Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING MICK McCARTHY: ' FRIDAY 1ST OCTOBER 2021 '

Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:05 am

:bluebird: :bluebird: “ MICK McCARTHY UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS “ :bluebird: :bluebird:

Friday 1st October 2021

After 6 defeats from our last 7 league games and thankfully virtually any players out injured.

Mick will update City fans on how he feels we are at.

Lee Tomlin & Isaac Vassell update.

McCarthy was booed and sang at by Cardiff fans v WBA.

MICK McCARTHY:

McCarthy: I haven't lost the players

The first question to McCarthy asks him how the past few days have been and if he is confident he can turn things around.

"I’m alright, yeah. I’m healthy and well, apart from football results, I’m fantastic," he says.

"Nothing has changed. Me, TC and the support of the players, they’ll all rally around.

"You journalists get desperate to see the managers losing the players! I don’t think that’s the case but the only place they can show that is on the pitch."

"The board are backing me,I spoke to Ken [Choo, chief executive] after the game, and I spoke with [chairman] Mehmet Dalman yesterday. They are all very supportive and want to help make things better."

:bluescarf: :bluebird: “ READ ALL MICK McCARTHY’S UPDATES BELOW “ :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Mick McCarthy:

"The board are backing me,I spoke to Ken [Choo, chief executive] after the game, and I spoke with [chairman] Mehmet Dalman yesterday. They are all very supportive and want to help make things better."

MICK McCARTHY:

Time for a change

McCarthy is asked if he will make changes to his team and tactics.

"I think it might be time for a tweak. We still have to maintain the positive things we’ve done over the last seven months, maintain those, get shot of some of the things that are not working and try something else.

"But I still believe in what we’re trying to do."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MICK McCARTHY:

Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:06 am

MICK McCARTHY:

Have you spoken to the board?

McCarthy says: "Yes, I spoke to Ken [Choo, chief executive] after the game, and I spoke with [chairman] Mehmet Dalman yesterday. They are all very supportive and want to help make things better."
"The board are backing me and thats good enough for me."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:07 am

Tuesday Aug 24 Cardiff 0 Brighton 2 :cry: League Cup Rd 2 Crowd 6,013 Away Support ( 492)

Sat Aug 28 Cardiff City 1 Bristol City 2 :cry: :cry: Crowd 20,891 Away Support ( 2,440)

Sunday Sep 12 Nottingham Forest 1 Cardiff City 2 Crowd 24,153 Away Support ( 1,668) :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Sep 15 Coventry City 1 Cardiff City 0 :cry: :cry: Crowd Away Support ( 1,277)

Sat Sep 18 Cardiff City 0 A.F.C. Bournemouth 1 :cry: :cry: Crowd 19,090 Away Support (1,452)

Sat Sep 25 Blackburn Rovers 5 Cardiff City 1 Crowd 11,670 Away (940) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tue Sep 28 Cardiff City 0 West Bromwich Albion 4 Crowd 17,363 Away Support 1,680 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sat Oct 2 Cardiff City v Reading

- Swansea City v Cardiff City – 12pm, Sunday 17th October (Sky Sports) £30,000 for Cardiff City :thumbright:

- Fulham (A) – 7:45pm, Wednesday 20th October

- Middlesbrough (H) – 12:30pm, Saturday 23rd October (Sky Sports) £150,000 for Cardiff City :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat Oct 30 Stoke City A

Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:07 am

MICK McCARTHY:

Time for a change

McCarthy is asked if he will make changes to his team and tactics.

"I think it might be time for a tweak. We still have to maintain the positive things we’ve done over the last seven months, maintain those, get shot of some of the things that are not working and try something else.

"But I still believe in what we’re trying to do."

Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:08 am

MICK McCARTHY:

McCarthy on the criticism from fans

"We’ve not been winning games so it’s been difficult.

"I understand the fans’ reactions and I’m as frustrated as they are.

"Either they do it online, which I don’t see, or at the game. I get it, I have no problem with it.

"We all get a bit wrapped up in what’s needed. We need a performance that we can be proud of and the fans can be proud of.

"If we don’t and we get beaten it will be the same again and we’ll all be under pressure.

"I’m looking forward to the game and we can play well. We want to win the game."

Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:58 am

MICK McCARTHY:

Availability for the Reading game?

"We are alright. We have a small squad of about 22 players and most of them are OK."

Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:53 am

MICK McCARTHY:

Tough month coming up?

