“ CARDIFF CITY SO THIS IS WHERE WE ARE “

Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:20 am

After 10 Championship games

And 6 defeats in last 7 outings

Conceded 9 goals in last 2 games

Never taken a point from a team above 7th from bottom of the Championship

A squad full of many players who would be lucky to make League 1

A manager who loves the hoof ball and has No plan B

A board who are clueless regarding football and want out, but want to much money.

All live away from Cardiff and are virtually never ever seen

Plus a manager who says what he bosses want to hear “WE HAVE A BIG SQUAD / STRENGTH IN DEPTH / FULL OF QUALITY “

Yet 13 players left and only three brought in.

Thankfully Cardiff will be saved thanks to Derby & Reading

Tuesday Aug 24 Cardiff 0 Brighton 2 :cry: League Cup Rd 2 Crowd 6,013 Away Support ( 492)

Sat Aug 28 Cardiff City 1 Bristol City 2 :cry: :cry: Crowd 20,891 Away Support ( 2,440)

Sunday Sep 12 Nottingham Forest 1 Cardiff City 2 Crowd 24,153 Away Support ( 1,668) :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Sep 15 Coventry City 1 Cardiff City 0 :cry: :cry: Crowd Away Support ( 1,277)

Sat Sep 18 Cardiff City 0 A.F.C. Bournemouth 1 :cry: :cry: Crowd 19,090 Away Support (1,452)

Sat Sep 25 Blackburn Rovers 5 Cardiff City 1 Crowd 11,670 Away (940) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tue Sep 28 Cardiff City 0 West Bromwich Albion 4 Crowd 17,363 Away Support 1,680 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sat Oct 2 Cardiff City v Reading

- Swansea City v Cardiff City – 12pm, Sunday 17th October (Sky Sports) £30,000 for Cardiff City :thumbright:

- Fulham (A) – 7:45pm, Wednesday 20th October

- Middlesbrough (H) – 12:30pm, Saturday 23rd October (Sky Sports) £150,000 for Cardiff City :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat Oct 30 Stoke City A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ CARDIFF CITY SO THIS IS WHERE WE ARE “

Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:14 am

Annis
Everything say is true apart from board members never seen? Ken choo is at most games exchanged pleasantries with him last night surely he must tell tan what's happening and what the fans think and want? but not seen Dalman at all..... did speak to other people associated with club and let's just say not thrilled at way team is playing.... to me micks position is untenable with the reaction of crowd go one down on Saturday and things be even worse.... will whats happening make tan reconsider selling club quicker let's hope so for sake of the club and fans.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:21 am

pembroke allan wrote:Annis
Everything say is true apart from board members never seen? Ken choo is at most games exchanged pleasantries with him last night surely he must tell tan what's happening and what the fans think and want? but not seen Dalman at all..... did speak to other people associated with club and let's just say not thrilled at way team is playing.... to me micks position is untenable with the reaction of crowd go one down on Saturday and things be even worse.... will whats happening make tan reconsider selling club quicker let's hope so for sake of the club and fans.

Yes Allan,

Your right Ken is paid to turn up and be the frontman for Tan & Dalman.

I have got to know Ken Choo very well over the years, always happy, pleasant and smiling. But he says want he wants you to hear and would be frightened to say to many bad things. Yes he will say it’s not good as the results say it, BUT Tan has given orders to Mick to put 10 players from U23 squad in first team, No buying of players , No more loans if we have to pay towards them etc etc so for now Mick’s job is very safe.

Only if Tan sees relegation then Mick will go and as Derby & Reading are ahead of us and a few of the clubs that just came up , Tan will be told we are quite safe.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:49 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Yes Allan,

I have got to know Ken Choo very well over the years, always happy, pleasant and smiling. But he says want he wants you to hear and would be frightened to say to many bad things. Yes he will say it’s not good as the results say it, BUT Tan has given orders to Mick to put 10 players from U23 squad in first team, No buying of players , No more loans if we have to pay towards them etc etc so for now Mick’s job is very safe.

Only if Tan sees relegation then Mick will go and as Derby & Reading are ahead of us and a few of the clubs that just came up , Tan will be told we are quite safe.

I completely disagree, We are not safe. Although Derby and Reading are in trouble with points reductions they still have decent squads and will still pick up points. It's hard to see where Cardiff's next point is coming from. The last thing Tan needs to be told is we are safe and sleepwalk through the January transfer window with nobody coming in.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:52 am

Forever Blue wrote:After 10 Championship games

A board who are clueless regarding football and want out, but want to much money.

