Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ CARDIFF CITY SO THIS IS WHERE WE ARE “

Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:37 pm

Maybe this is the year to implement that change of style, we could probably get away with finishing on 40 points and stay up.
Just move Morrison up, let’s play football. I think I’d even take relegation and a new way over this constant treadmill of Shite.
We know Tan won’t have it though, happy to finish 8th to 18th every year, fluke the odd promotion and try and recoup some of the millions HE and his mgt have wasted over the years…..I honestly can’t work out why Tan is still here, he doesn’t even invest when we go up

Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:The owners / the people at the Top have to at least share some of the blame, if you don’t see that , then your need to open your eyes as that is reality .

As to Mick, I totally agree with your comments about how he is playing our players etc :thumbright:

If anyone needs to open their eyes (and their mind) it is you Annis. You have been asked several times would you either cut costs or spend money we don't have and almost certainly face a points deduction, which could happen in League One if were relegated despite breaching P&S/FFP.

Selling the club is not a silver bullet as any new owner would have to deal with the same dilemma. So is it cut costs and stabilise the club or is it gamble and end up like Derby, Sheffield W and Reading?

Tony,

Have you ever run a big business with 70 people under you??

Your love for Tan is beyond belief.

I have answered many times Tan has run our club beyond badly shall I say and been clueless with how it should of been run.
We are in this mess because of him and his committee , so now we are skint with a squad hardly worth anything.

You have to accept for years they have run our club beyond belief , not knowing what to do.

If your happy with the way things are , well you and a few others are really out their on your own.

Let’s see if the crowds still keep coming and believe in you and Tan.

I think I won’t call you Tony in future, just Tan.

Annis we have heard your rhetoric many, many, times what we haven't heard is your response to the question I have reasonably asked.

What would YOU do cut costs and stabilise the club or spend money we don't have at face a points deduction?

And to remind you the same dilemma would be faced even if the club was sold

I never got us in this position, I have run 17 different businesses and all were losing money when we took over, when we left all making money .
Our way was Hands on approach and 24/7 till we got it making money.

The problem is Tan is letting others on very high wages and expenses run our club.

It needs a hands on approach, if you also cost cut to much you become in danger of not producing the goods.

That’s my answer.

TONY,

NOW CAN YOU ANSWER ALL MY QUESTIONS PLEASE?

I notice you always disappear on answering, then come back on a new thread with a another dig at me, so answer all mine.

You haven't answered my questions :laughing5: :laughing5: For the record and the umpteenth time what is your opinion, should we cut costs and comply with P&S/FFP or do you (in your opinion) believe we should spend money we haven't got and face a points deduction?

BTW I have other things to do during the day I can't look at this website 24/7

Now as I have a backbone I will answer your questions even though they are not relevant.

I have run a business but it did-not employ 70 people. I am used to dealing with finances and have help numerous people with debt related problems. I also understand the implications of Profit and Sustainability Rules on CCFC and other clubs. I am not claiming to be an expert but I understand enough to realise your 'sell the club' solution is not a silver bullet.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:The owners / the people at the Top have to at least share some of the blame, if you don’t see that , then your need to open your eyes as that is reality .

As to Mick, I totally agree with your comments about how he is playing our players etc :thumbright:

If anyone needs to open their eyes (and their mind) it is you Annis. You have been asked several times would you either cut costs or spend money we don't have and almost certainly face a points deduction, which could happen in League One if were relegated despite breaching P&S/FFP.

Selling the club is not a silver bullet as any new owner would have to deal with the same dilemma. So is it cut costs and stabilise the club or is it gamble and end up like Derby, Sheffield W and Reading?

Tony,

Have you ever run a big business with 70 people under you??

Your love for Tan is beyond belief.

I have answered many times Tan has run our club beyond badly shall I say and been clueless with how it should of been run.
We are in this mess because of him and his committee , so now we are skint with a squad hardly worth anything.

You have to accept for years they have run our club beyond belief , not knowing what to do.

