Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Abuse on social media

Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:52 am

I do not bother with the social media I have been told that Sean Morrison's wife has received a lot of abuse telling her to f**k off back to England? If true shameful behaviour

Re: Abuse on social media

Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:17 pm

Shameful. I haven’t been to watch us for a few years now, had to stop for different reasons. Can’t see me rushing back either, I don’t want to give up my time to be in a toxic atmosphere surrounded by people abusing young lads playing football, nor do I want to bring my son into that kid of environment.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:23 pm

disgusting ... we don’t want that type of supporter at our club..

Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:48 pm

Sadly it's the way of the internet and especially "social" media, every lowlife gets to have a platform no matter how vile or outrageous. It's one of the reasons I don't do facebook, twitter etc.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:18 pm

Social media is poison. Awful behaviour.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:31 pm

There is no way of knowing whether the person who posted it is a City fan. Could be a Jack, a Reading fan or anybody for that matter.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:37 pm

JJ1927 wrote:There is no way of knowing whether the person who posted it is a City fan. Could be a Jack, a Reading fan or anybody for that matter.

There’s not but it probably is isn’t it? Why would fans of Swansea or Reading do that?

We have pond life fans (as does every club) but seem to be in greater numbers at our club. Many an away trip ruined by such ‘fans.’

I once remember being at Shrewsbury train station and Simmo was on the platform. It was the game that got called off really late. Group of young wannabe lads (weeks earlier chased and punched a Brighton fan in colours) were harassing a couple of student types on the platform. I was with my gf at the time heading back to Preston and they had asked me the time.

Anyway they were goading the two student types into responding. Probably five of them two student types. Simmo piped up, “lads I’ve no idea who you think you are trying to impress but they clearly don’t want a row. Carry on and I’ll give you a row.” Massive respect for him after that. I recounted that story to him at the Exchange one day and he was very modest about it.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:09 pm

Not the first time this has happened to her.

Not surprising but shameful behaviour.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:38 pm

Typical of cowards....say it to her with Mozza there ...nah too risky .
Peoples families are always off limits imo.....
If they are city ‘fans’ then ban em ...
We all have a right to an opinion but don’t always have the right to express it

Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:44 pm

Jimmy Scoular wrote:I do not bother with the social media I have been told that Sean Morrison's wife has received a lot of abuse telling her to f**k off back to England? If true shameful behaviour

Dreadful. Absolutely dreadful.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:15 pm

Years ago if anyone looked at scarfers it was sorted, but generally it didn’t happen, or was usually kids. But to do that to Mrs Morrison is bang out of order. Why facial recognition is needed on these platforms. Always remember Mucky seeing that Wolves fan right in 87, who had mistakenly gone in the Bob..

Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:43 pm

Sadly it seems to be becoming the way of the world and looks like we have our share of the cowardly scumbags as will most other teams.