Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Mick Flynn has spoke to Cardiff.

Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:08 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Does not sit well with me this.

Just not experienced enough at this level.

So we’re never going to take a risk and are play safe with old-style managers on a 2 year cycle ?

What’s your answer ?

Not a lower league manager.

Perhaps someone of the ilk like Lampard, Terry, Bowyer who know how the game is played at this level or perhaps a foreign manager who has played/manager at this level abroad.

Out of those three only Bowyer would even consider it. The other two we couldn’t afford anyway.

Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:49 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

So we’re never going to take a risk and are play safe with old-style managers on a 2 year cycle ?

What’s your answer ?

Perhaps someone of the ilk like Lampard, Terry, Bowyer who know how the game is played at this level or perhaps a foreign manager who has played/manager at this level abroad.

Out of those three only Bowyer would even consider it. The other two we couldn’t afford anyway.

Could afford Terry

Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:12 pm

Dont you think that Tan made his fortune buying cheap selling high. Its all he knows.
Football here has stung him.
He is involved with clubs everywhere.
Perhaps he wants to build a stable now.

Cheap or young players to sell at a profit.
Flynn will know the lower league nuggets, scouts and contacts.

Whether these nuggets can make tge step is a gamble.

As long as we dont get relegated. I think this is what the club are looking for
Dropoing running costs to as low as tgey can and gambling on a good manager/player regime to do it...

Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:19 pm

wez1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

What’s your answer ?

Could afford Terry

Really ? I’m not sure about that.

Even if we could afford him I don’t understand why people would want somebody like him that has never managed at any level over someone like Flynn who has managed pretty successfully albeit at a lower level.

I’d rather Chris Wilder the ex-Sheffield guy but wouldn’t have a problem with Flynn.

Let’s just get rid of McCarthy though because this season could be a real struggle without any change.

Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:54 pm

Just found out Flynn had an interview at the time Mick also did and this week chatted again to some of the committee

Re: Updated: Mick Flynn has spoke to Cardiff.

Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:05 pm

Not for me I just genuinely think our squad ain’t good enough so who ever we get in I don’t think it will make a difference :( :(

Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:21 pm

Sven wrote:
NIGELNIGLE wrote:McCarthy appointed Director of Football and Mick Flynn replacing him as Manager maybe? :ayatollah:

Didn't we try that once before? I'm sure we did but it didn't last long? :thumbright:

Chris I think it was Slade moved upstairs then sacked after a short time :laughing5:

Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:52 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Sven wrote:
NIGELNIGLE wrote:McCarthy appointed Director of Football and Mick Flynn replacing him as Manager maybe? :ayatollah:

Didn't we try that once before? I'm sure we did but it didn't last long? :thumbright:

Chris I think it was Slade moved upstairs then sacked after a short time :laughing5:

Yes, it was Slade :thumbup:

But didn't he leave for another managerial role after he realised hiss position was just a token role?

Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:00 pm

Surely a championship team can attract other managers out of work other than league two manager out of work. I'm not saying Flynn won't take over but it's worrying that a team that was premier League a few seasons ago the best they can attract us a league 2 manager

Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:07 pm

darran1927 wrote:Surely a championship team can attract other managers out of work other than league two manager out of work. I'm not saying Flynn won't take over but it's worrying that a team that was premier League a few seasons ago the best they can attract us a league 2 manager

I think it’s more a case of who would manage on the cheap for VT and his transfer committee.

Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:22 pm

darran1927 wrote:Surely a championship team can attract other managers out of work other than league two manager out of work. I'm not saying Flynn won't take over but it's worrying that a team that was premier League a few seasons ago the best they can attract us a league 2 manager

Martin came from below championship level to go to Swansea and if you look sure find it happens more than you realise.

Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:02 pm

I was thinking more on the lines of a Slade/Trollope combo.
Seriously, though we need some one who would give us a bit of hope.
For me that's not Mike Flynn.

Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:27 pm

Flynn off to Salford by all accounts

Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:05 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:Flynn off to Salford by all accounts

A good move for him, if so... :thumbup:

He was spoken to by the (so called) Committee and that makes sense, as they were considering Mick McCarthy's position over the last few days (and Mick was aware, as he was part of said discussions)

Seems after Saturday's improved performance (bar the actual result) it seems they have decided to stick with Mick (there's a pun there! :laughing6: ) for the time being at least

A good decision in my eyes, so long as he learns the lessons of the last few games

Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:36 pm

Abergavenny wrote:
Nothing he has done makes me want him as our next manager Newport don’t play attractive football in fact play like we do The last time i really enjoyed our style of play was under Dave Jones

Sad to say I agree but defending was terrible at times, I always thought we were too easy to attack.

We were 5-1 up against Barnsley I think at home, takes off a couple in the last 15 minutes, next thing it’s 5-3 and we’re hanging on!!

4 nil up against Peterboro playing like the best team in the championship half time second half after playing like the worst team in the championship 4-4

Jones had to attack we had the best 2 strikers in the championship Bothroyd & Chopra

Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:55 pm

I wish I shared your optimism Sven regarding mick

My issue is that if you aren’t scoring goals (we aren’t) then you have to be solid defensively again we aren’t and that’s a recipe for relegation combined, if he had the defensive solidity but we weren’t scoring I’d fancy him to get the goals somehow and turn this around but the combination of no goals and leaking like a tap is a disaster and we should have parted ways and gambled on someone finding the combination to get us firing again as even if they couldn’t stop us leaking goals or get us scoring it’s not worse than what’s happening now

I’d have kept McCarthy if we were solid defensively as I’m sure he could get us scoring goals at some point but he’s failing on both counts and I see nothing changing and dominating a reading side with 8 first team players out is hardly great news it’s made even worse by the fact we still couldn’t score a goal

Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:37 pm

Oohaahitsgrahamkavangh wrote:Again another manager who will just come and play long ball football. Mick isn’t the manager for me nor will Flynn nor Morison we need a total restructure and change of style

Totally agree with you’re post I’ve saying this all season mm was never my choice I was disappointed when we appointed him but lie you don’t want Flynn and another yes man

Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:23 pm

Warnock ?