‘ THE CCFC BOARD FULLY BACKING FOR MANAGER ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:32 pm

[b]Cardiff City backing manager Mick McCarthy[/b]

Mick McCarthy has revealed he has chatted to the Committee led by owner Vincent Tan and they are backing him and are fully behind him.

Monday 4th October 2021

[i][size=85]By Paul Abbandonato[/size][/i]

Cardiff City backing under-fire boss Mick McCarthy to turn around alarming run of results as Swansea City derby looms

Bluebirds boss McCarthy is under pressure after five straight losses saw his team slump to 20th in the table, but he continues to have the backing of Cardiff owner Vincent Tan for the time being

Cardiff City are giving Mick McCarthy their full support to arrest the alarming slump that has seen his Bluebirds plummet down the Championship table, Wales Online understands.

McCarthy has watched his side dip to 20th after five straight league losses and six defeats in the last seven.

The appalling run of results has shocked McCarthy, Cardiff's hierarchy , but they are standing by their manager.

McCarthy said,”I have spoken to the Committee and they have said they are fully behind me.”

McCarthy heard fans clamour for his head during the midweek humiliation at the hands of West Brom, but his team were applauded off the field after a much improved performance in losing to Reading on Saturday.

The Bluebirds were dominant for large parts of that match, but the fact they still lost - and failed to score again - has continued to lead of questions being asked of the manager.

However, we have been told there is no will from the Bluebirds hierarchy to part with McCarthy after his players produced a gallant show full of fight and spirit against Reading which proved he still has the dressing room.

They see him as the right man to lead the team out of the current troubles and he will be in charge for the next game, the little matter of a tasty South Wales derby with Swansea City after the international break.

Testing matches will continue to come thick and fast after that, with clashes against Fulham, Stoke and Neil Warnock's Middlesbrough to follow the Swansea clash.

Cardiff owner Vincent Tan is perturbed by what is happening at the moment, but we understand there is no sense of panic from the Malaysian and he is confident McCarthy will turn Cardiff's fortunes around.

Having pushed the boat out to a degree in last year's summer transfer window but failed to make the top six, Cardiff's top brass always regarded this campaign as one more of transition where they could trim the wage budget and also bring through home-grown youngsters.

McCarthy has done each of those things. But Cardiff still felt they had a good enough squad to be upper mid-table as a minimum and to potentially challenge for the play-offs.

At the very least they were expected to be hard to beat with defensive resolve, even if it meant drawing too many matches, but as things have turned out McCarthy's Bluebirds are being turned over way too easily.

McCarthy said after the Reading loss that his future was in the hands of others, but he also revealed earlier chats with the Cardiff hierarchy where they offered their support.

Despite the challenging set of fixtures on the horizon, Cardiff expect McCarthy to oversee an upturn in results and he will get the best part of two weeks to work with the players to prepare for the Swansea Welsh derby.

Cardiff want McCarthy to return to the type of form which marked his first 11 matches in charge, when his Bluebirds only lost once, in order to get the team quickly climbing away from the drop zone.

However, McCarthy also needs to take responsibility for his own flawed decision making which has been an instrumental reason for Cardiff losing so many games.
Attachments
F9199219-8A11-4DA5-81C1-E4623E28E0A0.jpeg
F9199219-8A11-4DA5-81C1-E4623E28E0A0.jpeg (45.29 KiB) Viewed 6548 times
366A1929-4184-4B80-B0F1-135F31721F23.jpeg
366A1929-4184-4B80-B0F1-135F31721F23.jpeg (99.5 KiB) Viewed 6587 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ‘ THE CCFC BOARD FULLY BACKING FOR MANAGER ‘

Postby john52 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:15 am

IF the board are backing the manager then it just goes to show the. Boards lack of knowledge of football and their ambitions.
john52

Postby danielrees17 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:12 am

Absolutely dreading the vermin game, we all know what to expect and can see a real poor 1-0 loss
danielrees17

Postby nickjonesrox2 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:25 am

Current CCFC board are a laughing stock, embarrassing our club more and more every day
nickjonesrox2

Postby Barclay1 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:34 am

Of course they are...
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby Bluebird1977 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:37 am

john52 wrote:IF the board are backing the manager then it just goes to show the. Boards lack of knowledge of football and their ambitions.

