Sam Bowen

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sam Bowen

Postby BluebirdsTilIDie » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:53 pm

Thought he was be very good today

Hopefully he can have a run of games and cement a place in the middle. We could do with a fresh face cm instead of just vaulks, pack, ralls etc

Had a couple of chances and thought he passed the ball well
BluebirdsTilIDie

Sam Bowen

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Sam Bowen

Postby troobloo3339 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:57 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Thought he was be very good today

Hopefully he can have a run of games and cement a place in the middle. We could do with a fresh face cm instead of just vaulks, pack, ralls etc

Theres more in the under 23s like him ready to step up
Patten kieron evans isaak davies
Denham connolly and zimba
troobloo3339

Postby BluebirdsTilIDie » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:58 pm

Completely agree. Should be getting some game time as our first team aren’t doing anything
BluebirdsTilIDie

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:00 pm

Thought he did very well from the outset. Also impressed by McGuiness, Pack and of course Giles. Much better today and I don't think a 1-0 loss reflected our efforts but we are where we are but overall, a marked improvement on recent games. The atmosphere was good too after a while as the fans could see the fight in the team returning.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:38 pm

He did well today.

Would have put him in our top three performers in this game along with McGuinness and Pack.

Looking at the MOTM topic, I'm a bit surprised he hasn't had a few more votes.

Equally surprised that Giles has been getting votes. He made a few decent runs but his final delivery was mostly poor today, especially by his high standards. Maybe he's just people's new go-to player when they don't know who to vote for.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby BluebirdsTilIDie » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:48 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:He did well today.

Would have put him in our top three performers in this game along with McGuinness and Pack.

Looking at the MOTM topic, I'm a bit surprised he hasn't had a few more votes.

Equally surprised that Giles has been getting votes. He made a few decent runs but his final delivery was mostly poor today, especially by his high standards. Maybe he's just people's new go-to player when they don't know who to vote for.

Was surprised too. I voted him was my motm
BluebirdsTilIDie

Postby fred keenor » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:26 am

Excellent performance today and should be considered every game, cant remember him giving the ball away, disrupted the opposition a number of times.
fred keenor

Postby CantonStandBob » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:17 am

Thought he was really good, looked strong, he had pace and passed the ball well. He will play well alongside Pack and Ralls so hope we keep him there.
CantonStandBob

Postby Abergavenny » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:40 am

CantonStandBob wrote:Thought he was really good, looked strong, he had pace and passed the ball well. He will play well alongside Pack and Ralls so hope we keep him there.

He will the person most comfortable in our midfield that is for sure One thing he does not have thou is great pace, so i have to disagree with you on that point
If he did have pace he would be running out midfield by the end of season
Abergavenny

Postby Blueman39 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:44 am

Good game yesterday which is great so will be interesting to see if he gets a run or MM drops him in and out like Colwill ,Sang, NG etc
Blueman39

Postby welshrarebit » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:18 am

Seconded regards mcguiness. He looked very good. Plenty of tenacity and aggression with a willingness to get forward and comfortable on the ball.
welshrarebit

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:07 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:

I would definitely try Patten, Evans, Davies, Denham & Zimba but then I’m not the manager :thumbup:
Ponty Bluebird

Postby CantonStandBob » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:01 am

Abergavenny wrote:
CantonStandBob wrote:Thought he was really good, looked strong, he had pace and passed the ball well. He will play well alongside Pack and Ralls so hope we keep him there.

He will the person most comfortable in our midfield that is for sure One thing he does not have thou is great pace, so i have to disagree with you on that point
If he did have pace he would be running out midfield by the end of season

I thought he looked pretty quick when he broke through at one point. Maybe I am comparing him to the rest of the team though and they are making him look like Usain Bolt.
CantonStandBob

Postby moonboots » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:37 am

troobloo3339 wrote:

I would add Semenyo and d'Almeida to your very good list. Technically skilled a plenty of pace.
moonboots

Postby Sven » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:12 am

moonboots wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

I would add Semenyo and d'Almeida to your very good list. Technically skilled a plenty of pace.

Yes, a very good list and for me, the young striker Zimba should be given a go. We can't score at the moment, so nothing to lose and potentially lots to gain, as his confidence must be high after his recent goal-scoring form for the U-23's
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Return to General Chat