Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" The perfect time to change manager "

Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:01 pm

These next few days are the perfect time to let Mick go and bring someone else in.

Two week break ahead of one of our biggest games of the season.

If he doesn't go now, then I don't think it will happen for a while.

Re: " The perfect time to change manager "

Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:02 pm

No point .its the team needs changing.who ever thought this squad would do the job needs shooting

Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:06 pm

It's hard to see any manager getting a tune out of these bunch of useless donkeys to be honest

Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:10 pm

Tann will say its out fault for changing our team back to Blue he wants us to fail the man is a rich idiot he is our worst nightmare please Sam come back he cared for the club as this dickhead only cares about his image unlike Sam who cared for the club

Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:11 pm

not sam .please remember he nearly finished us

Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:12 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:These next few days are the perfect time to let Mick go and bring someone else in.

Two week break ahead of one of our biggest games of the season.

If he doesn't go now, then I don't think it will happen for a while.

Ain't going to happen perfect time or not.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:15 pm

His position is not tenable. Its a results game. We concede first in every game and can't score. We are going down. A new voice is needed but so are some funds from the board. League One could break the club financially and no easy escape from there either. Ask Sunderland. They have to invest to retain Championship status.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:17 pm

I agree with the post above. What is the point?

Who could come in and do anything with such a bunch of stale players.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:19 pm

Chris Wilder would be a good choice. Plays good football and rebuilt Sheffield United from a similar shambolic position as we're in at the moment!

Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:20 pm

Nickoblue23 wrote:Chris Wilder would be a good choice. Plays good football and rebuilt Sheffield United from a similar shambolic position as we're in at the moment!

I’d agree with that appointment (plus no compo needed)

Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:23 pm

Wilder for me also
although at present my mother would be in with a shout aswell

Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:24 pm

Well said

Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:33 pm

If we hadn't played Notts Forest at exactly the right time we we now be looking at eight defeats in succession. It's worse than under Harris. Their is no question in my mind that MM has lost the plot so completely he will get us relegated. His team selections and tactics are bizarre and he has no ideas how to use the youngsters properly.

Can't see why anyone would want to keep him on what do they think is going to change ? Either give Morrison a go on a temporary basis or give Wilder a go..

Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:35 pm

Crayfish wrote:If we hadn't played Notts Forest at exactly the right time we we now be looking at eight defeats in succession. It's worse than under Harris. Their is no question in my mind that MM has lost the plot so completely he will get us relegated. His team selections and tactics are bizarre and he has no ideas how to use the youngsters properly.

Can't see why anyone would want to keep him on what do they think is going to change ? Either give Morrison a go on a temporary basis or give Wilder a go..

Agree, table doesn’t lie , he’s got to go

Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:36 pm

There's only 3, maybe 4 I'd keep from the entire squad. Wouldn't matter if you had Pep in charge, our players aren't good enough and that's that. We're a hoofball outfit while the teams around us have learnt that having the right players paying the game the right way brings success. We'll be posting this week in week out until someone switches the light on and that starts with the owners. Waste of good money week watching such rubbish.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:45 pm

valleyrambill wrote:Tann will say its out fault for changing our team back to Blue he wants us to fail the man is a rich idiot he is our worst nightmare please Sam come back he cared for the club as this dickhead only cares about his image unlike Sam who cared for the club

Sam cared so much he almost finished us 1st time around, failed so came back and tried a 2nd time by suing us. No chance.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:21 pm

Nickoblue23 wrote:Chris Wilder would be a good choice. Plays good football and rebuilt Sheffield United from a similar shambolic position as we're in at the moment!

Do you honestly think that our board would have the knowledge or foresight to appoint a manager like Wilder? If he waits for a while he'll get an offer from a club that's not an absolute basket case like ours is at the moment.

