Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Updated: Mick Flynn has spoke to Cardiff.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:53 am

Updated:

Just found out Flynn had an interview at the time Mick also did and this week chatted again to some of the committee

Mick Flynn has spoke to Cardiff.
I was sent this message from a reliable person .

Who knows??

Re: Mick Flynn has spoke to Cardiff.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:25 am

I think it's worth a leap of faith.
Recalibrate the playing style and go again.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:26 am

Reckon MM will resign after today

Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:56 am

cwmbachbluebird wrote:I think it's worth a leap of faith.

Agree, it might not work but I think it’s time for us to take a gamble on a younger approach.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:30 am

piledriver64 wrote:

Agree, it might not work but I think it’s time for us to take a gamble on a younger approach.

Younger approach like Harris was?

Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:36 am

Does not sit well with me this.

Just not experienced enough at this level.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:53 am

A no brainier for this board it will placate a percentage of our fans that they’ve appointed a young manager

Reality - He’s no experience at this level, he’s another yes man, and he’ll be cheap the last two points are pre requisite for this board.

These premadonna players will go through the motions with him, and these premadonna board will buy them self’s more time and wages.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:01 am

fred keenor wrote:Reckon MM will resign after today

I think you may be right mate. Maybe compo etc has already been agreed.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:15 am

Again another manager who will just come and play long ball football. Mick isn’t the manager for me nor will Flynn nor Morison we need a total restructure and change of style

Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:28 am

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Younger approach like Harris was?

Harris had already proved that he wasn’t up to much whilst at Millwall, Flynn’s trajectory is still upwards in my opinion.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:30 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Does not sit well with me this.

So we’re never going to take a risk and are play safe with old-style managers on a 2 year cycle ?

What’s your answer ?

Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:46 am

Watching Chelsea on woman's football now and they play mu h better football than us...

Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:21 am

Nothing he has done makes me want him as our next manager Newport don’t play attractive football in fact play like we do The last time i really enjoyed our style of play was under Dave Jones

Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:31 am

Abergavenny wrote:Nothing he has done makes me want him as our next manager Newport don’t play attractive football in fact play like we do The last time i really enjoyed our style of play was under Dave Jones

Sad to say I agree but defending was terrible at times, I always thought we were too easy to attack.

We were 5-1 up against Barnsley I think at home, takes off a couple in the last 15 minutes, next thing it’s 5-3 and we’re hanging on!!

Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:32 am

boyo1927 wrote:Watching Chelsea on woman's football now and they play mu h better football than us...

Also watching that and can't believe a Chelsea defender got a yellow card for clearing the ball directly into the Brighton girls face. No contact with the foot or anything....just a clearance into the face, yellow card!!!

Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:34 am

Flynn has done a cracking job at Newport. The great escape, 2 play off finals and multiple cup runs. But do I think hes ready for us? Especially when you consider the circumstances; very young squad of players who probably aren't ready for this level, and a lack of options within the squad, especially up top - probably not.

This is a big restructure job, and I'd prefer a manager with a real philosophy. If he does come though, I'll give him a chance and my backing.

As mentioned above though, he probably ticks the boxes for the board; no compensation, low wage, and probably a yes man.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:48 am

JasonFowler1991 wrote:Flynn has done a cracking job at Newport. The great escape, 2 play off finals and multiple cup runs. But do I think hes ready for us? Especially when you consider the circumstances; very young squad of players who probably aren't ready for this level, and a lack of options within the squad, especially up top - probably not.

This is a big restructure job, and I'd prefer a manager with a real philosophy. If he does come though, I'll give him a chance and my backing.

As mentioned above though, he probably ticks the boxes for the board; no compensation, low wage, and probably a yes man.

Left county because of things behind scenes so hardly likely to come here because every manager as been a yes man and tan will only appoint a yes man according to this forum........ Flynn is not one if you believe reason for not wanting to extend his contract at county? but guess he will be called a puppet of tan if stupid enough to come here.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:23 pm

McCarthy appointed Director of Football and Mick Flynn replacing him as Manager maybe? :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:32 pm

NIGELNIGLE wrote:McCarthy appointed Director of Football and Mick Flynn replacing him as Manager maybe? :ayatollah:

Didn't we try that once before? I'm sure we did but it didn't last long? :thumbright:

Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:55 pm

Oohaahitsgrahamkavangh wrote:Again another manager who will just come and play long ball football. Mick isn’t the manager for me nor will Flynn nor Morison we need a total restructure and change of style

Morrison who runs the academy plays football not hoofball
Arevyou mixing morrison the academy manager
With morrison the player ????

Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:12 pm

Not for me we should go for Chris wilder experienced plays attacking football GET HIM IN NOW VT HE'S AVAILABLE

Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:23 pm

boyo1927 wrote:Watching Chelsea on woman's football now and they play mu h better football than us...

And they've got nice tits. Saying that, Tomlin has a fine set of bangers on him.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:34 pm

Plenty of whispers that this is a distinct possibility.

People need to realise that if Mick McCarthy goes, it will very likely be Mike Flynn who replaces him.

Those who are throwing names around like Chris Wilder, Big Sam etc need to get real.

At the time when Harris left, I was saying exactly the same about those who actually thought we would appoint Eddie Howe. Many chose to just say I was being negative about it but the reality it was the truth.

Apparently we even spoke to him and he wasn't interested at all.

It would be the same with a few of these other names being banded about.

So that's the choice: McCarthy or Flynn.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Mick Flynn has spoke to Cardiff.
I was sent this message from a reliable person .

Who knows??

He couldn’t do any worse but he is not the future for us

Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:03 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Does not sit well with me this.

So we’re never going to take a risk and are play safe with old-style managers on a 2 year cycle ?

What’s your answer ?

Not a lower league manager.

Perhaps someone of the ilk like Lampard, Terry, Bowyer who know how the game is played at this level or perhaps a foreign manager who has played/manager at this level abroad.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:38 pm

noooooooo
please noooooo

don’t want him anywhere near our club
hasn’t won anything, or
achieved anything.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:56 pm

Karl Robinson for me, he would be a cheap option, knows league one and league two pretty well, turned MKDons and Oxford into good footballing sides, playing some nice stuff.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:02 pm

Bonner wrote:noooooooo
please noooooo

don’t want him anywhere near our club
hasn’t won anything, or
achieved anything.

‘Achievement’ is relative. Amazing escape from relegation, 2 play off finals off which they were very unlucky in at least one not to win it. No budget, no training facilities. Listening to County fans on Call Rob tonight most have huge respect for the job he has done there and were gutted that he wasn’t allowed to be there for this last game.

I’m torn on him, but we aren’t going to pay compo to anyone and we aren’t going to get an Eddie Howe (who still has a lot of price outside of Bournemouth) or a Chris Wilder.

For those saying Lampard, Terry etc. Why would they risk their early managerial career coming here and frankly they have never been in a relegation dogfight so would they have the ability to navigate one?

So it’s either another stop gap (think Big Sam) or someone like Flynn who could be a long term appointment at least.

As I said yesterday, there would be better appointments but could also be worse.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:11 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Plenty of whispers that this is a distinct possibility.

People need to realise that if Mick McCarthy goes, it will very likely be Mike Flynn who replaces him.

Those who are throwing names around like Chris Wilder, Big Sam etc need to get real.

At the time when Harris left, I was saying exactly the same about those who actually thought we would appoint Eddie Howe. Many chose to just say I was being negative about it but the reality it was the truth.

Spot on, Ned; and I think the Reading game showed that the 'problem' may go deeper than the current manager

Whatever the problem is, unless those at the top and one man specifically takes ownership of the recent problems, including the exodus of decent players, rejecting of 'promised' contracts and failure to complete agreed new transfers, very little is likely change and the debate simply becomes which/who is the safer option going forward in the immediate term?

Mick or Mike? That is the question right now; not your Sam Allardyce's or you Chris Wilder's or your Eddie Howe's

Our cloth has been cut and we're currently out of new material with which to change the garment

Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:40 pm

Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Plenty of whispers that this is a distinct possibility.

Spot on, Ned; and I think the Reading game showed that the 'problem' may go deeper than the current manager

Whatever the problem is, unless those at the top and one man specifically takes ownership of the recent problems, including the exodus of decent players, rejecting of 'promised' contracts and failure to complete agreed new transfers, very little is likely change and the debate simply becomes which/who is the safervoption going forward in the imediate term?

Mick or Mike? That is the question right now; notbyour Sam's or you Wilder's or your Eddie Howe's

Our cloth has been cut and we're currently out of new material with which to change the garment

Seems there are few owners that font keep their word gone wrst had similar problems as well as number of other clubs....why cant owners back their managers uniqufically save a lot of them declining new contracts? Flynn or mick? Mmmmm Flynn as be better for youngsters and potential new recruites at end season when those contracts end..... but we need several real years of stability and improving style of play before can entice managers like Howe ect to club? Despite what some say we are a good catch for any manager but conditions got to be right before they'll come....