Plus a manager who says what he bosses want to hear “WE HAVE A BIG SQUAD / STRENGTH IN DEPTH / FULL OF QUALITY “

Tuesday Aug 24 Cardiff 0 Brighton 2 :cry: League Cup Rd 2 Crowd 6,013 Away Support ( 492)

Sat Aug 28 Cardiff City 1 Bristol City 2 :cry: :cry: Crowd 20,891 Away Support ( 2,440)

Sunday Sep 12 Nottingham Forest 1 Cardiff City 2 Crowd 24,153 Away Support ( 1,668) :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Sep 15 Coventry City 1 Cardiff City 0 :cry: :cry: Crowd Away Support ( 1,277)

Sat Sep 18 Cardiff City 0 A.F.C. Bournemouth 1 :cry: :cry: Crowd 19,090 Away Support (1,452)

Sat Sep 25 Blackburn Rovers 5 Cardiff City 1 Crowd 11,670 Away (940) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tue Sep 28 Cardiff City 0 West Bromwich Albion 4 Crowd 17,363 Away Support 1,680 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

- Swansea City v Cardiff City – 12pm, Sunday 17th October (Sky Sports) £30,000 for Cardiff City :thumbright:

- Middlesbrough (H) – 12:30pm, Saturday 23rd October (Sky Sports) £150,000 for Cardiff City :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat Oct 30 Stoke City A

Derby and Reading would only account for 2 spots annis, there is three relegation spots so as for lucky I don't think so, we are in real danger even more so with forest having new manager and actually starting to pick up points, even Peterborough will turn over some teams whilst we look like we can't even get in the opposition half

Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:59 am

If those are Tans directives - ie give the U23 a go and see how they go - then it has to be applauded many on here have been clamoring for the youth to be included - but probably not all at the same time.

Heads have dropped - and I would suggest the players dont know where their next win is coming from. Maybe a lack of character and voice on the pitch. A couple of bad results doesnt make it a disaster BUT something needs to change - tactics / players / formation etc.

If there is only Plan A - then other teams have sussed us out - who is going to stand up in that squad and coaching team and make the change ?

After the first goal last night (looking at the highlights) heads dropped and they knew they were never going to win.

That is the job of MM and TC to fix

Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:03 am

Honestly id think I'm more likely to renew in league 1 than the championship at the moment. Be change from same old teams. And we may be competitive :lol:

Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:16 am

danielrees17 wrote:

Sat Oct 30 Stoke City A

Derby and Reading would only account for 2 spots annis, there is three relegation spots so as for lucky I don't think so, we are in real danger even more so with forest having new manager and actually starting to pick up points, even Peterborough will turn over some teams whilst we look like we can't even get in the opposition half

I agree but the squad is good enough to still beat teams near the bottom, but it is very very worrying.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:19 am

Forever Blue wrote:
danielrees17 wrote:

Sat Oct 30 Stoke City A

I agree but the squad is good enough to still beat teams near the bottom, but it is very very worrying.

I agree the squad is good enough to beat them teams around us BUT not with mick mccarthys attempt at "football" I fully believe he has lost the dressing room and if he is here for reading game I fully expect them to beat us

Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:37 am

Allan I can tell you that Ken reports everything to Tan constantly.

Every decision is made by Tan and Ken Choo has no say in it.

With regards to McCarthy, I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think with the present situation that his position is untenable.

The pressure will increase on him and the club especially with another home game on Saturday and the dwindling attendances.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:30 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

With regards to McCarthy, I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think with the present situation that his position is untenable.

The pressure will increase on him and the club especially with another home game on Saturday and the dwindling attendances.

We lose 1st goal Saturday can you imagine the fans reaction ? That will surely effect the players last night can see the reaction of players to losing 1st goal plus the booing of ball being sent long and cheers when played on floor..... not sure tan would tolerate the situation escalating with city in relegation position.... forget the clubs expecting to be docked points that may not happen this season because of appeals? Would tan risk div 1 considering teams like Sunderland have failed to get out despite better players bought than most clubs in division! Seriously think mick be gone if lose Saturday...... international break good opportunity to give Morrison chance with temp charge as know players ..... if mick goes next appointment is critical yo clubs future because any more managers like mick will see fans totally disillusioned and abandoning club on match days does tan want that not sure he does.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:30 am

Sorry but this thread was a good one until the OP started, yet again, to use it to have a pop at the current owners.

Whist there is no doubt that money is an issue right now, would you rather we end up like Derby and Reading (with more to come I hear) ?

What we can't do is let this thread deflect from the incompetence of the manager. You could argue that the Board should never have given him a full time contract but not many would have had that opinion after he had taken us from possible relegation candidates to within a few points of the playoffs with the same players as Harris.

Even with the limitations of this squad McCarthy defied belief with his selection and game management last night.

1. Playing in 5 big strong, but slow, centre halves with none of them able to pass the ball.
2. Allowing the formation to continue until past the hour mark when you could tell within 5 mins of kick-off it wasn't working.
3.Apparently McCarthy says he played with 5 defenders because he knew we'd have to stop the goals flying in. That's schoolboy stuff, if that was right he may as well have played with 10 defenders !! It's about partnerships and shape not numbers !!
4. When he did make the change he took off McGuinness who was the only one of the back 5 who even tried to pass the ball.
5. Playing Bacuna as an attacking player, he's not !!
6. Even if Moore is out of form he's still the best attacker we have and when he came on we at least had somebody to hold the ball up, if we could get it to him !!
7. We have a creative player in Colwill, and whilst he might not want to play the youngster in every game surely he needs to persevere with him in home games.

There's more but frankly I can't be bothered to list them.

Mind you, some on here will probably say that Tan picked the team and was phoning through tactics to McCarthy during the game so it's all his fault :roll: :banghead:

Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:37 am

piledriver64 wrote:Sorry but this thread was a good one until the OP started, yet again, to use it to have a pop at the current owners.

Whist there is no doubt that money is an issue right now, would you rather we end up like Derby and Reading (with more to come I hear) ?

What we can't do is let this thread deflect from the incompetence of the manager. You could argue that the Board should never have given him a full time contract but not many would have had that opinion after he had taken us from possible relegation candidates to within a few points of the playoffs with the same players as Harris.

Even with the limitations of this squad McCarthy defied belief with his selection and game management last night.

1. Playing in 5 big strong, but slow, centre halves with none of them able to pass the ball.
2. Allowing the formation to continue until past the hour mark when you could tell within 5 mins of kick-off it wasn't working.
3.Apparently McCarthy says he played with 5 defenders because he knew we'd have to stop the goals flying in. That's schoolboy stuff, if that was right he may as well have played with 10 defenders !! It's about partnerships and shape not numbers !!
4. When he did make the change he took off McGuinness who was the only one of the back 5 who even tried to pass the ball.
6. Even if Moore is out of form he's still the best attacker we have and when he came on we at least had somebody to hold the ball up, if we could get it to him !!
7. We have a creative player in Colwill, and whilst he might not want to play the youngster in every game surely he needs to persevere with him in home games.

Mind you, some on here will probably say that Tan picked the team and was phoning through tactics to McCarthy during the game so it's all his fault :roll: :banghead:

People actually believe tan selects the team their tactics and when to make substitutions? Yes can criticise hyarchy for most things wrong with club but what happens on pitch is down to players and mick? to say otherwise is to deflect from having a dinosaur manager too set in ways to change while football as passed him by tactically.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:42 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Ken Choo works for Vincent Tan so why is it so unusual that he follows his bosses wishes? Don't we all do that whilst in work?

As for MM after last night and his team selection I honestly believe he either has no idea or wants to be sacked.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:44 am

piledriver64 wrote:Sorry but this thread was a good one until the OP started, yet again, to use it to have a pop at the current owners.

The owners / the people at the Top have to at least share some of the blame, if you don’t see that , then your need to open your eyes as that is reality .

As to Mick, I totally agree with your comments about how he is playing our players etc :thumbright:

Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:45 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Yes Allan,

I see your point Annis and I can possibly see that happening too. The worry for me is that if the quality continues to be like last night we’ll be playing to crowds of less than 10 K soon.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:52 am

It's time for Dalman and Choo to go

They are responsible for a succession of poor appointments that has left us in this mess and responsible for millions of Tans money being wasted. A motion of no confidence should surely be aimed at these people. They should not be allowed to preside over the appointment of another manager.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:52 am

pembroke allan wrote:

People actually believe tan selects the team their tactics and when to make substitutions? Yes can criticise hyarchy for most things wrong with club but what happens on pitch is down to players and mick? to say otherwise is to deflect from having a dinosaur manager too set in ways to change while football as passed him by tactically.

Great post Allan. Of course Tan doesn't pick the team, choose tactics or call the timing on substitutions. That is down to MM and the poor form is down to the players.

The board have their job to do. If they do a bad job (managerial appointments is an obvious one) then that is fair criticism.

However, balancing the books so that we comply with P&S/FFP is not a failing by the Board. They have a responsibility to do that and protect this club from points deduction. If we are relegated this season (I don't think we will) but for arguments sake if we were, then the last thing we need is a points deduction next season in League One because we panicked and spent money we don't have on journeymen players who might or might not be up to the job.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:54 am

Reading your posts Tony, how come you back Vincent Tan on everything?

Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:55 am

Only Problem With Sacking McCarthy

Is that squad will still be there for the next manager.

We have snookered ourselves into a situation where we’ve made so many bad signings in recent years and got rid of any talent in the last window, that now the manager is stuck with a squad he can’t even rotate or change the formation of. We’ve bought players who have barely kicked a ball for City before getting loaned out, or sold on the cheap after blowing expensive fees on them. There is zero strategy.

We had 5 centre backs on the pitch tonight, at home, Moore on the bench and throwing kids on to save the day. There is no real pattern of play and we lack pace, quality and creativity across the pitch. Yes the buck stops with the manager, he trains, picks and sets the tactics for the team. But surely it’s time for the board to also take the hit now. Time for them to go or make sweeping changes at that level.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:59 am

Always City wrote:Only Problem With Sacking McCarthy

Is that squad will still be there for the next manager.

We have snookered ourselves into a situation where we’ve made so many bad signings in recent years and got rid of any talent in the last window, that now the manager is stuck with a squad he can’t even rotate or change the formation of. We’ve bought players who have barely kicked a ball for City before getting loaned out, or sold on the cheap after blowing expensive fees on them. There is zero strategy.

We had 5 centre backs on the pitch tonight, at home, Moore on the bench and throwing kids on to save the day. There is no real pattern of play and we lack pace, quality and creativity across the pitch. Yes the buck stops with the manager, he trains, picks and sets the tactics for the team. But surely it’s time for the board to also take the hit now. Time for them to go or make sweeping changes at that level.

This squad is easily good enough to finish mid-table.

No doubt about that in my mind. But with MM in charge relegation is a worry.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:00 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Great post Allan. Of course Tan doesn't pick the team, choose tactics or call the timing on substitutions. That is down to MM and the poor form is down to the players.

The board have their job to do. If they do a bad job (managerial appointments is an obvious one) then that is fair criticism.

However, balancing the books so that we comply with P&S/FFP is not a failing by the Board. They have a responsibility to do that and protect this club from points deduction. If we are relegated this season (I don't think we will) but for arguments sake if we were, then the last thing we need is a points deduction next season in League One because we panicked and spent money we don't have on journeymen players who might or might not be up to the job.

Yes club is a mess at moment but as we've seen others are in a worse mess and are bigger clubs than we are....but it is very difficult to see way out of it until tan sees the light and makes most of his idea of us producing young talent? That appears to be working but without the nessasary forward thinking manager to bring them on the danger is we will lose the very best like colwill to bigger championship clubs especially the relegated clubs with money and almost certainly 90% chance of getting promoted again as we are seeing in past 2yrs ....

Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:07 am

Forever Blue wrote:The owners / the people at the Top have to at least share some of the blame, if you don’t see that , then your need to open your eyes as that is reality .

As to Mick, I totally agree with your comments about how he is playing our players etc :thumbright:

If anyone needs to open their eyes (and their mind) it is you Annis. You have been asked several times would you either cut costs or spend money we don't have and almost certainly face a points deduction, which could happen in League One if were relegated despite breaching P&S/FFP.

Selling the club is not a silver bullet as any new owner would have to deal with the same dilemma. So is it cut costs and stabilise the club or is it gamble and end up like Derby, Sheffield W and Reading?

Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:12 am

pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Yes club is a mess at moment but as we've seen others are in a worse mess and are bigger clubs than we are....but it is very difficult to see way out of it until tan sees the light and makes most of his idea of us producing young talent? That appears to be working but without the nessasary forward thinking manager to bring them on the danger is we will lose the very best like colwill to bigger championship clubs especially the relegated clubs with money and almost certainly 90% chance of getting promoted again as we are seeing in past 2yrs ....

Couldn't agree more. Personally I think MM's team selection last night was a massive hint he wants out. I now believe that would be a good thing for this club.

Your are right about bringing through the new young talent as that seems to be our only way out of the dilemma we are in at the moment.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:12 am

Forever Blue wrote:The owners / the people at the Top have to at least share some of the blame, if you don’t see that , then your need to open your eyes as that is reality .

If anyone needs to open their eyes (and their mind) it is you Annis. You have been asked several times would you either cut costs or spend money we don't have and almost certainly face a points deduction, which could happen in League One if were relegated despite breaching P&S/FFP.

Selling the club is not a silver bullet as any new owner would have to deal with the same dilemma. So is it cut costs and stabilise the club or is it gamble and end up like Derby, Sheffield W and Reading?

Tony,

Have you ever run a big business with 70 people under you??

Your love for Tan is beyond belief.

I have answered many times Tan has run our club beyond badly shall I say and been clueless with how it should of been run.
We are in this mess because of him and his committee , so now we are skint with a squad hardly worth anything.

You have to accept for years they have run our club beyond belief , not knowing what to do.

If your happy with the way things are , well you and a few others are really out their on your own.

Let’s see if the crowds still keep coming and believe in you and Tan.

I think I won’t call you Tony in future, just Tan.

I told you before three months ago I know exactly what’s going on and this is going to be a worse than awful season. But you just smashed me down for honesty.

If your so right, where are the crowds ?

Why is the 95% of fans fuming with how our club is being run?

Answer all this ?

Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:18 am

pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Couldn't agree more. Personally I think MM's team selection last night was a massive hint he wants out. I now believe that would be a good thing for this club.

Your are right about bringing through the new young talent as that seems to be our only way out of the dilemma we are in at the moment.

And who will take the job, with NO money at all??

Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:19 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Tony,

I have answered many times Tan has run our club beyond badly shall I say and been clueless with how it should of been run.
We are in this mess because of him and his committee , so now we are skint with a squad hardly worth anything.

You have to accept for years they have run our club beyond belief , not knowing what to do.

If your happy with the way things are , well you and a few others are really out their on your own.

Annis we have heard your rhetoric many, many, times what we haven't heard is your response to the question I have reasonably asked.

What would YOU do cut costs and stabilise the club or spend money we don't have at face a points deduction?

And to remind you the same dilemma would be faced even if the club was sold

Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:21 am

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

And who will take the job, with NO money at all??

Good question but Allan is correct that MM is not the best option for progressing our younger players.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:24 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Tony,

Annis we have heard your rhetoric many, many, times what we haven't heard is your response to the question I have reasonably asked.

What would YOU do cut costs and stabilise the club or spend money we don't have at face a points deduction?

And to remind you the same dilemma would be faced even if the club was sold

I never got us in this position, I have run 17 different businesses and all were losing money when we took over, when we left all making money .
Our way was Hands on approach and 24/7 till we got it making money.

The problem is Tan is letting others on very high wages and expenses run our club.

It needs a hands on approach, if you also cost cut to much you become in danger of not producing the goods.

That’s my answer.

TONY,

NOW CAN YOU ANSWER ALL MY QUESTIONS PLEASE?

I notice you always disappear on answering, then come back on a new thread with a another dig at me, so answer all mine.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:35 am

This thread will go onto the usual Tan lovers and haters stuff but to the OP.

The squad is good enough to survive, but Mick looks like he has gone down a rabbit hole with selections and tactics. The 5 centre halfs two defensive midfielders with a central midfielder as a forward is bordering on incompetence or negligence.

When the team pinged on my phone an hour before the game i guess every one of us said "WTF !!!" that selection set the tone of the crowd. The people who sit around me and I never see eye to eye on the games or players but all of us were dejected when we sat down prior to the kick off and all agreed a drubbing was on the cards.

I think looking at the squad Mick is probably the best solution, but he needs to change things. 20th would be satisfactory this season but preferably 16th ~ 12th.

Undoubtedly Mick needs to go at the end of the season but we need to start looking at drawing up a list for his potential replacement now.