It'll be a cheap, inexperienced manager like Flynn, willing to work with no money just for the opportunity to work at a level way above what they've done so far.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:22 pm

I’m no fan of Ian Walsh but he’s talking sense on Call Rob.
The fault he avers is the board who are “clueless.”
The board should man up & admit they are out of their depth football wise and appoint a team of football consultants, draw up a 5 year plan, scrap our way to safety, then ditch the players who aren’t good enough (most of them) and bring in players of all ages with technical ability.
BUT there’s no chance they’ll admit their deficiencies and errors and just make it up as they go along taking our club to League 1 on the way.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:42 pm

We desperately need a change of manager, but it worries me who they will bring in. We are only going one way at the moment with the players we got. There needs an all round change by Tan from top to bottom.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:01 pm

Agree it’s a good time time to change with the international break.I’m all for a change with someone who will play a bit of football.
The clock is ticking………………

Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:28 pm

Wilder would be first choice then Mark Hughes

Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:06 pm

Honestly I don't think they will but personally he'd be the perfect man for the job.

Unfortunately the squad needs a 4 wheel change.

Wilder didn't transform Sheffield United with a huge budget. Not sure how he would work with our board and no doubt he'd see it as a huge challenge. We'll be lucky to stay up this season.

Something needs to happen fast as even with a lock down not that long ago and no football to watch our attendances are dropping fast.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:22 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
darran1927 wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:Sam didn’t care, he was a plank, we didn’t have a Black Friday under tan did we? Sam wanted to change the name and was nothing but a crook lining his pockets with massive interest rates on the money he was lending himself.

The so called inner circle still struggling with not being the inner circle I see. Let’s not forget tan keeps this club afloat Sam was reckless and left a mess, a mess tan is clearing up.

As for the manager, ultimately he knew we were short, he knew we needed quality but didn’t address, he along with a lot of the out of contract crew need to go ASAP. The sooner the better, but god knows what we’ll get.

:clap:

Can’t wait to see some of the replies you can on this, but fair play you’re brave !!!!!!!!

My thoughts too.

Sam ran out of money. if the rumours are true that would not be an issue thus time around if it happens.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:19 pm

Chris wilder Get him in now over to you dalman, choo,Vt

Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:45 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
darran1927 wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:Sam didn’t care, he was a plank, we didn’t have a Black Friday under tan did we? Sam wanted to change the name and was nothing but a crook lining his pockets with massive interest rates on the money he was lending himself.

The so called inner circle still struggling with not being the inner circle I see. Let’s not forget tan keeps this club afloat Sam was reckless and left a mess, a mess tan is clearing up.

As for the manager, ultimately he knew we were short, he knew we needed quality but didn’t address, he along with a lot of the out of contract crew need to go ASAP. The sooner the better, but god knows what we’ll get.

:clap:

Can’t wait to see some of the replies you can on this, but fair play you’re brave !!!!!!!!

My thoughts too.

Not brave just says it as he sees it if others dont like it cèst la vie .. as I've said before ask Wimbledon what happened when he left club only need to look at the similarities with city to see where we could have ended up with him if council hadn't stepped in .... as for manager now is time to change manager January be to late... wilder good choice

Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:34 pm

no, we can’t keep changing managers
team done well today, flint should of scored, should of had a penalty.. none of that down to Mick
let’s just see what he can do to get us through this bad run.

Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:55 am

Does' nt look like are gettung shot of mick yet its usually announced after the defeat
So on it goes setting up to defend and hoof ball.

Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:58 am

BONNER

Watford keep changing there manager and are still in the prem? another one just gone. Mick was a stop gap only.

Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:25 pm

montyblue wrote:BONNER

Watford keep changing there manager and are still in the prem? another one just gone. Mick was a stop gap only.

Come on they change manager every 33 games on average over past 10yrs disaster waiting to happen one day.

Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:37 pm

montyblue wrote:BONNER

McCarthy isn’t a stop gap though Monty boy otherwise he wouldn’t have been given an extension of two years.
Stop holding your breath, I keep saying he’s going nowhere at least not anytime soon.