Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Mick McCarthy: / Veljko Paunović: '

Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:35 am

Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy:

"We all get a bit wrapped up in what’s needed. We need a performance that we can be proud of and the fans can be proud of. That helps to start turn things around.

"If we don’t and we get beaten it will be the same again and we’ll all be under pressure. I fully understand that. But that doesn't concern me prior to the game.

"I’m looking forward to the game and we can play well, that's what we are aiming for. We want to win the game.

Reading manager Veljko Paunović:

"We dropped points [against Derby] and we have struggled on the road, but we have to brush it off our shoulders immediately. The hardest thing was to recover the confidence and the style of play. And we recovered that with our recent performances.

"So the damage that this loss does is less. But we know we have to pick up immediately, refocus as soon as possible, because we have another opportunity to earn points on Saturday in Cardiff."

Re: ' Mick McCarthy: / Veljko Paunović: '

Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:31 am

This has got a bore draw written all over it. Both teams desperate not to lose, wont commit to going all out to win. 2 managers under pressure and 2 teams with players who have a lot to answer.

They are all desperate not to lose.