Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MM has to go NOW. Tan has to sell up NOW

Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:35 pm

Re: MM has to go NOW. Tan has to sell up NOW

Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:51 pm

as if there are people queuing up to buy us..
be careful what you wish for

Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:11 pm

Bonner wrote:as if there are people queuing up to buy us..

Not wishing to sound rude, but it has already been established by others on this board that there is a high likelihood of a buyer if Tan would do the right thing.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:25 pm

Barclay1 wrote:

Not wishing to sound rude, but it has already been established by others on this board that there is a high likelihood of a buyer if Tan would do the right thing.

Define right thing?

What price for the club?

How is any new owner gonna skirt FFP rules?

Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:54 pm

Barclay1 wrote:

so new owners- same problem.. need to cost cut

saw the crazy Sam H thread:-)
keep that bloke well away from our club please...

Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:56 pm

Barclay1 wrote:

Quote (you): "it has already been established by others on this board"

We'd already established that but the truth is that (at least) two bids have been made in the last season or so; one was withdrawn after seeing the books and the other rejected after one of those involved came to light and the plug was pulled from this end

Are those potential buyers still available? Those particularly ITK (certainly not including me) seem to think so; but the original issue seemingly remains

What we need more than anything right now is a 'statement of intent' from the owner himself rather than one of his errand boys; partucularly not the politician

I'm not sure the manager will go quite yet but he must be on borrowed time and something clearly has to give/change

Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:48 pm

Sven wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:

Quote (you): "it has already been established by others on this board"

We'd already established that but the truth is that (at least) two bids have been made in the last season or so; one was withdrawn after seeing the books and the other rejected after one of those involved came to light and the plug was pulled from this end

Are those potential buyers still available? Those particularly ITK (certainly not including me) seem to think so; but the original issue seemingly remains

What we need more than anything right now is a 'statement of intent' from the owner himself rather than one of his errand boys; partucularly not the politician

I'm not sure the manager will go quite yet but he must be on borrowed time and something clearly has to give/change

Good post Chris.
If we fail to win Saturday and lose to the jacks that could be it imo. Particularly if the performances are that bad.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:24 am

Selling a football club is not as simple as selling peanuts? Take a look around you and see the clubs in trouble because owner hasn't sold club for various reasons ... mike Ashley wouldt sell to multi billion consortium why? And it wasn't 1st time declined to sell up even though fans would love him to go and he says wants to go what's stopped him?... so for tan to sell what will it take..:old:

Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:20 am

The man will cling on because of his pride, however his regard for his customers, not supporters - he has never seen us as supporters - is lower than a snakes belly.

What will MAKE him sell? I believe losing a court case against Sam might just tip the balance.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:54 am

Don’t get me wrong I loved the Sam Hamamm years. It turned our core die hard from about 4,000 to 10,000. Away trips I still reminisce about now. Leeds in the FA Cup, QPR in the playoffs. So many amazing memories. He clearly got carried away and clearly loved the club.

But…..

I also remember Black Friday.
I also remember the promises never to sell Earnie or Gabbs or our other ‘diamonds.’

It was turbulent. We couldn’t pay wages or bills and we were left in a position where we had to sell a player a year to survive. Sometimes even that wasn’t enough and after Sam (under new ownership) we had numerous court cases. I can’t remember if we did under Sam for sure but I do remember some issues with HMRC.

He left us top of the table but by then his influence had waned and he left too quietly for someone who gave us so much. Then the court cases followed and the reality of Langstone being Sam came out. It all left a sore taste.

However, anything can be forgiven (although evidently not the rebrand).

However much I like Sam it’s being said he is now very wealthy. While I don’t doubt the integrity of this it would be excellent on his behalf to go against the grain as many are not wealthy due to Covid. Maybe it doesn’t exist in Lebanon like it doesn’t in Nukes’ head.

I would question how wealthy?? Tan is a billionaire. Or certainly a high hundreds multi millionaire. Premier league would be the goal so that these funds can be spent as we are at our limit in the championship. Unless he did a Bournemouth and took risks but then we may end up like Derby.

If we had Sam back, and it was the Sam we had in the early 2000s and he had the same impact it could massively kick start the club. We could go on an amazing ride that sets us all up for years of enjoying our club again. Most importantly it could engage the youth in our club and we could finally get regular sell outs at the stadium Sam dreamt of (but couldn’t deliver and Tan expanded).

If he does buy us I hope it goes well. It will certainly make this site even more interesting. It could go wrong though and I am basing that on history. On the pitch isn’t great at the moment but there is a stability with Tan as our guardian. A stability we won’t have with Sam.