This is where I get lost in what people are expecting. Are fans expecting a top manager to come in with zero budget at a club or do they expect several 3 million pound signings and a top manager because as I see it our ambition is not that clearly due to us being told for a good while we are cost cutting so if that means we have no ambition so be it. I'd rather a club to watch than no club. Although I don't rate out manager or team bar a few yet it won't stop me being a fan no matter who's in charge or on the pitch you have to back them untill the club move them on or get rid. That's the bottom line. The problem is everyone is expecting results every week with the best manager and players and anything different it's a case of get rid of the manager talk although I do agree the board don't have much idea about football but as for ambition there isn't any like I've said above its all cost cut this season and next no doubt once 7 more bigger earners contacts run down. :bluescarf:
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:44 am

Bit of a shame but it is what it is and whilst I would like him to go is the risk of bringing in another manager worse than keeping mick? Do know if we got rid mick ans another man came in and got us relegated it will be a win win situation for some on here regarding the board .... I dont expect us to be relegated under mick but I would love him to go at end season.
pembroke allan

Postby Cheshirebluebird » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:52 am

Agree with earlier posts. Not at all happy with MM but bringing in a less experienced manager with no cash to spend would be a high risk strategy.
Cheshirebluebird

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:15 am

No point sacking Mick, yes he is a puppet, but we would get another puppet less experienced.

No good manager would now come to our club.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby castleblue » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:18 am

Typical Abbandonato making a story out of a comment by MM and in my experience it's best to take everything he says with a huge pinch of salt. The only people who know if the CCFC are fully backing MM is the CCFC board.

For me Abbandonato couldn't pick his nose never mind pick a team for a Championship football match.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:18 am

Bluebird1977 wrote:
john52 wrote:IF the board are backing the manager then it just goes to show the. Boards lack of knowledge of football and their ambitions.

This is where I get lost in what people are expecting. Are fans expecting a top manager to come in with zero budget at a club or do they expect several 3 million pound signings and a top manager because as I see it our ambition is not that clearly due to us being told for a good while we are cost cutting so if that means we have no ambition so be it. I'd rather a club to watch than no club. Although I don't rate out manager or team bar a few yet it won't stop me being a fan no matter who's in charge or on the pitch you have to back them untill the club move them on or get rid. That's the bottom line. The problem is everyone is expecting results every week with the best manager and players and anything different it's a case of get rid of the manager talk although I do agree the board don't have much idea about football but as for ambition there isn't any like I've said above its all cost cut this season and next no doubt once 7 more bigger earners contacts run down. :bluescarf:

Do you not remember where we were when Warnock started ? - we were bottom 3 I think, he bought in a couple of players / mates / battlers - and the rest his history.
It can be done - it has been done - and needs to happen again PDQ.
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:18 am

castleblue wrote:Typical Abbandonato making a story out of a comment by MM and in my experience it's best to take everything he says with a huge pinch of salt. The only people who know if the CCFC are fully backing MM is the CCFC board.

For me Abbandonato couldn't pick his nose never mind pick a team for a Championship football match.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

:lol: :lol: :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Escott1927 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:03 am

pembroke allan wrote:Bit of a shame but it is what it is and whilst I would like him to go is the risk of bringing in another manager worse than keeping mick? Do know if we got rid mick ans another man came in and got us relegated it will be a win win situation for some on here regarding the board .... I dont expect us to be relegated under mick but I would love him to go at end season.

I'm not soo sure. We might be saved by other clubs going into administration this season. If he is here for the rest of this season, I at least want him gone next season. Maybe the club can use the money is would take to sack him, to bring in a few players in january. Id be bring back wintle and whyte as well.
Escott1927

Postby mjw6150 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:22 am

As bad as it has been lately if we were in this position with another manager MM is the type of guy we'd want to come and turn it around, maybe he can do it yet.

Either way, I am glad the board have a strong view. I'd rather them back him or sack him than be unsure and let uncertainty reign over the coming games.
mjw6150

Postby Bluebird1977 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:32 am

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:

Do you not remember where we were when Warnock started ? - we were bottom 3 I think, he bought in a couple of players / mates / battlers - and the rest his history.
It can be done - it has been done - and needs to happen again PDQ.

