Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re Mick McCarthy. When we turn we turn don’t we??

Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:51 pm

Yes he is overseeing a shit show at the moment. Yes he looks like he’s out of his depth.

But f*cking hell he is our manager and should be backed. It doesn’t help anyone the way most on here have turned on him.

He’s had us playing well. Unlikely as it may seem what if he gets us back there? It’s not gonna help us on his back and the backs of the players.

That is all. I have spoken.

I stand by for the usual lines.

Blah, blah, blah.

For the record I’ve been to 6 games this year.
I’m not a Tan lover I’m a Cardiff lover who is grateful for the financial stability after years of not having that.
Usual suspects are actually those who will be anti Cardiff very quickly whatever happens while Tan is the owner.

Re: Re Mick McCarthy. When we turn we turn don’t we??

Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:10 am

While I did not want him in the first place then couldn't believe that he had been given a 2-year contract, plus I think our way of playing is awful, I still hope that he can turn it around and can't see that it helps in having a go at him.

On the other hand, when it comes to the board that appointed him I really think that they haven't got a clue. Mick's style of play will not get fans flooding in to enjoy an exciting game and will lose the club a lot of money. I really don't see him as the ideal guy to be bringing through a load of youngsters with his style of play.

Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:07 am

Let's see how he reacts this weekend. If he makes some changes, tinkers with the tactics, drops who should be dropped and he's actually trying on the touchline. If he genuinely genuinely tries to win a game of football then fair play to him.

However, if it's the same same again I'm afraid there's only one outcome.

Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:07 am

Our crowd normally give the manager half a chance with a "xxxx sort it out" chant, but his selection set the tone Tuesday.

He has to go for it tomorrow as this will be his last decent-sized club. Football has moved on since he last got a club promoted, DJ was our manager and we were saying goodbye to Ninian Park.

His team selection will set the tone for tomorrow.

Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:10 am

I think most fans will stand the way we play as long as are successful but we clearly ain't at the moment hence the abuse.

Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:05 am

I like McCarthy, always have and I really want him to succeed here.

I think some of this comes from when he was appointed. Many fans, me included, wanted to see us make a big change and develop an easier on the eye game. When Mick was appointed I was happy as I said, I've always been a fan and I thought to myself, well we have a decent squad and maybe like Warnock he can get the most out of it, one last hurrah for this generation of Bluebirds sort of thing.

The problem is, despite the style being pragmatic but not too bad at first it has gone to extreme hoofball, we seemed to only keep it on the ground when Giles had the ball or just to pass it back for the goalkeeper to hoof it. Even that would be acceptable if we were getting results but as we are not, it is totally unacceptable.

If Mick changes things up and starts getting results I will back him 100% and up to Tuesday night I had done so but after that game I am having serious doubts.

Having said that, we should not treat him like Ipswich did. We should make it clear we want better through chants and boos but personal abuse online to players and to Mick is 100% wrong.

Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:18 pm

Don’t think anyone’s anti Cardiff.. just anti what’s happening to Cardiff. It’s up to the club to get the fans onside, but with these terrible performances, even the Dalai Lama and Terry Waite would likely be a bit cross..

Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:01 am

People spend a lot of money to watch Cardiff. They are entitled to voice their opinions if they want to. The players/manager take credit when things are going well. They should take the critism when things are not going well. And let's face, what we've seen recently is totally unacceptable. How can anyone support a manager playing 8 defensive players plus the keeper? And then come out and say it was the correct decision and the performance was better, after a 4-0 home loss. The players and managers deserve everything they are getting at the moment.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:02 pm

Escott1927 wrote:People spend a lot of money to watch Cardiff. They are entitled to voice their opinions if they want to. The players/manager take credit when things are going well. They should take the critism when things are not going well. And let's face, what we've seen recently is totally unacceptable. How can anyone support a manager playing 8 defensive players plus the keeper?
And then come out and say it was the correct decision and the performance was better, after a 4-0 home loss. The players and managers deserve everything they are getting at the moment.

Spot on ....hands up when you are wrong MM
Most players earn in a week and a half what the average fan earns in a year so when we pay good money , we can reasonably expect to play to win .

Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:47 pm

Blueman39 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:People spend a lot of money to watch Cardiff. They are entitled to voice their opinions if they want to. The players/manager take credit when things are going well. They should take the critism when things are not going well. And let's face, what we've seen recently is totally unacceptable. How can anyone support a manager playing 8 defensive players plus the keeper?
And then come out and say it was the correct decision and the performance was better, after a 4-0 home loss. The players and managers deserve everything they are getting at the moment.

Spot on ....hands up when you are wrong MM
Most players earn in a week and a half what the average fan earns in a year so when we pay good money , we can reasonably expect to play to win .

I agree its OUR club, we have every right to boo & chant, it's part of the game isnt it?? Today he made a couple of changes, and changed formation, but we had 25 shots to their 2! AND LOST!!!! 99% of fans will back a manager when the season begins, the same 99% have the right to withdraw it? Us older fans have seen it happen many times over decades of support, it's not new.

I draw the line though, at abuse on social media!! ( one reason I've never done fb,or twitter or any other site)