Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mick McCarthy was this week asked if he genuinely believed

Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:13 am

Football insider / Football 24/7

Thursday 30th September 2021

Mick McCarthy was this week asked if he genuinely believed he had a squad worthy of challenging the top six, he said: "When we started it looked like that and after the run of results it doesn't look like that."

“I have a squad players capable of achieving things, if we all pull together we will still get there.”

McCarthy over the last few months had said his squad was strength in depth and now with very few injuries, perhaps he can start putting that right with a home win over Reading this coming Saturday.

After the closure of the summer transfer window.

Mick McCarthy said: "I've got no complaints with what I've got. Two good goalkeepers, five good centre-backs and, when they're fit and firing, our wing-backs are excellent. In midfield we're covered in there and then we've got Kieffer Moore, James Collins, Josh Murphy, Ryan Giles - we're all right up the top as well.

"In terms of the squad we've got, I'm happy but we need them all fit and firing."After the closure of the summer transfer window, McCarthy said: "I've got no complaints with what I've got.”

“Two good goalkeepers, five good centre-backs and, when they're fit and firing, our wing-backs are excellent. In midfield we're covered in there and then we've got Kieffer Moore, James Collins, Josh Murphy, Ryan Giles - we're all right up the top as well.”

"In terms of the squad we've got, I'm happy but we need them all fit and firing."

It all seems measured and understated at the minute. However, with Cardiff plumbing the depths of 18th in the table, the few comments we are seeing are a far cry from the bullish claims of the beginning of this season.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Mick McCarthy was this week asked if he genuinely believ

Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:34 am

Updated:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:29 pm

yes he's right he will achieve something, relegation the feck wit!

Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:24 pm

Mentions Murphy in there.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:17 pm

maccydee wrote:Mentions Murphy in there.

Losing it.

Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:37 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:Mentions Murphy in there.

Losing it.

Murphy at preston