I doubt we got money for a couple of durex mates to be honest let alone a new manager and some of his x players :x although it can be done, otherwise mick be gone and players would be on route already I suspect. People forget it would cost the club more money getting rid of mm and his team there not temporary staff so with everything going on that's the only reason I can see why they have supposedly back him plus he will say anything to keep the blame on him rather than the people above pulling the strings making decisons so the blames always going to be on the manager when it goes pear shaped :occasion5:
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby fred keenor » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:44 am

So Tomlin gone , freeing up some wages.

The next move will be interesting. Possibly strenghten the squad?

Somehow i just dont think so, in all instances it seems the club is cutting its cost for league 1.
fred keenor

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:54 am

This is all a bit weird.

So Wales On-Line say the board are backing him and yet elsewhere on this forum we're told they have already spoken to Flynn in the last week or so :?

Why would they speak to Flynn if they're backing the manager ? Were they asking him how the family is :roll:

They've either backed McCarthy and the post about talking to Flynn was nonsense or the article above is rubbish and they are just biding their time before they make a change.

Let's see how it pans out but I'd still rather make the change now and give a new guy a bit of a chance to change things.
piledriver64

Postby mjw6150 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:04 am

piledriver64 wrote:This is all a bit weird.

So Wales On-Line say the board are backing him and yet elsewhere on this forum we're told they have already spoken to Flynn in the last week or so :?

Why would they speak to Flynn if they're backing the manager ? Were they asking him how the family is :roll:

They've either backed McCarthy and the post about talking to Flynn was nonsense or the article above is rubbish and they are just biding their time before they make a change.

Let's see how it pans out but I'd still rather make the change now and give a new guy a bit of a chance to change things.

If Mick goes I think it is very unlikely Flynn is the replacement. As much as I rate Flynn and the job he did at Newport I'd rather stick with Mick if that is the alternative. If we are going to sack Mick I want to see a someone a bit more progressive in charge.
mjw6150

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:23 am

Barclay1 wrote:Of course they are...

Lose to the jacks and :wave:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Danny Says » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:31 am

fred keenor wrote:So Tomlin gone , freeing up some wages.1.

Suspect he’s had a decent wedge to buy out his contract
Danny Says

Postby Mr Moo Cow » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:34 am

Mick will be gone by Xmas - Wont see Halloween if we get turned over by the gypo's
Mr Moo Cow

Postby Jock » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:53 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Mick will be gone by Xmas - Wont see Halloween if we get turned over by the gypo's

Full backing is the kiss of death for a manager
Jock

Postby Danny Says » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:54 pm

Jock wrote:
Mr Moo Cow wrote:Mick will be gone by Xmas - Wont see Halloween if we get turned over by the gypo's

Full backing is the kiss of death for a manager

So who’s the messiah then? Who could turn the likes of Vaulks, Bacuna and Brown into competent footballers?
Danny Says

Postby Mr Moo Cow » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:27 pm

I don't think a messiah exists but Its all about utilising what you got better - Mick seems incapable of that
Mr Moo Cow

Postby MR BIRCHGROVE » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:46 pm

Two points mentioned in the last few posts.
Firstly, the backing from the board has often resulted in the swift removal of the manager soon after.
Secondly, if we lose to the Jacks, I can see 99% of our fans turning against both Mick and the board, resulting in the inevitable change in management of our club.
MR BIRCHGROVE

Postby valleyrambill » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:26 pm

Normally when the board say they are backing the manger that is the kiss of death, however unless we get a top manager and give him money to spend then I think we are safer with Mick
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:36 pm

valleyrambill wrote:Normally when the board say they are backing the manger that is the kiss of death, however unless we get a top manager and give him money to spend then I think we are safer with Mick

Really ? 7 losses in 9 games is relegation form.

I'm not normally quick to call for managers to be sacked but MM is making too many strange decisions and the players are looking confused too.

Bacuna as a forward, 5 centre backs, playing Collins instead of Moore when Moore clearly needs games, not giving Colwill (our only proper number 10) a real run, picking Nelson ahead of McGuinness, etc., etc.

People keep saying that this squad isn't good enough whereas for me, in a weak Championship this season, this is easily a top 10 squad. McCarthy just isn't making the right decisions or using the right tactics.
piledriver64

Return to General Chat