Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Any other Warnocks out there?

Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:26 pm

We need someone similar to sort this shower of shite.

Re: Any other Warnocks out there?

Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:48 pm

McCarthy is from the Warnock mould, we need someone to revolutionise the style of play from a more modern breed of manager.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:18 pm

That’s the exact opposite to what we need.
And I say that as a fan of Warnock.

We need a younger manager who gets us playing football as it should be played with the u-23’s and the 1st team playing the same shape, style and tactics.

The time for this, ideally, was when Harris left but it’s never too late.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:23 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:That’s the exact opposite to what we need.

We need a younger manager who gets us playing football as it should be played with the u-23’s and the 1st team playing the same shape, style and tactics.

Who?

Trollope was brought in as a project to do that. Look how that went?

Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:45 pm

maccydee wrote:

Who?

I'd say Trollope was the wrong man for the job as opposed to that being the wrong strategy. The other difference at the time is he inherited Slade's squad and it was always going to be a hard task to turn the style of play around quickly. Difference here is a lot of the players are out of contract next summer, a new manager could rebuild for a new style.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:27 pm

I find it amazing that we have never had a European style manager (I think). I'm not including Ole in this as his upbringing was at Man U.

We are well into the 21st century and still waiting.

Is this why our style of play has never veered from the typical style of an old fashioned British football club?

Is this why Swansea are always seen as a passing team and we are a lump it team?

Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:58 pm

mjw6150 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Who?

I'd say Trollope was the wrong man for the job as opposed to that being the wrong strategy. The other difference at the time is he inherited Slade's squad and it was always going to be a hard task to turn the style of play around quickly. Difference here is a lot of the players are out of contract next summer, a new manager could rebuild for a new style.

Exactly.
Trollope was shite and it didn’t work.

We went backwards as soon as we appointed the obnoxious McCarthy and we should have started a whole new philosophy then instead of giving him 2 or 3 years whatever it is.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:51 pm

I'd say this is the perfect time to get a new manage with new ideas in with a remit to change the style of football. We are in transition anyway due to bringing a lot of u23s in and a lot of senior players becoming out of contract.

Additionally, Derby and reading having point deductions means it's less risk than in other times where we've needed the quick fix.

Obvious answer to me is Morrison promoted from u23 to first team manager, then either with a view to keeping him on either as manager or assistant to a more experienced manager to keep continuity. Plus -it's cheap...

Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:25 pm

It can’t be a nice job to have.. a lot of pressure from fans, no backing from the board.
I’d try Ainsworth,Grant Mcann, or a foreign coach. Preuser from Düsseldorf maybe, he’s a decent record at bringing youth up.. what’s to lose

Tan puts them all off tho..