAM 2ND GAME IN A ROW

Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:37 pm

He has to go. No reaction from any of the defeats lately. In fact, getting worse!

Questions need to be asked about that team selection tonight.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:40 pm

I dont understand how a team that is set up so defensively can concede 9 goals on 2 games.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:40 pm

Time for mm to go dire by city all over the park it hurts watching it

Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:46 pm

Tonight was a guaranteed defeat, the team are in free fall now. The fixtures have thrown us four matches against top six teams in succession which is some mitigation but the manner of the defeats is shocking. Utterly thrashed in the last two games is not acceptable. Yes the board have made horrendous errors and wasted money but the manager has made poor decisions with recruitment this summer and now its hurting. Reading will destroy us again on Saturday. Mick needs to show some dignity and walk now and the board need to release some funds for free transfers to freshen the team and give us a kick before we are in the bottom three. Once we get in there we will stay there. Sack McCarthy now.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:48 pm

Couldn't face going tonight.. Sad to watch that ball being abused every week.. Good choice..

Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:50 pm

They've striped our squad back to a level we haven't seen in quite some time. The fact MM keeps saying we have a strong squad is a complete joke. The bored constantly choosing dinosaurs and wanted to bring through a whole crop of kids in one season just shows you the level of football knowledge inside the club: 0.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:52 pm

Escott1927 wrote:I dont understand how a team that is set up so defensively can concede 9 goals on 2 games.

He's basically just setting up each week with the only objective not to concede, but if you have nothing going forward then all the other team will do is attack. It's getting beyond dire now.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:04 pm

Tan is the architect of all this.. not much MM can do with this bunch.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:23 pm

Yes the football has been poor but Let's be honest Mick has got his hands tied behind his back! Look at the state of our squad, it's significantly weaker than last seasons - No one can work with that. I'm scared for next year when Morrison becomes a free agent as I'll be gutted to see him go but I can only see more cost cutting/bargain basement signings and players coming to the end of contracts not being renewed. This is 100% the boards fault. I know cost cutting was essential but they haven't had a clue what they're doing for years and keep on making terrible decision after terrible decision! Survival is the aim this year.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:30 pm

Travelled down for this 3 hours got absolutely soaked on the way to the ground and watched and even bigger shower of sh.t what an embarrassment thsts my last game this season until
mc'carthy goes beciming a laughing stock to all other clubs and the board need a rocket up the ar.e i would rather play with no manager than mick the dinasour.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:38 am

Crowd 17,363 Away Support 1,680

Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:57 am

rumpo kid wrote:Tan is the architect of all this.. not much MM can do with this bunch.

Disagree sorry, Tan may be partly to blame with not giving backing but ultimately its Mick who picks the team and 5 cbs and 3 defensive midfielders (2 of which in Bacuna and Vaulks are poor every game) is just unacceptable. We are playing not to lose and its showing with our lack of efforts on goal. Mick and TC are the ones coaching this team to play in this way.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:47 am

scottydoesntknow wrote:Yes the football has been poor but Let's be honest Mick has got his hands tied behind his back! Look at the state of our squad, it's significantly weaker than last seasons - No one can work with that. I'm scared for next year when Morrison becomes a free agent as I'll be gutted to see him go but I can only see more cost cutting/bargain basement signings and players coming to the end of contracts not being renewed. This is 100% the boards fault. I know cost cutting was essential but they haven't had a clue what they're doing for years and keep on making terrible decision after terrible decision! Survival is the aim this year.

So you would keep the players like Morrison that are part of the problem with way we play? No manager can change way we play with the players that are out of contract end season most if not all need to go along with mick if we are to change style play and bring on the youngsters... plenty of good and better players on free transfers be available next season and with lower wage demands ... font think we are alone in this situation other clubs next season will be feeling the pinch financially.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:25 pm

Cardiff failed to register a single shot on target against the Baggies and many fans were left bewildered at the team McCarthy selected for the game.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:35 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Tan is the architect of all this.. not much MM can do with this bunch.

Most of this bunch made it to the play offs under Harris and some got us promoted with Warnock. But sure, it was Tan who decided on 5 CBs and no plan B last night :roll:

Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:44 pm

Who the fcuk would have given Mick a couple of million to spend ?

That's right, none of you !!

He played 5 centre halves, two are lower league standard
He has played Bacuna out of position all season !!!!

We recruited Wintle and Mick used his Irish contacts and brought in Collins, yes for free but we'll have to pay him until his contract is up. How good is Collins. Then we sent Wintle out to get game time because we are so blessed in midfield, in other words, the committee signed him but Mick doesn't fancy him. He is tearing up trees at Blackpool, Josh will probably be championship top scorer to kick us further in the gonads.

The only thing the board/committee have done correctly in the last decade is not given Mick any money.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:59 pm

Tan's cut backs remind me of the donkey's owner who cut his food everyday for a month and then the donkey died.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:58 pm

Why do the players practice one touch passing and moving in a small square before the game, to then kick the shit out of the ball as soon as the whistle blows? :roll: