Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Only Problem With Sacking McCarthy Is that squad

Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:55 am

Only Problem With Sacking McCarthy

Is that squad will still be there for the next manager.

We have snookered ourselves into a situation where we’ve made so many bad signings in recent years and got rid of any talent in the last window, that now the manager is stuck with a squad he can’t even rotate or change the formation of. We’ve bought players who have barely kicked a ball for City before getting loaned out, or sold on the cheap after blowing expensive fees on them. There is zero strategy.

We had 5 centre backs on the pitch tonight, at home, Moore on the bench and throwing kids on to save the day. There is no real pattern of play and we lack pace, quality and creativity across the pitch. Yes the buck stops with the manager, he trains, picks and sets the tactics for the team. But surely it’s time for the board to also take the hit now. Time for them to go or make sweeping changes at that level.

Re: Only Problem With Sacking McCarthy Is that squad

Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:17 am

I agree. It’s a shame the season hasn’t just ended so we could shift the dead wood and hopefully give the new man more of a clean slate.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:22 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I agree. It’s a shame the season hasn’t just ended so we could shift the dead wood and hopefully give the new man more of a clean slate.

We shifted enough dead wood last season and literally signed no replacements. What makes you think it would be different?

Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:33 am

jimmy_rat wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I agree. It’s a shame the season hasn’t just ended so we could shift the dead wood and hopefully give the new man more of a clean slate.

We shifted enough dead wood last season and literally signed no replacements. What makes you think it would be different?

Only be different if we get in a more upto date manager not pulis or any other dinosaurs if there are any left? Not sure any of our out of contract players are worth keeping? Rocky days ahead.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:01 pm

We let all our competitor players go, Patterson, Sol et al and I bet they'll punish us in return. If I lost 5:1 and 4:0 I'd be gutted, players seemed ok with it...... :banghead: