Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Traffic and Parking Chaos

Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:31 pm

The club have asked fans to get to stadium early, but don’t open gates until 1.30, and then close car park at 2.30. They’ve effectively given themselves an hour to admit thousands of fans and the roads outside are total chaos with the traffic build up. By the time you get to the stadium it’s past 2.30 and they’ve shut the car park, even if you’ve pre paid for a space! What purpose does this serve other than agitating an already pissed off fan base! This club is clueless!!!

Re: Traffic and Parking Chaos

Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:35 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:The club have asked fans to get to stadium early, but don’t open gates until 1.30, and then close car park at 2.30. They’ve effectively given themselves an hour to admit thousands of fans and the roads outside are total chaos with the traffic build up. By the time you get to the stadium it’s past 2.30 and they’ve shut the car park, even if you’ve pre paid for a space! What purpose does this serve other than agitating an already pissed off fan base! This club is clueless!!!

Thanks for that... :thumbup:

Can't talk about the club side but it was chaos on the M4 around Coryton and up to J33

Apparently, we got 3 months of that... :(

Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:56 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:The club have asked fans to get to stadium early, but don’t open gates until 1.30, and then close car park at 2.30. They’ve effectively given themselves an hour to admit thousands of fans and the roads outside are total chaos with the traffic build up. By the time you get to the stadium it’s past 2.30 and they’ve shut the car park, even if you’ve pre paid for a space! What purpose does this serve other than agitating an already pissed off fan base! This club is clueless!!!

Get to ground early I travel around 130 miles and no problem getting into car park it's open from around 11.30.... same would apply to any event anywhere would you try driving to Cardiff for pop concert an hour or so before gig and expect to get there and be inside on time? .... club done nothing wrong but feel need to condemn them for asking fans to get there early...

Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:20 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Get to ground early I travel around 130 miles and no problem getting into car park it's open from around 11.30.... same would apply to any event anywhere would you try driving to Cardiff for pop concert an hour or so before gig and expect to get there and be inside on time? .... club done nothing wrong but feel need to condemn them for asking fans to get there early...

The club don’t open the car park until 1.30 then shut it at 2.30! This causes unbelievable congestion even if you try to get there by 1.30! By the time you get to the stadium the car park gates are closed. This also happened before the Bournemouth game. It doesn’t help when you’ve pre paid for your parking with your season ticket, queue in traffic for an hour, see loads of empty spaces in the car park 30 minutes before kick off, then told you can’t get jn

Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:27 pm

E0FEE809-6BFB-4A3C-87C1-077C5745132D.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:51 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

The club don’t open the car park until 1.30 then shut it at 2.30! This causes unbelievable congestion even if you try to get there by 1.30! By the time you get to the stadium the car park gates are closed. This also happened before the Bournemouth game. It doesn’t help when you’ve pre paid for your parking with your season ticket, queue in traffic for an hour, see loads of empty spaces in the car park 30 minutes before kick off, then told you can’t get jn

I get into club car park 12.30 give it take for every game I have pass aswell..... so somewhere along line your wrong about entry time? 2.30 its closed that's true

Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:57 pm

The 1.30pm Gates opening are the turnstiles, you can park from 11.30am aspreviously advised.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:59 pm

JeffTheRef wrote:The 1.30pm Gates opening are the turnstiles, you can park from 11.30am aspreviously advised.

Thanks not sure wher 1.30 came from as I've been arriving at roughly same time every game... does sloper rd entrance open later? I use main entrance... :old:

Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:50 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
JeffTheRef wrote:The 1.30pm Gates opening are the turnstiles, you can park from 11.30am aspreviously advised.

Thanks not sure wher 1.30 came from as I've been arriving at roughly same time every game... does sloper rd entrance open later? I use main entrance... :old:

It won't be an issue shortly as there are not likely to anyone to watch the rubbish being served up. How many there today?

Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:01 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:
E0FEE809-6BFB-4A3C-87C1-077C5745132D.png

The gates of the stadium, not the car park

Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:41 pm

Another moaner using the traffic outside the stadium to bash the club ffs.
You know the car park shuts at 2.30 so it’s your responsibility to get there before that. No difference to any other venue.
I breeze in around 2.15 no problem.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:42 pm

I must have missed traffic and parking chaos as I had no problem.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:46 pm

BC-CB wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

It won't be an issue shortly as there are not likely to anyone to watch the rubbish being served up. How many there today?

18k :thumbup:

Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:50 pm

theclaw wrote:I must have missed traffic and parking chaos as I had no problem.

Chaos if leave it to 1.30 to get to ground .. never get there that late so never see a problem .....but expect major problems would occur as K.O approaches