"This month was always going to be tough, as it’s proved to be.

"The result tomorrow is vital because we have Swansea and Fulham away then!

"It’s tomorrow’s result that will make it." - McCarthy

Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:53 am

MICK McCARTHY:

The youngsters?

MICK:

"I didn’t think I’d have a squad of only 22 with some of the youngsters we’ve got in the squad. But that’s how it went.

"Some have come in and done well,but i never thought i would have to have this many youngsters."

"It’s a lot easier to come in and do well as a youngster when you’re winning games. When they’re having to be relied upon it’s tough for them."

"I don’t criticise any of them, we’ve got to encourage them and get the best out of them." - McCarthy

Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:30 am

MICK McCARTHY:

What was the aim this season?

"To do as well as we can, that’s it. I don’t make bold statements.

"Maybe on the back of last season, all the results we had, everyone was buoyed by that and maybe that blinkered us all a bit and maybe we thought we were a little better than we were.

"Because last season, from January, was excellent. But it is pretty much the same squad of players that was there when I arrived."

Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:30 am

MICK McCARTHY:

Does the style of football need to completely change?

"Let me tell you, when we train we don’t just practice hitting long and hopeful balls, that’s for sure.

"The other night, there were loads of groans and moans and that was fully understandable, because that was some really poor football we produced.

"Does that come with the pressure of the results or the teams we are playing against? But that’s not how we play, that’s not how we train, that’s for certain.

"But if you’re winning games, no one really cares [about the style of football]!

"But that’s not the way we train, that’s for sure." - McCarthy

Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:27 am

MICK McCARTHY:

Mick's message to the fans:

"They all come and pay the money and watch the game. I’ve got no complaints about them hollering, hooting and shouting at me.

"On the other side of the coin, if we’d won five or six games they might have been singing ‘Mick McCarthy’s blue and white army’, but maybe not!"

Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:27 am

MICK McCARTHY:

Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:28 am

MICK McCARTHY:

Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:51 am

Marlon Pack speaks out

Marlon Pack has candidly spoken out to accept criticism and responsibility following Cardiff City's run of four defeats in five matches in the league.

Pack was arguably one of the standout players at the beginning of the campaign and was lauded for his early-season form. But he and the rest of the team have let their standards slip and so, too, has the Bluebirds' league standing.

They now sit 18th in the Championship and are staring criticism in the face from fans and media alike. However, Pack broke the wall of silence from Cardiff's players, writing on Instagram: "I think we all like to take the plaudits when things are going well but also have to accept and face the criticism when they aren’t.

"We know our form of late hasn’t been good enough but we have another opportunity on Saturday to get back on track."

Cardiff take on Reading this Saturday, one of only two teams to have conceded more goals than them this season.

In response to Pack's message, former Bluebird and current Wigan left back Joe Bennett wrote: "Results will come. Keep working."

Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:10 am

MICK McCARTHY:

Re: MICK McCARTHY: ' FRIDAY 1ST OCTOBER 2021 '

Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:21 am

McCarthy: I haven't lost the players

The first question to McCarthy asks him how the past few days have been and if he is confident he can turn things around.

"I’m alright, yeah. I’m healthy and well, apart from football results, I’m fantastic," he says.

"Nothing has changed. Me, TC and the support of the players, they’ll all rally around.

"You journalists get desperate to see the managers losing the players! I don’t think that’s the case but the only place they can show that is on the pitch."

Re: BREAKING MICK McCARTHY: ' FRIDAY 1ST OCTOBER 2021 '

Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:32 am

Suddenly we have a small squad :lol: :lol:

MICK McCARTHY:

Availability for the Reading game?

"We are alright. We have a small squad of about 22 players and most of them are OK."

Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:34 am

Do the players need to look at themselves?

MICK;

"I can’t be blameless. The players did it wonderfully well for a long time last season.

"You can’t change how hard you prepare, you can change tactics and personnel." - McCarthy

Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:44 am

I notice he as good as said that he's been given the dreaded vote of confidence.

Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:46 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:I notice he as good as said that he's been given the dreaded vote of confidence.

Ned, Yes .

Mick has never met Tan yet or hardly ever spoke to him.

Everything is now left to the two clowns.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:43 am

Reading have sold over 1,200 tickets

Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:15 am

"Lee Tomlin & Isaac Vassell update"

I think we can guess the state of these 2 muppets. Injured or recovering and waiting for their next injury to happen