If your happy with the way things are , well you and a few others are really out their on your own.

Let’s see if the crowds still keep coming and believe in you and Tan.

I think I won’t call you Tony in future, just Tan.

Annis we have heard your rhetoric many, many, times what we haven't heard is your response to the question I have reasonably asked.

What would YOU do cut costs and stabilise the club or spend money we don't have at face a points deduction?

And to remind you the same dilemma would be faced even if the club was sold

I never got us in this position, I have run 17 different businesses and all were losing money when we took over, when we left all making money .
Our way was Hands on approach and 24/7 till we got it making money.

The problem is Tan is letting others on very high wages and expenses run our club.

It needs a hands on approach, if you also cost cut to much you become in danger of not producing the goods.

That’s my answer.

TONY,

NOW CAN YOU ANSWER ALL MY QUESTIONS PLEASE?

I notice you always disappear on answering, then come back on a new thread with a another dig at me, so answer all mine.

You haven't answered my questions :laughing5: :laughing5: For the record and the umpteenth time what is your opinion, should we cut costs and comply with P&S/FFP or do you (in your opinion) believe we should spend money we haven't got and face a points deduction?

BTW I have other things to do during the day I can't look at this website 24/7

Now as I have a backbone I will answer your questions even though they are not relevant.

I have run a business but it did-not employ 70 people. I am used to dealing with finances and have help numerous people with debt related problems. I also understand the implications of Profit and Sustainability Rules on CCFC and other clubs. I am not claiming to be an expert but I understand enough to realise your 'sell the club' solution is not a silver bullet.

Tony,

NO I would not break the rules.

But we are spending way way below it anyway .

You’ve hardly answered anything.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:12 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Allan I can tell you that Ken reports everything to Tan constantly.

Every decision is made by Tan and Ken Choo has no say in it.

With regards to McCarthy, I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think with the present situation that his position is untenable.

The pressure will increase on him and the club especially with another home game on Saturday and the dwindling attendances.

Ken Choo works for Vincent Tan so why is it so unusual that he follows his bosses wishes? Don't we all do that whilst in work?

As for MM after last night and his team selection I honestly believe he either has no idea or wants to be sacked.

I’m completely lost to what your point is.

I never claimed it’s unusual that he follows his bosses wishes. I was confirming that Ken Choo reports everything to Tan to Allan as he asked the question.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:22 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Annis
Everything say is true apart from board members never seen? Ken choo is at most games exchanged pleasantries with him last night surely he must tell tan what's happening and what the fans think and want? but not seen Dalman at all..... did speak to other people associated with club and let's just say not thrilled at way team is playing.... to me micks position is untenable with the reaction of crowd go one down on Saturday and things be even worse.... will whats happening make tan reconsider selling club quicker let's hope so for sake of the club and fans.

Allan I can tell you that Ken reports everything to Tan constantly.

Every decision is made by Tan and Ken Choo has no say in it.

With regards to McCarthy, I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think with the present situation that his position is untenable.

The pressure will increase on him and the club especially with another home game on Saturday and the dwindling attendances.

We lose 1st goal Saturday can you imagine the fans reaction ? That will surely effect the players last night can see the reaction of players to losing 1st goal plus the booing of ball being sent long and cheers when played on floor..... not sure tan would tolerate the situation escalating with city in relegation position.... forget the clubs expecting to be docked points that may not happen this season because of appeals? Would tan risk div 1 considering teams like Sunderland have failed to get out despite better players bought than most clubs in division! Seriously think mick be gone if lose Saturday...... international break good opportunity to give Morrison chance with temp charge as know players ..... if mick goes next appointment is critical yo clubs future because any more managers like mick will see fans totally disillusioned and abandoning club on match days does tan want that not sure he does.

Personally, I hope I’m wrong and he’s gone after Saturdays game as you say but I just don’t think he will be.

Yes the next appointment is critical as it was when we appointed McCarthy but the committee messed it up.

A change is needed and a radical one but I’m not holding my breath.