Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ryan Wintle

Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:56 pm

We sign him. He gets little chance. He’s sent on loan and Blackpool who were abysmal against us - the only team not to score against us this season- have improved. Can’t say it’s just him but he’s obviously part of their upswing.
Why the heck did McCarthy sign him????
Yet back home, most of our central midfielders are all out of contract this season so City should build the team around the youngsters in that area;not the hopeless Vaulks and Bacuna. Pack just about passes muster.
Bowen today actually passed the ball forward on the floor to a teammate. That’s beyond the capability of Vaulks & Bacuna.

Re: Ryan Wintle

Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:31 pm

Very baffling decision by mick or the club. Mick said he wasn't going to play but ho when we have bacuna and vaulks

Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:10 am

I really don’t understand that one. If he was loaned out to a league or two below us, then fair enough. I think he’s pretty much a regular in there side now as well.

Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:27 am

The only reason I can think of is that we sent him out go gain championship experience ready to replace one if our CM that will be out of contract next season. Id be recalling him in January if we can.

Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:29 am

Escott1927 wrote:The only reason I can think of is that we sent him out go gain championship experience ready to replace one if our CM that will be out of contract next season. Id be recalling him in January if we can.

Yes deffo recall him in January.

Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:34 pm

Need to bring him back and Murphy.
You only let players go if you can replace them.

Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:54 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:The only reason I can think of is that we sent him out go gain championship experience ready to replace one if our CM that will be out of contract next season. Id be recalling him in January if we can.

Andrew, we have that option... :thumbup:

Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:56 pm

Sven wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Andrew, we have that option... :thumbup:

Cheers Chris. :thumbup:

Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:24 pm

BigBearBlue1974 wrote:Need to bring him back and Murphy.

£££££££

Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:09 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

£££££££

But if you’re right and it’s down to money why sign him in the first place !!?? It’s not as if they bought someone else in after they signed Wintle that necessitated this loan ?

Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:42 am

Money is why him and Murphy have gone out on loan. But mick will tell you its because they need football weekly as he has to say that although I suspect its down to cost cutting the bill per month nothing more than that.

Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:18 am

Bluebird1977 wrote:Money is why him and Murphy have gone out on loan. But mick will tell you its because they need football weekly as he has to say that although I suspect its down to cost cutting the bill per month nothing more than that.

Spot on Ian.

Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:17 am

piledriver64 wrote:

£££££££

But if you’re right and it’s down to money why sign him in the first place !!?? It’s not as if they bought someone else in after they signed Wintle that necessitated this loan ?

Read the post below mine.

Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:35 am

piledriver64 wrote:

£££££££

Read the post below mine.

I have :?