Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Realistically - How long

Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:33 pm

How long do you think Tan and the board will realistically give MM ?

We can all see that the football isn’t going to get any better so therefore the results will not improve either.

I’m not one for having a merry go round of managers and back our manager but even I cant see the point in keeping MM any longer. For me I would say go now even if it cost us his severance. At least we would have a better chance of Mozza el tel signing new contracts under a different manager and system but at this rate they cant be enjoying so wont want to sign. (That’s just one of many reasons for parting ways now imo)

So how long do you think, this week, next 4 games, once we are in the bottom 3 ??

Re: Realistically - How long

Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:35 pm

A long time:

Mick is cheap, a puppet,doing everything he is ordered, agrees to No money for players, willing to accept no strengthening, Tan loves him.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:A long time:

Mick is cheap, a puppet,doing everything he is ordered, agrees to No money for players, willing to accept no strengthening, Tan loves him.

So even if we hit the relegation zone you reckon he will still be here at say Xmas then Annis ?

Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:41 pm

If we lose, gone after Reading. The international break gives us time to find a new manager and give them time with the team before our next game.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:58 pm

Harris who was also liked by tan was sacked after 6 straight losses.. Mick has lost 4 games now in a row our next 2 games are reading who can play good football and i fully expect them to win and game after that is swansea which would make it 6 loses in a row if we lost that.

At the moment we don't look like beating anyone so i can't see him lasting much longer.. hopefully before the international break

Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:01 pm

Canton Kev wrote:If we lose, gone after Reading. The international break gives us time to find a new manager and give them time with the team before our next game.

Agree. Honestly I imagine the Board are shortlisting and even contacting the candidates this week ahead of what will likely be another defeat. We may have a new manager for the derby.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:20 pm

I hope they are but I have no faith in them getting the right man in
Frank Lampard anyone?

Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:23 pm

I dread to think what the Jacks will do to us with this current shit show at CCFC. Vote with your feet, if nobody goes to the games, Tan will have to react. :bluescarf:

Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:31 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:I dread to think what the Jacks will do to us with this current shit show at CCFC. Vote with your feet, if nobody goes to the games, Tan will have to react. :bluescarf:

Even the crowd is manipulated by the club so it looks ok to tan ? No way on earth there was 17k last night even given city's expertise at exaggerating crowds down the years ..

Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:35 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
FOOTSOLDIER wrote:I dread to think what the Jacks will do to us with this current shit show at CCFC. Vote with your feet, if nobody goes to the games, Tan will have to react. :bluescarf:

Even the crowd is manipulated by the club so it looks ok to tan ? No way on earth there was 17k last night even given city's expertise at exaggerating crowds down the years ..

Attendance is done based on tickets sold. Every single club does it, it’s not a CCFC thing.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:08 pm

mjw6150 wrote:
Canton Kev wrote:If we lose, gone after Reading. The international break gives us time to find a new manager and give them time with the team before our next game.

Agree. Honestly I imagine the Board are shortlisting and even contacting the candidates this week ahead of what will likely be another defeat. We may have a new manager for the derby.

I very much doubt the board have that much sense or indeed football knowledge to know who they could appoint to follow Mick.

Also, how many half decent managers would be interested in a club where there is no money for players, ordered to play youngsters en masse, players who have obviously given up even trying to give 100%

Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:18 pm

After the jack game he'll go

Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:40 pm

I mean the jacks are flying aren’t they?

Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:48 pm

maccydee wrote:

I mean the jacks are flying aren’t they?

Exactly.

Things are even worse over there than it is for us.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:15 pm

Welsh Exile wrote:How long do you think Tan and the board will realistically give MM ?

We can all see that the football isn’t going to get any better so therefore the results will not improve either.

I’m not one for having a merry go round of managers and back our manager but even I cant see the point in keeping MM any longer. For me I would say go now even if it cost us his severance. At least we would have a better chance of Mozza el tel signing new contracts under a different manager and system but at this rate they cant be enjoying so wont want to sign. (That’s just one of many reasons for parting ways now imo)

So how long do you think, this week, next 4 games, once we are in the bottom 3 ??

I can see many reasons to dispense with MM. Though I'm not sure one of them is so Morrison and others will re sign after their contracts are up.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:26 pm

As soon as they start to seriously worry about relegation. Just like happened with Harris.

Won't surprise me if he went this week due to the run of results and a few things I've heard over the last eight days.

If he gets lucky, he may last towards the end of November but I can't see it being any longer than that.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:A long time:

They're going g to have to pay for wingers who can cross the ball otherwise it's close to relegation. We went from having too many wingers to none of substance